Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization (25694 Views)

How I Overcame My Stubborn Addiction By Johnspeak Uwangue / 4-year-old Girl Who Survived Ikeja Bomb Blast Shares Her Story 16 Years Later / 2 Physically Challenged Men Sweep Abuja Pedestrian Bridge (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Glaxxs: 11:48am On Nov 23, 2016
Keneking:
Where is the challenge in the physical?
Your point? undecided
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Mystic1(m): 11:50am On Nov 23, 2016
Just the hand? There's nothing wrong with her na. undecided
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Basheer18(m): 11:51am On Nov 23, 2016
Keneking:
Where is the challenge in the physical?

Toh I think say na only me dea think am....
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 23, 2016
herzernIsHere:

Do yhu mind been in her shoes??....

Mtcheew

Some people are deaf,dumb and cripple at ones. alot of disabled people would give anything to be in her shoes.. I am not saying anything bad but her case is not that serious. i know of someone who uses her tongue to operate her phone cause she has no hands.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by olisasegun(m): 11:53am On Nov 23, 2016
Obijulius:
Pretty Lady

But let me ask, can't stuff like this be corrected with surgery. Doctors in the house please your opinion.

Yes, deformity can be corrected but the hand function might not be restored.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by herzernIsHere: 11:59am On Nov 23, 2016
Justnora:

Some people are deaf,dumb and cripple at ones. alot of disabled people would give anything to be in her shoes.. I am not saying anything bad but her case is not that serious. i know of someone who uses her tongue to operate her phone cause she has no hands.

I qet your point ma'am....

Truly!....her case is nothinq compared to some people's...
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
herzernIsHere:

I qet your point ma'am....

Truly!....her case is nothinq compared to some people's...

thanks
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by enomakos(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
A very pretty young lady
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by youngice(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
Thisis2raw:
They can kill the body with words, but they can't kill the spirit
It's the other way round
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Doublejoy411(m): 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
Where is the physically challenged lady
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by remmyton(f): 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
herzernIsHere:

Do yhu mind been in her shoes??....

Mtcheew

She's physically challenged, but I will tell you, her case is a minor compared to my friend's, I have known this my friend for more than 20years now but each time I see her, I still shiver.
She should be very grateful and live her life comfortably, because, she's better than thousands of people
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by herzernIsHere: 12:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
remmyton:

She's physically challenged, but I will tell you, her case is a minor compared to my friend's, I have known this my friend for more than 20years now but each time I see her, I still shiver.
She should be very grateful and live her life comfortably, because, she's better than thousands of people

Very true...
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by SpaceAngel: 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
Life. Even as beautiful as she is, people killed her spirit . If i were to counsel her i will just tell her just this, "LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROW"
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by akaahs(m): 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
Wow, i love this gurl. Looking forward to meet her.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by buffalowings: 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by chukwusi(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
You may have experienced a lot of difficulties because of your condition.. but endeavor to ask your mother the source of your predicament ... nurses will always take the blame mtcheww
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Orikinla(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
One of my closest female friends had similar challenges with her hand and leg.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Joshkid(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
Obijulius:
Pretty Lady

But let me ask, can't stuff like this be corrected with surgery. Doctors in the house please your opinion.

it can be corrected but I doubt if she can afford that much
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by leexey(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
Erb's palsy
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by chukwusi(m): 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
leexey:
Erb's palsy
correct guy
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by MrLekan95(m): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
Inspired
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by onyedika946(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
Lady, you r too beautiful, i don't know why you let that hand distract you alot.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Sunmolar(m): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2016
Beauty inside out
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by hakim92(m): 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
lewispius:
The lady who goes by the name, Victoria, shared her heartwarming story on her social media page. She wrote:

