Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Lust In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lust In Church (1016 Views)

HELP!!! i am suffering from lust in my dreams / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality / When There Is Lust In The Midst Of Love. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lust In Church by Obelomo: 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2009
I had have a crush on someone in the church before, but just a little bit. Now I have a big crush on someone, which he used to too, anytime I am there he would look at me for long, but now he doesn't. Although I know he is trying to avoid me, but one time we had eye contact I did not even say hi. My question is what should i do?
Re: Lust In Church by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2009
what's your plan?

Are you trying to sleep with him? Since you're calling it lust.
Re: Lust In Church by Pharoh: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2009
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Re: Lust In Church by olabowale(m): 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2009
Pharoh, whats that all about, especially when it says "think about these things"? That verse is not stopping people from anything, except telling people to think about it! Its vague, inconclusive, and cant really act as a guide or guidance of emotion or morality!
Re: Lust In Church by Pharoh: 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2009
olabowale:

Pharoh, whats that all about, especially when it says "think about these things"? That verse is not stopping people from anything, except telling people to think about it! Its vague, inconclusive, and cant really act as a guide or guidance of emotion or morality!

She should think about those things because they will make her mind pure and free her from those lustful thoughts she is having. It takes a child of God to understand that verse so i believe it is appropriate for her.

There are many ways to advice her and i just presented one, waiting for her reply and i believe other members will also do likewise soon.
Re: Lust In Church by Abuzola(m): 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2009
Tpia are you ok
Re: Lust In Church by luvola(m): 3:07am On Nov 06, 2009
moon worshippers,accept jesus into yur life and b at peace
Re: Lust In Church by Kay17: 3:16am On Nov 06, 2009
Obelomo:

I had have a crush on someone in the church before, but just a little bit. Now I have a big crush on someone, which he used to too, anytime I am there he would look at me for long, but now he doesn't. Although I know he is trying to avoid me, but one time we had eye contact I did not even say hi. My question is what should i do?
it is called love too. the christian faith promotes the idea of sharing and expressing love. a warm response is required from you.
Re: Lust In Church by ccollins(m): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2009
Hmm,distractions in the church.i also affects me due to my youthful age and weak attraction to young women but my advice to u is that u cover ur heart wit the blood of Jesus.try and avoid and ask for The Holy Spirit direction.
Re: Lust In Church by Obelomo: 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thank guys! Anyways I am a crazy young girl I just will keep on praying to get my mind from him. Tpia he has told before can we be freinds, but since he found out I stay with my mom na different story. Maybe yes to ur answer, but I am going to focus more on God and stop thinking about any guy in church.
Re: Lust In Church by TpiaIDIOT: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2009
Abuzola:

Tpia are you ok

Abuzola I am fine, is sex a new thing ?
Re: Lust In Church by lawrence83: 6:26pm On Nov 06, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lust In Church by Obelomo: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
Tpia that is enough! Anyways he avoids me now, I am trying to let mind be spiritual in church okay Tpia.
Re: Lust In Church by Pharoh: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
Obelomo:

Tpia that is enough! Anyways he avoids me now, I am trying to let mind be spiritual in church okay Tpia.

Did you see the quote i gave to you, just start thinking about holy things and read your bible and christian journals. I must warn you as well the religious section here on nairaland is not what you think.

You can see how they are fighting themselves, i have been here long time so i know how they do things here. Just pray very hard and ask the holy spirit to help you. Please avoid him as well before he starts thinking you are after him.
Re: Lust In Church by Nobody: 12:14am On Nov 07, 2009
Obelomo:

tpia idiot is different from tpia.

it (the idiot) is one cowardly schizophrenic bastard who always displays his madness everywhere.

keep checking his posts.
Re: Lust In Church by luvola(m): 7:32am On Nov 07, 2009
who is this tpia idiot . i think u hav turmol in yur medulla
Re: Lust In Church by Abuzola(m): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2009
Hahaha tpia idiot
Re: Lust In Church by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 07, 2009
@Obelomo
We all have crushes. It's normal. But here's the thing to do - give it time. Be patient. If it fades off very quickly, then you would know that it was just a superficial thing, and you would have saved yourself from the emotional dumpster.

Plus, pray to God.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Chorister In The Vatican Accused Of Hiring Rent Boys! / Holy Ghost backside Whipping. . . . / Part 18. What Is The Great LovePeddler?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.