Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

SQL Server - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / SQL Server (1785 Views)

Building An Hierarchical Comment System In Asp.net Mvc, Ms Sql Server, Css / Sql Server / Vb.net & Mysql Or Vb.net & Sql Server. Programmers Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SQL Server by Jenkins2(m): 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello ,

I cannot connect SQL Server. Getting the following error message: Cannot open user default database. So my question is, how to repair sql server?

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this.

Thanks in advance
Re: SQL Server by samm(m): 8:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
Oops
Re: SQL Server by kudaisi(m): 9:53am On Nov 26, 2016
benzics:
Are you using OOP mysql or procedural? Are you sure you've created the database you want to connect to?
Connecting using procedural mysqli... $mconn=mysqli_connect(server, user, pass, database) ;if(!mconn) {die(mysqli_connect_error($mconn) ;}

Make sure you've already created the said database

SQL Server => mysqli undecided
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 10:48am On Nov 26, 2016
kudaisi:

Don't get
Re: SQL Server by kudaisi(m): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
benzics:

Don't get

MySQL and SQL Server are two different products.
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
kudaisi:

Please if you don't know much about something, I advice you keep it to yourself instead of shaming yourself on the internet... SQL takes Mysqli, PDO and others, they are just extensions of SQL...
Re: SQL Server by kudaisi(m): 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
benzics:

Please if you don't know much about something, I advice you keep it to yourself instead of shaming yourself on the internet... SQL takes Mysqli, PDO and others, they are just extensions of SQL...
mysqli (it is an extension no dispute) is specific to MySQL, PDO can generically access most database supported by PHP.

Why the heck would you want to user mysqli on SQL Server when you have PDO and a SQL Server specific extension ...i.e mssql
Re: SQL Server by kudaisi(m): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
benzics:

SQL Server as in Microsoft SQL Server. Just so you know, this on that you're being hasty to diss me.
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
kudaisi:
mysqli (it is an extension no dispute) is specific to MySQL, PDO can generically access most database supported by PHP.

Why the heck would you want to user mysqli on SQL Server when you have PDO and a SQL Server specific extension ...i.e mssql
Well I use mysqli at times and also use PDO.. Surprise! They all work! So I don't know where the base of your argument comes from!!
Re: SQL Server by kudaisi(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2016
benzics:

Well I use mysqli at times and also use PDO.. Surprise! They all work! So I don't know where the base of your argument comes from!!

You use mysqli with Microsoft SQL Server...it's alright, and I'm the one shaming my self on the internet? I guess it's no point getting into this conversation with you in the first place.

Enjoy you successful programming career.
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2016
kudaisi:

And you saying they are two different products as if There would be MySQL without SQL?? PDO, MSSQL, MYSQL, etc all use same queries which is SQL! How do you create a table in Mssql, PDO, mysqli? Is it not still "create table name"?? Na wa for all these I too know!
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
kudaisi:

You use mysqli with Microsoft SQL Server...it's alright, and I'm the one shaming my self on the internet? I guess it's no point getting into this conversation with you in the first place.

Enjoy you successful programming career.
Lol, when did I say I use mysql on Microsoft SQL Server? I'm still searching for that in my post, I didn't mention the server in which I use PDO and mysql, did I?
Re: SQL Server by Jenkins2(m): 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
hello everyone.
I want to say thank you for taking the time to share how to go about fixing this.
Re: SQL Server by goodwin11(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hello,
Each user has a default database. When you connect to computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server, and you do not specify a login database, the default database is used. To avoid the error try this app -https://www.sqlserverrepairtoolbox.com/

It repairs data types, views, procedures, tables, keys, indexes and other objects
Re: SQL Server by crickwilli: 10:51am On Nov 29, 2016
There are several reasons due to corrupt or damaged SQL database like Virus attacks, Hard disk surface contamination or damage, Accidental or intentional deletion of data and etc. Download an excellent tool Kernel for SQL Database Recovery Tool. This tool easy to recovers all corrupt or damaged SQL database. It supports all versions of MS SQL server and Windows OS versions. Visit here - http://www.sql.mdfrepair.net
Re: SQL Server by Jenkins2(m): 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
goodwin11:
Hello,
Each user has a default database. When you connect to computer that is running Microsoft SQL Server, and you do not specify a login database, the default database is used. To avoid the error try this app -https://www.sqlserverrepairtoolbox.com/

It repairs data types, views, procedures, tables, keys, indexes and other objects
Hello! This worked for me. Thanks
Re: SQL Server by FincoApps(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2016
benzics:

Gosh!!! How I hate ignorance. Someone is telling you a product is totally different from another and instead of you to quietly say you made a mistake, you are trying to insult him, saying he should not shame himself.

SQL Server is a Microsoft Technology and is not the same with MySQL.

I'm sure you later researched that and saw they had similar queries so you came here to bend your argument.
And to correct you, they have similar queries but that doesn't mean their queries are the same.

So you go do your research
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
FincoApps:

Gosh!!! How I hate ignorance. Someone is telling you a product is totally different from another and instead of you to quietly say you made a mistake, you are trying to insult him, saying he should not shame himself.

I'm sure you later researched that and saw they had similar queries so you came here to bend your argument.
And to correct you, they have similar queries but that doesn't mean their queries are the same.

OK o
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 7:44am On Dec 01, 2016
kudaisi:

Totally misunderstood though...
Re: SQL Server by benzics(m): 7:47am On Dec 01, 2016
FincoApps:

Actually thought sql server as.. mssql.. Cuz I don't make use of Microsoft technologies though! Just discovered it's still mssql cool

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Dietel's Java How To Program 10th Edition Online Chapters? / Becoming A Hacker With No Formal Knowledge Of It / The Best Way To Learn/understand MVC In PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.