Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Choice Of Life And Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Choice Of Life And Death (245 Views)

God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / The Link Between Sex And Death / A World Without God And Death of Civilization! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Choice Of Life And Death by yommyuk: 6:13am On Nov 24, 2016
Jeremiah put it bluntly; “Take your choice of life or death” (Jer 21:8 ). The prophet warned King Kedekiah and his people to submit to the Lord’s instructions. If they did, they would live; if not, they would die. In Jeremiah’s day, only a few chose life; the majority rebelled and experienced death from the attack of the Babylonians.

Who are the Babylonians of today? The world system; The decision makers; The world governmental institutions; Financial Institutions; High net worth individuals like Bill Gates and the Dangotes of our time; Religious Authorities; Governmental regulatory agencies; Coalitions formed by worldly super powers; Multinationals. These are forces that have indirect and direct control/ influence over the environment we live in.

However, when we surrender our ways to the Lord, these controls become minimal. Exampled: 10% of a tithers income goes to the Lord and the hand of the Babylonians cannot touch it. Minimizing social excessive/unnecessary expenditure and maximizing nuclear family outflow decreases family tensions/divorces hence building a stronger society. Living life in moderation creates surplus cash flow, which can be used for charitable purposes. Being content with one’s lot eradicates envy and jealous tendencies which creates harmony within the greater society. The reverse is obvious.

Brethen, let’s mediate on these things and choose life over death things.

Matthew 4:8-10
Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “All this give You he said, “if You will fall down worship me “Away from me, Satan!” Jesus declared. “For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’”

1 Peter 3:3-4
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewellery, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Philippians 3:13-14
Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

John 9:25
He answered, “Whether He is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(fri. 25/11/2016) / Over Flow. / Https://revivedyouthcream588.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.