Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Trump To Appoint Famous Neuro-surgeon Ben Carson As Housing Secretary - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump To Appoint Famous Neuro-surgeon Ben Carson As Housing Secretary (660 Views)

Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship / Republican Ben Carson Opts Against Job In Trump Cabinet / Trump’s Era: Ben Carson Pulls Out Of Prospective Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump To Appoint Famous Neuro-surgeon Ben Carson As Housing Secretary by ovyekuju(m): 9:40am On Nov 23, 2016
Donald Trump’s one-time presidential rival, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, appeared to be a cabinet shoo-in Tuesday after both men mentioned his possible Housing and Urban Development appointment.

“I am seriously considering Dr. Ben Carson as the head of HUD. I’ve gotten to know him well–he’s a greatly talented person who loves people!” the president-elect said on Twitter.

Carson himself indicated on Fox News that the HUD position “was one of the offers that’s on the table.”

“Our inner cities are in terrible shape and they definitely need some real attention,” he told the broadcaster, adding that he had been interested in housing for a long time.

Carson quit the presidential race in March, only to endorse Trump one week later.

Trump similarly telegraphed his support for General James Mattis as a potential secretary of defense on Twitter over the weekend.

“General James ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis, who is being considered for Secretary of Defense, was very impressive yesterday. A true General’s General!” Trump wrote Sunday.

On Tuesday, The New York Times quoted the real estate tycoon as saying he was still “seriously considering” Mattis for the job.

Trump is in the process of forming his cabinet, with a stream of would-be appointees making the pilgrimage to his Manhattan tower and traveling to New Jersey over the weekend where they met the president-elect at his golf club.

Trump’s picks so far include ultra-conservative Senator Jeff Sessions as attorney general, hawkish congressman Mike Pompeo as CIA director and retired lieutenant general Michael Flynn as his national security adviser.

Steve Bannon, seen as an ideologue of the ultra-conservative alt-right movement, was named as chief strategist, while Reince Priebus, the head of the Republican National Committee, was named White House chief of staff.

More on this at http://www.bookspen.com/trump-appoint-famous-neuro-surgeon-ben-carson-housing-secretary/

1 Like

Re: Trump To Appoint Famous Neuro-surgeon Ben Carson As Housing Secretary by thesicilian: 9:49am On Nov 23, 2016
I thought Carson recently said he wouldn't take up any position in Trump's administration?! I guess he has become a typical politician

1 Like

Re: Trump To Appoint Famous Neuro-surgeon Ben Carson As Housing Secretary by EzeNri(m): 5:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
thesicilian:
I thought Carson recently said he wouldn't take up any position in Trump's administration?! I guess he has become a typical politician
He didn't say so. Actually, Ben is a fan of Trump.
Re: Trump To Appoint Famous Neuro-surgeon Ben Carson As Housing Secretary by thesicilian: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: Trump To Appoint Famous Neuro-surgeon Ben Carson As Housing Secretary by EzeNri(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Gunman Who Assassinated Russian Ambassador Was A Cop / Former President Dies Of Heart Attack / ‘we Hope You Come To Your Senses’: Russia Warns US Against Illegal Syria Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.