Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Olusola Oke Of Ad Manifesto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusola Oke Of Ad Manifesto (521 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Blasts Olusola Oke On Twitter Ahead Of Ondo Governorship Election / Olusola Oke Campaigns On River With Canoe (pics) / Olusola Oke, AD Candidate Arrested In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olusola Oke Of Ad Manifesto by tsirin(f): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
MY MANIFESTO
Fellow citizens and residents of Ondo State, my name is Chief Olusola Oke and I seek your support to serve you.
My fellow citizens and residents, my passionate desire to serve you and our land is not an ethnic or personal agenda; it is an agenda for the advancement of the commonwealth of Ondo State, her people and everyone who is a partner in the development of a state like ours - Ondo State.
Our challenges
We are challenged by a nation-wide receding economy, increasing prices of staple food, non-payment of months of salaries to our hardworking civil-workforce, reduced opportunities of income for our artisans, reduced quality in educational delivery; very recently, students in our government run schools were on the verge of losing the privilege to be screened in the recent screening exercise into tertiary institutions because the current administration did not pay their WAEC fees in time thereby forcing the exam body to withhold the result of thousands of students, low agricultural outputs despite the numerous possibilities that we have to be the food basket of the nation, not to mention the massive investment that have been made in that regards without commensurate returns.
These challenges are surmountable. Collectively and intelligently, we can get Ondo State into the top 3 economies in Nigeria and Africa.
Our Opportunities
I am not running for office, I am running for the good of all. I am on a quest; to serve together with you. My desire to partner with you by occupying the second highest office in the land which is the office of the Governor; (because I believe that the highest office in the state is the office of the citizens and residents), is to ensure that together with the citizenry, we press forward towards our collective prosperous future.
Ondo State has a fairly large population of 3.4million people suggesting a potential for high output. Its economy which is sixth largest in Nigeria is dominated by Agriculture, oil and gas, abundant natural resources among others. The fact that Ondo State is arguably the most peaceful State in the Oil Rich Niger-Delta region, made her the most viable investment destination of all times.
The State’s Economy is basically agrarian with large scale production of cocoa, palm produce and rubber. Other crops like maize, kolanut, yam and cassava are produced in large quantities. The State is also blessed extensively with fertile soil suitable for agriculture, Sub-Savannah forest suitable for cattle grazing in the northern Fringes, vast forest resources, variety of timber species e.g. Teak, Gmelina, Manzonia, etc. which can sustain a massive furniture industry. This is not forgetting that the State has a wide range of Fish resources which account for the core of the economic activities in the riverine area of the State.
Ondo State is equally blessed with extensive deposits of crude oil (currently she accounts for 12% of the Nation’s oil produce), bitumen (4th largest deposit in the world), glass sand, kaolin, granites, marble and limestone. Therefore, the state has great potential for rapid industrial growth in view of its raw materials base.
Dear noble Elders and concerned Friends, our great State, our commonwealth which is evident in our industrious human capital resource, our aquatic resources, our arable land for agriculture and our largely untapped non-oil mineral resources to mention a few, require an administration that is led by an experienced, sincere, capable, people centered leadership, if we must further harness the huge possibilities and opportunities that would serve as rewards to the interest of the generality of the Ondo State people and give us the future we deserve.
Our Future
I am first and foremost a CITIZEN of Ondo State, with personal values such as SELFLESS-SERVICE, TRANSPARENCY, and EXAMPLERARY LEADERSHIP, values that stand me in good stead, qualified and capable enough to offer selfless, committed stewardship to the good people of Ondo State.
Over the years, I Chief Olusola Oke, together with the teams I have been privileged to serve with, has demonstrated integrity, capacity for service, and peerless leadership. My antecedents speak volume about my doggedness and determination to be a platform that enhances societal advancement. I have a deep-seated belief in the ideology of purposeful leadership and team spirit.
I make this commitment to you based on my core values of SELFLESS- SERVICE, TRANSPARENCY, and EXAMPLERARY LEADERSHIP, to ensure that together, we can translate this numerous resources from their seemingly raw form into the future you desire and deserve.
When I say you,
-I mean our children, youths, adults,
-I mean our students –in nursery, primary, secondary, vocational and tertiary levels,
-I mean our committed and hardworking farmers,
-I mean our dignified teachers (at all educational levels),
-I mean our dedicated civil service workforce,
-I mean our skilled artisans and craft men (tailor, carpenters, welders hair stylists, vulcanizers, mechanics etc)
-I mean our careful transport operators of all modes,
-I mean our traders,
- I mean our very diligent security personnel,
-I mean our passionate professionals (doctors, nurses health workers, engineers, lawyers etc),
- I mean our consummate Entrepreneurs,
-I mean our wonderful environmental workers, who see to the cleanliness and beauty of our environment,
-I mean you, whose vocation and profession has not been recognized or mentioned, without which the development of Ondo state is not complete.
