Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme (2756 Views)

Benue May Cut Alignment With North Over Killings / Expect Sectarian Riots After Friday Prayers In The North Over Trump/jerusalem / Nigeria Has Over N 2.7Trn In Treasury Single Account ( TSA ) – AGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Urukpe: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
There are series of silent protests from people of Northern Nigeria over the recently released list of beneficiaries for the N-Power empowerment programme.

The issue is that most of the names released for graduate category of Northern Nigeria are Southern Names. The North is not happy about this.

The protest might hit the streets soon.

I think the problem we have here is the problem of understanding the difference between place of origin and place of residence. Perhaps, the federal govt used the one that did not favor the North for the N-Power programme which is the place of residence, and it seem to favor the Igbos and Yorubas more. How can a name like Ebuka be appearing on the list for Adamawa state?

VP Osinbajo is in trouble! - Copied

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by CoolFreeday(m): 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nigeria is Nigeria, when will we grow above things like this that draw us backward.

1 Like

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Blue3k(m): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Urukpe:

The issue is that most of the names released for graduate category of Northern Nigeria are Southern Names. The North is not happy about this.

I think the problem we have here is the problem of understanding the difference between place of origin and place of residence. Perhaps, the federal govt used the one that did not favor the North for the N-Power programme which is the place of residence, and it seem to favor the Igbos and Yorubas more. How can a name like Ebuka be appearing on the list for Adamawa state?

Are they mad their children didn't study as hard as the supposed southern children? They have only themselves to blame for not taking education as seriously. What are the people who are mad going to protest?

How exactly did N-power favor someone. Do they have qouta system, lower standards for other students or affirmative action?

Last point.
Place of origin is stupid concept it should matter unless your an Indentitarian that cares too much about biological or ethnic catagories. After living in a particular place for awhile you should become a citezen of that state. In USA that's how it work. This system makes you focus on foolish bigoted issues.

1 Like

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Mrjo(m): 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Till then comment reserved
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
We are getting there....!
If Merit counts in this country.....North would be Obscure in the scheme of things in terms of executive manpower...!

Make una go school....! No be BokoHaram and plenty mosques be development

7 Likes

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by coptic: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
We are getting there....!
If Merit counts in this country.....North would be Obscure in the scheme of things in terms of executive manpower...!

Make una go school....! No be BokoHaram and plenty mosques be development

So you're not programmed to write a certain way after all?! grin

ME been don conclude say u be robot wey dey on preset to hate.

A good number of them go to school sha. Besides, number no dey determine brainpower.

We go school pass no mean say na we sabi book pass.

So, somehow, they could still find themselves at the top. Obscure doesn't exactly go here.

What this outlines is that they do not venture out of their region much, unlike the other tribes that like to explore.

2 Likes

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by omofunaab(m): 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Yes, N-POWER didn't use state of origin instead they used state of residence which i think it's good.

No igbo should cry of marginalization oooo because even in ogun state igbos residing there got N-POWER jobs

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by omofunaab(m): 11:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
I liked the method used by VP YEMI OSIBANJO , this is how it should be done.

Igbos are enjoying buhari's administration. grin grin grin. .no more marginalization grin grin grin

Igbos full ogun state list Baje Baje.. .azin the reasonable ones not those ones donating money to buy helicopters
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by basilo102: 12:57am On Nov 23, 2016
omofunaab:
I liked the method used by VP YEMI OSIBANJO , this is how it should be done.

Igbos are enjoying buhari's administration. grin grin grin. .no more marginalization grin grin grin

Igbos full ogun state list Baje Baje.. .azin the reasonable ones not those ones donating money to buy helicopters
grin grin grin
Ok, the money donated to buy helicopters has yielded results, the zo.o is scared of the incoming helicopters and their brain reseted.

6 Likes

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by YourNemesis: 1:23am On Nov 23, 2016
lol.... it was so funny today, I was going through some states in the north, and I was just seeing Yoruba and Igbo names everywhere like....
I was beginning to wonder how many Hausas had internet.

1 Like

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Urukpe: 3:14am On Nov 23, 2016
YourNemesis:
lol.... it was so funny today, I was going through some states in the north, and I was just seeing Yoruba and Igbo names everywhere like....
I was beginning to wonder how many Hausas had internet.

True
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by genali(m): 6:41am On Nov 23, 2016
Some southerners are so funny, when NDIC CBN FIRS & DPR offers were given to the same illiterate northerners you were crying saying you are marginalized, now you are laughing just because of a simple Bait, they still have Batch 2 and 3 of that same N Power you will wonder when they have internet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Nairadean(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2016
if they used state of origin, it means they want everyone back home. place of residence is ok
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by omofunaab(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2016
basilo102:

Ok, the money donated to buy helicopters has yielded results, the zo.o is scared of the incoming helicopters and their brain reseted.

Lmao, i can see that.

Please keep donating abeg

1 Like

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Urukpe: 8:10am On Nov 23, 2016
genali:
Some southerners are so funny, when NDIC CBN FIRS & DPR offers were given to the same illiterate northerners you were crying saying you are marginalized, now you are laughing just because of a simple Bait, they still have Batch 2 and 3 of that same N Power you will wonder when they have internet

I Think they use place of origin rather than state of origin which make more sense, if u go thru all the states list u will see northern name in them. I think the catch here is that most educated northerners don't leave the north to settled in the other area that much. for the record I saw northern names in bayelsa state list.
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Earth2Metahuman: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2016
CoolFreeday:
Nigeria is Nigeria, when will we grow above things like this that draw us backward.
if only we say this when something favors North.

When it favors South, especially the flat heads, it's on merit, but when it favors North, it's tribalism..

Watch how they will flood the thread singing they are better than everyone else and that's why they make merit list.

1 Like

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Urukpe: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

When it favors South, especially the flat heads, it's on merit, but when it favors North, it's tribalism..

Watch how they will flood the thread singing they are better than everyone else and that's why they make merit list.

grin
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by CoolFreeday(m): 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

you have a point. The southerners are very learned but I don't know why most of them chose to be mischievous most atime.
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Metallurgist: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:

Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by EmeeNaka: 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
What they used was state of residence. It's where you live that you'll get the training and work too.
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Urukpe: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
EmeeNaka:
What they used was state of residence. It's where you live that you'll get the training and work too.

EXACTLY
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by omowolewa: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
Over how much, 30, 000 Nigerian Naira?!
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by Urukpe: 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
omowolewa:
Over how much, 30, 000 Nigerian Naira?!

lolz
Re: Quiet Discontent In North Over N-power Programme by KevinDein: 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
genali:
lol
That's the southerners for you. When things go their way, it's all good and it's because they're the most educated, the most exposed, the most blabablabla

When things don't go their way, they cry marginalization, rain all sorts of insults on the internet and heap curses on Lugard.

Strange folks, those guys grin

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Man Of The Year 2016- Sun Newspaper / Is this the worst brainwashing of IPOB members? VIDEO / Yorubas Don't Truly Support Restructuring. It Is A Distraction For IPOB's Goals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.