Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nigeria Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow: Governance And Accountability​ – Olusegun - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow: Governance And Accountability​ – Olusegun (407 Views)

Victor Agunbiade: US Navy Honours Nigerian Officer For Accountability / CP Hakeem Olusegun Odumosu: Lagos gets new Commissioner of Police / A Co-worker Was Sacked Yesterday For Not Coming To Work On Public Holiday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Yesterday, Today And Tomorrow: Governance And Accountability​ – Olusegun by Azeemokoya: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2016
Lecture by His Excellency President Olusegun Obasanjo At the First Akintola Williams Annual Lecture in Lagos, November 23, 2016

When my sister, ’Toyin Olakunri, phoned to alert me about this Lecture, the telephone connection was poor and I could hardly hear her but I got the name of Mr. Akintola Williams which has always struck reverence and awe in me.

Mr. Akintola Williams has seen active days and has been an active participant in Nigeria of the past, Nigeria of the present and by God’s grace, will be part of Nigeria’s future for some time to come.

’Toyin, who was a tremendous help to me when I was in government as she served as the Executive Chairperson of Education Trust Fund, knows that any request by her is taken as an order by me. But that request being made to honour a great man of Mr. Akintola Williams calibre cannot be refused. And what is more, the topic assigned, “Nigeria Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow: Governance and Accountability”, is so relevant to the time we are in that it is irresistibly attractive and befitting for an occasion like this where we celebrate an icon, Mr. Akintola Williams, who is a paragon of propriety, rectitude and integrity.

This afternoon, I will reflect with you on this topic which will take us on a time travel into a bit of Nigeria’s past, cruising to the present and with a quick peep into the future.

Read more at: http://www.jalupon.com/nigeria-yesterday-today-and-tomorrow-governance-and-accountability%E2%80%8B-olusegun-obasanjo%E2%80%8B/

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For An Asset Surveyor Manager (6 Months' Contract) / Free Skill Acquisition & Capacity Building Program / A Young Blogger Is Contesting For An Award. Kindly Vote For Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.