Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Aliko Dangote’s 10 Rules For Business Success - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote’s 10 Rules For Business Success (1619 Views)

Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures) / Media Accent Nigeria : Social Media Management... 10 Rules / Aliko Dangote's Nephew, Kally, Graduates From UK University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote’s 10 Rules For Business Success by DonaldYusuf(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
The name Dangote is like music on the lips of millions of Nigerians and Africans. I have heard people say he is just an opportunist that uses the government to build his business. Well, I agree that he is a friend to the government, but the questions I always ask is which reasonable government would not patronize a man that employs thousands. Which government would ignore a man that contributes immensely to the country’s GDP? Which government would ignore a man whose empire has a presence in 18 African countries?

Which government would not patronize a man whose companies control 43% of the Nigerian stock market with a value of N3.832 trillion naira leaving the balance of 57% for the remaining over 180 other companies listed on the NSE? I can go on and on but let me stop here.

Also, don’t we have people who have enjoyed government patronage for decades? What impact have they made? The truth like my friends in COZA will say is “The man know something”- Aliko Dangote knows something, and I have been studying him (I will call it a Masters in DANGOTE SCIENCE – MDS).

Recently i watched an interview of him where he shared his rules for business success. I’d like to share those rules here for you to learn and apply. Here are Dangote’s rules for success in business:

Listen to people
According to Dangote, to be successful in business you must be a good listener.

Be consistent
I like this one! To build a successful business you must be consistent at what you do; don’t start one business today and after 3 months jump to another business.

Possess the right information
He said he never invests in any business that he doesn’t have all the necessary right information.

Be focused
Don’t be distracted by too many things. Let your focus be on your business.

Think ahead
This is an evidence as to why Dangote is where he is today. Think ahead of the competition.

Have a Business vision
Having a vision is the foundation of everything. What are you pursuing? What do you aim to accomplish?

Do only things you understand
It will be difficult succeeding in a business you don’t really understand.

Think big
Whether you think small or big, it is the same head you are going to use so why don’t you rather think big. You don’t pay for thinking big.

Form strategic plans
It’s not enough to have a vision and think big, you’ve got to have a plan on how to achieve that vision.

Your name is your most valuable asset
You can’t kill your name in the process of trying to build a business. Most successful businesses are brands, and no brand can stand with a bad reputation. Your name and the name of your company is very important – it is a major asset. Guard it.

Source: https://businessideas.com.ng/blog/aliko-dangotes-10-rules-business-success/
Re: Aliko Dangote’s 10 Rules For Business Success by delectablegyal(f): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
how many likes for him?
Re: Aliko Dangote’s 10 Rules For Business Success by usibengate(m): 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote’s 10 Rules For Business Success by eezeribe(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
There is even a book... "DANGOTE'S TEN COMMANDMENTS ON MONEY" by Peter Anosike.. Foreword by professor Dora Akunyili(then Minister of information and culture)

That book is good... At least it is more direct to the Nigeria business climate as opposed to some foreign books that are more suited for America

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Partner With An NGO / Fumigation Services / Ago,pms,dpk,gas For Sale In Large Quantities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.