Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari (851 Views)

I Feel Sorry For Tinubu, Aregbesola Has Damaged Him – Olaitan / Ondo Elections : "Rig And Die " - OPC Threatens Federal Government / Ondo Elections: Yoruba Muslims Threaten Political Revolt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari by MrPolitics: 12:35am On Nov 24, 2016
the ondo staqte gubernatorial elections is no doubt a power play between national leader of the APC Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the president Muhammadu Buhari GCFR.
the outcome of the elections will be a determinant factor of APC's future.

If AD wins, it would show to PMB that BAT remains the major force of south-west politics for him and his boys to have revived a dead party and lead it to victory. it will show how indispensable BAT is to the AC especially in the south-west and i think the leaders of the party including PMB will arrange a meeting with Tinubu on how to end their differences and be a stronger force for 2019

Meanwhile, if the APC wins, the Buhari cabal will feel they can take over the south-west even without Tinubu's help and they will continue to alienate him in party activities until he's frustrated out of the party. This way it'll be up to PMB's boys from the south-west (fashola, fayemi, amosun etc) to lead the south-west APC and hijack it totally from Tinubu;s control (a fight that will no doubt be very dirty)

so far, unless the ondo guber election is postponed, the race seems to be between the AD and the APC with their respective candidates Oke and Akeredolu.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out
Re: Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari by zero8zero(m): 3:27am On Nov 24, 2016
There is period of sleepless
nights between the two camps. Saturday will define a new twists within APC whether a victory or loss. I will go with the call of ondo people, they've got the aces.

Truth is mine*

1 Like

Re: Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari by Atiku2019: 5:20am On Nov 24, 2016
Lol it's a sure Victory for Jegede wink samething happened in Oyo when five heavyweights were contesting it led to an easy ride for Ajimobi
Re: Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari by MrPolitics: 7:03am On Nov 24, 2016
Atiku2019:
Lol it's a sure Victory for Jegede wink samething happened in Oyo when five heavyweights were contesting it led to an easy ride for Ajimobi

But I think the court cases ruined jegede's chance. Unless the elections are postponed and he has more time to campaign
Re: Ondo Elections : What It Means For Tinubu And Buhari by Ragnnar: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2016
Watching in 3D.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Awarded Highest National Honors By Presidents Of Lib / ‘if Ex President Jonathan Left No Savings, What Money Did Buhari Use To …?’ / Show Some Love If You Missed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.