Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

What Is Your "Strong"? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Your "Strong"? (581 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your "Strong"? by Jazmiynne: 9:28am On Nov 24, 2016
https://jazmiynne./2016/11/24/356

Career women are blazing the trail and it goes without saying that if you have to succeed as a career woman, you have to be a strong woman. The Big Question is: Have you identified you own "strong"? What is the "strong" of the women you know?

The world is so busy trying to sing the ‘strong woman’ anthem to the girl-child such that at some point we begin to lose sight of what it really means to be a strong woman.

The picture-perfect woman with absolute work-life balance and wealth at her beckon may not fit in as every woman’s “strong”.

Truth is, believe-it-or-not, every woman has a “strong” – all she has to do is find it and optimally polish it to be the best she can be.

So, waking up to that realization, I think every woman should take a breather and try to discover her own “strong”.

I’d share mine with you off the top of my head. Please feel free to add yours. Males are welcome to define the “strong” of the women in their lives.

Here goes:

I’m a strong woman – not because I have perfect organization for my life – but because even at the brink of my edge, I can smile and damn the consequences.

I’m a strong woman – not because I don’t shed tears – but because even with tears streaming across my cheeks, I can smile and assure the world that it’s okay.

I’m a strong woman – not because I have no fears – but because amidst my fears, I would dare possibilities.

I’m a strong woman – not because I have no use for a man – but because I can admit when I need him.

I’m a strong woman – not because I rule the world – but because I contribute value and substance to it.

I’m a strong woman – not because I don’t make mistakes – but because my mistakes won’t break me.

I’m a strong woman – not because I know everything – but because I am willing to learn them all.

I’m a strong woman – not because I am ruthless – but because I have been taught where and how to draw the lines.

I’m a strong woman – not because I have no use for love – but because I know when to love and when I’ve lost.

I’m a strong woman – not because I have achieved the world’s wealth and success – but because I have achieved the wealth of happiness and the success of loving me.

I’m a strong woman – not because you think so – but because it’s an undeniable fact.

What is Your “strong”?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your "Strong"? by mYphhiRes: 10:48am On Nov 24, 2016
Jazmiynne:

What is Your “strong”?

My "strong" is in knowing what I want and getting it above all odds!

It's in knowing that my body is an asset not a tool in my journey to success

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Federal Civil Servants Groan As Buhari Orders November Salary Slash [DOCUMENT] / Naval DSSC Shortlist 2016 Successful Candidates / Techstars Atlanta Is Coming To Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.