Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,537 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics (804 Views)

Saraki: I Have Never Seen This Kind Of Suffering Since I Joined Politics / I Made 95 Percent Of My Wealth Before Joining Politics – Saraki / How I Got My Wealth Before Entering Politics’– Bukola Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by SpeakforBS2016: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2016
Saraki...this Senate is committed to addressing the nation's challenges

Senate President Bukola Saraki has told the BBC Hausa service that he acquired 95 per cent of his wealth before he entered politics.

He is currently under investigation by the federal authorities over allegations of falsely declaring assets when he was Governor of Kwara State.

Saraki acknowledged that there was corruption in the country, but said his wealth was a result of coming from a blessed family and hard work.

He said he was confident that he would be cleared of the charges against him and he would continue to serve in public office.

The senator also said he had not evaded tax – an accusation highlighted in the Panama Papers.

He said: “Based on legal advice the company was set up because they were acquiring an asset and it was advised at that time and that’s how it was set up to the best of our knowledge. It was not a company that was set up by ourselves; it was set up by a legal firm and under a legal firm as far as to the best of our knowledge no law was being broken.”

His wife also appeared in those documents accused of registering a company offshore to buy a London property.
Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:31am On Nov 23, 2016
Really? shocked how did he make the money? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Stalwert: 7:34am On Nov 23, 2016
Kai, this kind ole when unah dey ole daris God oh
Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 23, 2016
What kind of business?
Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 23, 2016
That statement could mean two things.

1. Made his wealth before venturing into politics.

2. Made his wealth right under the nose of politics.

I think the answer is now clear. Case closed.
Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Funlordjnr: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2016
grin

Lucifer after hearing this superb bit of bobo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Atiku2019: 8:03am On Nov 23, 2016
wink
Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 23, 2016
As a medical doctor

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by modath(f): 8:54am On Nov 23, 2016
Keneking:
As a medical doctor

Selling body parts & vital organs, anything else, NA LIE!

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Airoflaw(m): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2016
from d money your father stole

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Johnnyessence(m): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2016
Saraki av started spewing his rubbish again on the media. He is a thief that should be checked. Bukola saraki is the bed rock of corruption in kwara state. Bukola saraki is an evil man in disguise. He will surely meet his waterloo soon. He thinks he is smart.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by Babacele: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2016
It is not his fault at all, blame PMB who claimed to subscribe to some democratic nonsense while Saraki festers. There can never be vacuum in this political space: either saraki sinks and PMB survives or vice versa. Time will tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by 989900D: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2016
cry cry
Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by ammyluv2002(f): 10:34am On Nov 23, 2016
Lies
Re: Saraki: I Made 95% Of My Wealth Before Politics by loopmangoat(m): 10:56am On Nov 23, 2016
Saraki the slayer of Buhari jagagban of boudillon and mere commissioner vice president ride on

(1) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari Is The Captain Of Nigerian Ship & He Knows Where He Is Going- Femi / Tai: Justice Liman Only Ordered For Conclusion Of Rerun Elections - APC / Photos : Lagos CP, Fatai Owoseni Orders Release Of Woman Who Stole Plantain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.