Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List (34817 Views)

Dino Melaye Receives Senator Of The Year Award / Wike Wins The Sun Governor Of The Year Award (Photos) / Saraki Decorates Dino Melaye With Senator Of The Year Award (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by bumi10(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
This is a very bad news to Nigeria and the NFA as a whole. Nigeria no longer have representation in the run for the CAF African Player of the Year Award.

The country's best shots, John Mikel Obi and Kelechi Iheanacho are missing in the latest five-man shortlist released by CAF on Tuesday having initially made the previous 30-man list that also had another Nigerian, Ahmed Musa included.

It is almost two decades a Nigerian has been voted as the continent's best and it is now certain to extend into 2017. Below is the five-man shortlist for the African Player of the Year:

1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon & Borrusia Dortmund)

2. Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Leicester City)

3. Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)

4. Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Roma)

5. Islam Slimani (Algeria & Leicester City)

For the African Player of the Year (Based in Africa), the top five are;

1. Khama Billiat (Mamelodi Sundowns & Zimbabwe)

2. Keegan Dolly (Mamelodi Sundowns & South Africa)

3. Rainford Kalaba (TP Mazembe & Zambia)

4. Hlompho Kekana (Mamelodi Sundowns & South Africa)

5. Denis Onyango (Mamelodi Sundowns & Uganda)

As stated by CAF, for the final phase, votes from the Head Coaches/Technical Directors of the 54 National Associations affiliated to CAF plus Associate Members, Reunion Island and Zanzibar, together with the other half of the 20-member Panel of Experts (10 persons) will be counted towards the determination of the eventual winners.

The 2016 Glo-CAF Awards Gala sponsored by telecommunication giants, Globacom, will be held on Thursday, 5 January 2017 in Abuja, Nigeria.

Could it get more worst for Nigeria

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/11/breaking-african-footballer-of-year.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by passyhansome(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
FTC for the first time ever
DEDICATE IT TO ALL KOPITE ON NAIRALAND, WE WILL NOT WALK ALONE. LOVE YOU ALL
“Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by sakalisis(m): 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
Heya

2 Likes

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by chrisbaby24(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ok
Dis men above me....una network no be here oo!!!

3 Likes

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by taurus21: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Let's be honest about it, they were never in a position to win it in the first place.

The likes of Victor Moses and probably Iheanacho may be in the top five in Africa by next year if they can continue with their present form.

And op I don't think I've heard any grammar like 'more worst'

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Sharon6(f): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Awwwwhhhhh. Better days ahead!

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Tic4tac(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ok
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by AreaFada2: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
hmmm
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Godprotectigbos(f): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
nonsense
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by osaslord500(m): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
They never deserved to be on the list, thank God yaya Toure is not there too. I think mahrez will win that award

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Mikel no deserve am

Kelechi will still win it if he continues with his scoring form

7 Likes

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Bensondrums(m): 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
We already knw d winner na even if dey include dese players...dat Aubemeyang guy is jst too gud.

*Modified*
As i open thread see say nobody don comment i jst dey happy say tday na my day,only for me t comment i nor knw d position i dey again. Nd yet u people up there tink u will mke heaven
ISSORITE

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by henrydadon(m): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
this is just unacceptable..you mean not a single nigerian player made the shortlist..we wont take it

[img]http://i./11Qbs98ZqLG1yw.gif[/img]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
I won't blame CAF , after all our USELESS MINSTER said there was no need qualifying for the WORLD CUP, since we can't win it.

What a shame and derogation

6 Likes

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
This people are just cheating us anyhow.

Iheanacho is as good as any of these 5 players,if not better.

Mikel is already a legend.........so what is their excuse??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Sultanchidi(m): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hmmmm better luck next time, i was even suprised Mikel made d 30 man list bt let's hope in future editions players like iwobi, kelechi or even ighalo can make d top 5

2 Likes

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by djakinwande(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
mtchewwwwww........... what dis dey achieve in d past years angry
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by raziboi(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
GOOD THINGS AHEAD!!!

1 Like

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
That is fair. It will be pure and clear ojoro if any Nigerian player is included in the top 5

2 Likes

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by yorke1: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
Fair list. I wasn't expecting to see any Nigerian player name there. The above listed players on the list are better by far than any Niegrian player in the year under review. Thank you.
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
Very soon Mikel will start complaining to the media grin

1 Like

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by papazizii(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kelechi will win the award oneday when his time comes,for now he is the only player that can win it in nigeria..
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Emperor100(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Wasn't expecting them on the list in the first place...

1 Like

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by ShitHead(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
See what Buhari has caused!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Icecomrade: 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2016

Victor Moses will contend next year if he keeps his present form for club and country.'

The five man list is still the best in African playing in Europe.

Mahrez will not be on the list next year, I can bet that. They guy dropped the form that put him on this list this season.

1 Like

Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Ejix4(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Am not surprised no Nigerian was included, we sabi play ball ni
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by LecciGucci: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nice try but. I know mahrez would win
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by chifreke13: 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good work
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
The list is much expected. Let's wait & see what the final three man list would look like.
Re: African Footballer Of The Year Award - Mikel & Iheanacho Out Of List by wristbangle: 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Fair list

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode To Obi: Do Us All A Big Favour, Go And Never Come Back / How Fayose Lost Ekiti / Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.