“MY NAME IS VICTORIA, FONDLY CALLED VICK
IN MY EARLY 20’S
LOVER OF GOD
LOVE MUSIC LIKE I LOVE MYSELF
AN UNDERGRADUATE STUDYING ECONOMICS
CHILDHOOD WAS NOT AN EASY ONE FOR ME
AT TIMES I WAS DISCRIMINATED OR CALLED NAMES IN PRIMARY SCHOOL (SMALL CHILDREN SENSE I GUESS)(FUNNY NAMES, because OF MY HAND DUE TO BIRTH CASUALTIES FROM NURSES)
EVEN IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, MY HAND SEEMED SCARY TO THEM AND EVERYONE NEEDED AN EXPLANATION, I COULDN’T EXPLAIN OR TELL WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME AT THAT AGE, BUT I CAN REMEMBER VIVIDLY GOING HOME AND CRYING TO MY MUM THAT I WAS CALLED “ONE HAND OR BENT HAND OR HANDICAPPED”….
ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS STAY ALONE AND LIVE A QUIET LIFE EVEN AS A LITTLE CHILD AND I GREW UP ALONE HAVING NO YOUNGER ONE(THEN)AND MY (ELDER)SIS WAS FAR AWAY…..
I TRIED TO SCALE THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL WITH LITTLE OR LESS DRAMA BUT HISTORY STILL REPEATED ITSELF AGAIN JUST LIKE PRIMARY SCHOOL……
SAME AS TERTIARY INSTITUTION, I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE DIFFERENT ALSO BUT IT BECAME WORST
I WAS RESTRICTED FROM SO MANY ACTIVITIES…….
FEW WHERE SELECTED FOR ME THINKING THAT WAS THE BEST BUT I HAD MY OWN IDEA
FAM WANTED ME TO READ LAW, (I WAS TOLD BECAUSE OF MY HAND) BUT HAD WANTED TO STUDY MASS COMMUNICATION
NOW I NOTICED EVERY RESTRICTION WAS INVOLVING MY HAND
I BEGAN SUFFERING FROM INFERIORITY COMPLEX,LACKED SOCIAL COMMUNICATION, BARELY SPEAK IN PUBLIC,DEPRESSED ,ALMOST GAVE UP ON LIFE AND I NEVER THOUGHT MYSELF TO BE BEAUTIFUL
(THANKS TO GOD , WHO MADE ME UNDERSTAND AM BEAUTIFUL AND WONDERFULLY MADE)……
I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY YOU CAN’T DO IT,OR VICKY ITS NOT FOR YOU
IT MAKES ME STRIVE AND WORK HARDER
BUT I DECIDED NEVER TO LET IT GET ME DOWN IN LIFE, I BELIEVED THE WAY YOU SEE YOURSELF IS THE WAY OTHERS WOULD SEE YOU.
I DECIDED TO DO WHAT WAS GONNA MAKE ME HAPPY AND NOT LIMITED
I AUDITIONED FOR DIFFERENT MUSIC SHOWS UNTIL THE BREAK THROUGH CAME I GOT TO TRAVEL OUT OF THIS SOIL WITH ALL EXPENSES BEEN PAID FOR
DEC LAST YEAR I TOOK A RISK AND CONTESTED FOR MOST ELEGANT GIRL IN NIGERIA AND CAME UP WITH THE TITLE MEGN-PLANET, WHICH HAS BEEN AN INTERESTING JOURNEY FOR ME…..
I KNOW AM NOT THERE YET
BUT WITH TIME, AM GETTING THERE….
AND TO THOSE FEELING DEPRESSED OR SAD ABOUT LIFE, DON’T THINK ABOUT IT
PRAY AND WORK TOWARDS IT AND SEE GOD ON YOUR SIDE
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, ACCEPT YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF
WHAT’S !MORE TO THE LIFE?
JUST BE U
AM NOT WRITING THIS TO GET LIKES OR
TO GET A SORRY OR MAKE YOU FEEL APOLOGETIC TOWARDS ME
HAVE COME TO REALIZE THIS IS WHO I AM
HAVE COME TO REALIZE YOU DON’T DEFINE YOURSELF FROM YOUR OUTWARD LOOK OR PRESENT SITUATION
HAVE COME TO REALIZE, MY PRESENT LIFE IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR ME
HAVE COME TO REALIZE IN EVERY DISABILITY THERE IS AN ABILITY…….?SIDE”

http://gistreel.com/2016/11/22/physically-challenged-lady-shares-heartwarming-story-overcame-stigmatization/

Greatness is found in between the folds of trauma. Find the folds.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by yatty4emmanuel(m): 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
you are too beautiful to say you are physically challenged, if all physically c
hallenged are as you are then I wouldn't be needing the full fitted ones without manners for spouse ship.I love you alread.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by ifymimi: 10:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Thank God for this... people discriminating their selves Will learn from this .God is always on ur side when you know Him. praise Him in every situations.. no matter what.
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by critic9ja: 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
herzernIsHere:
Whenever I find people like this around me...I try all my best to make them happy....I never one ostracize against a physically challenged being in my life......

TBH...it's not easy...seeinq people possess what you don't have when they did nothinq to earn it!!...

Vicky...I wish yhu the best in all endeavours!!!!!....

Herzern, ur words always touch my heart. God bless you and God bless her too
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by piagetskinner(m): 11:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
I'm inspired.... You are going places miss
U are great!
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by Ideagatesauto: 3:16am On Nov 24, 2016
Thanks
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by mccoyelectric: 6:29am On Nov 24, 2016
josephine123:
A crippled young lady, leading praise/worship with a very beautiful voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOuaUqArIKk

Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by SIRNIMS(m): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
This defect can be corrected via sugery
Re: Physically Challenged Lady Shares Her Story Of How She Overcame Stigmatization by herzernIsHere: 9:30am On Nov 26, 2016
critic9ja:

Herze.rn, ur words always touch my heart. God bless you and God bless her too

Amen bruh! ....and yhu too....

Thanks for the love and words of encouraqement......

I appreciate!!!.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

L / Ambode Lights Up M.K.O Abiola Garden And Many More Roads (photos) / What's The Highest help You Ever Received?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.