-I mean you, who wakes each day to work honestly and wholeheartedly to put smiles on your faces, that of your family and your fellow men,
-I mean you of the different ethnic descents who reside in this state, this sunshine land of promise.
To experience this future on the rails of the fortune our state is blessed with, my challenge to you which of course is a challenge I am earnestly committed to surmounting, is that as a people, we G.O.FO.R.W.A.R.D in GOING FORWARD, I’m committed to leading an administration that is based on an innovative, improved and effective service delivery model in the areas of:
G – We are offering to lead a Practical and People oriented GOVERNMENT. Our government would be one with a lot of SALT. We are offering the people of Ondo State, Servant-Leadership, Accountability, the rule of Law that engenders equality for all & Transparency.
O – Opportunities for youth engagement and human capital development based on our SITE initiative; Sport. Industry. Technology. Entertainment
F – Free Healthcare delivery building on the efforts of the previous government – “why stop what is good when government is about continuum”. We would innovate and improve the current health delivery system at all levels
O - An Organized Education System; we would ensue service delivery upgrade, across all levels of our education system as well as improve the welfare of our teachers so we can take back our place in the comity of states as an educational power house. We would pursue an innovative educational policy driven by technology that helps our children and students stand shoulder high amongst their peers nationally and globally
R – Rewards; that are tangible in value for our senior citizens, pensioners, students and dedicated workforce
W – We would run an efficient Women development scheme as well as an effective social welfare scheme for Senior citizens (the elderly ones in our society) and Children
A – Aquaculture resource development & Agricultural resource exploration; We would pursue an innovative and mechanized AGRICULTURAL and AQUATIC RESOURCES revolution, geared towards achieving large scale food production security for Ondo State and Nigeria as well as bring to bear on our economy the benefits of being the state with the longest coastline in Nigeria
R – Revenue; we would review the model for internally generating revenue so that we arrive at an IGR model that is non-burdensome to the people, fair and yet effective to aid our development commitments
D – Diversified & Robust Economy; our ECONOMY drive is based on a strategic, deliberate and transparent industrialization drive backed by sustainable infrastructural development borne on the wings of non-burdensome Public Private Partnerships that would position us to harness the numerous Agriculture, Aquatic resources, Natural & non-oil mineral resources that our state is blessed with to the end that we improve our economy and provide employment opportunities for our people
We understand that having a peaceful state is important to achieve massive development and progress, our commitment to the security of lives and property supported by a well-managed security trust fund to further ensure the peace we have so far enjoyed in our state will be vigorously pursued. Whilst we know that it is God who watches over all, we would be committed to the welfare of our security agencies and do our best to continue to leave up to the fact that we are arguably the most peaceful stat in the Niger-Delta region
Great citizens and residents of Ondo State “History is brimful with expansive accounts of leading lights, who by providence, emerged leaders of note in their generations. Such individuals are spurred into needed action by their desire to leave color-fast imprints created in their chosen fields of human endeavor. The absence of leadership by purpose, transparency of intention and integrity in governance and obvious lack of economic blueprint that holds the promise of tangible development demands courage” – this has encouraged me to offer myself for service to my state at this critical point in the life of our state.
My dear people of Ondo State, I have with diligence and commitment served, I still am serving and still am committed to serve the responsible and resourceful people of this state in various capacities. I have learnt the art of service and I’m committed to bringing my experience to bear in this new office I seek your support to serve in, for the benefit of all the people of Ondo state.
I solemnly resolve to take full responsibility for myself, our incoming administration and Ondo state to serve and to lead with honour, equality, compassion and to be faithful to my oath of office.
I WILL confront evil and pursue justice for all based on the rule of law, while working diligently together with my team to provide for the needs of the people of Ondo state.
I WILL work with integrity, courage and the strength God provides me as I have always done, as a man answerable to God and to the people of Ondo State to fulfill this resolution as you join me in GO FORWARD to the Future that every Ondo state indigene and resident deserves.
Ondo State, my name is Chief Olusola Oke, I am capable, let us GO FORWARD.
Together, let us transform our fortunes into a very fruitful FUTUE for all
God bless you
God bless Ondo State
Ipinle Ondo …… e je ka tesiwaju ….. oke ni a n’lo ooo!!
Ondo State ….. GOING FORWARD …. Is our joint effort

https://mobile.facebook.com/olusolaalexander.oke?fref=nf&refid=28&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6356239389307896367%3Amf_story_key.8011276723945703642%3Atop_level_post_id.10205676540272068&__tn__=C

1 Like

Re: Olusola Oke Of Ad Manifesto by oyemmyx72(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kudos to Ondo State in coming governor..... My vote is for you....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Made 95 Percent Of My Wealth Before Joining Politics – Saraki / . / PHOTOS: Senators Visit Nigerian Army Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.