Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area (42560 Views)

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Download Parenting And Teens Seminar On Sex With Praise Fowowe, Lanre Olusola!!! / Teens And The Things They Do That Worry Their Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Jacko1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
Is a lie jor

Nigerian guys have respect

D gals are most disrespectful

Infact a site has rated nigerian ladies most foul mouthed..

Greedy.... Ladies in the world

Soon we will remove title of ladies for nigerian girls.... And officially start callin dem Nigerian bitches

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by wiloy2k8(m): 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

Ahhh you got it right, yes

where all the girls na strong Olosho

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by tosyne2much(m): 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
buffalowings:

Wait this is the second time you're replying to the same guy

Are you high? angry
I didnt take note of that.. Ema binu sir cheesy
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by GOFRONT(m): 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
And the Mother who gave a go ahead to the Thugs to butcher her Son sayin she z Fed up wit him comz to mind.....Lastweek in Edo state

In my own place the rverse is the case here. SS2 gals hav taken over...They belong to a cult group, piercin of multiple holes on d ears, wearin of skimpy skirts, And I over heard one sayin "I lost ma fone last nite coz I waz drunk".....I said wat!!!!....SS2??..... drunk

Can't help but Smh

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by yaqq: 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Most male children tend to learn so many things on their own, female children needs alot of talks, advice, grounding to make proper choice in life. Female children re very vulnerable, rape,pregnancy Nd all that. So because a male child is out there playing football so we should Allow the female ones go out there and have fun too? Man and woman re not equal even before God. A female child is trained to become a woman to be able to cook, clean and do home chores whereas a male child is trained to become a man with responsibility to provide for the home chickena
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by teemy(m): 10:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
what i keep noticing on this thread is exactly what the op complained about. without pulling punches everyone is free to drop their lines. please let's keep this civil. thanks

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by lieutenantHaven: 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:
It seems males and females are raised differently within most households

The boys act unruly and disrespectful most times, they are also sexually exposed far too early whereas the girls appear respectful and polite.

Some parents don't bother about training their male kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the girls are trained and made to do multiple domestic chores

Don't complain about your husbands if you are not ready to train your sons because they will be someone else's spouse one day.

Op pidgin2 or wateva. Go and sit down. They must lie down for u to pass becos u re 90 yrs old.
Keep basking, languishing and wallowing in ur deluded fools paradise. Train ur own children. Teach them the road to there hometown Enugu, anambra abia, ebony and Imo. And not when u go to festac and hang there for years u wil start dishing out dogmas on wat respect should be. Respect should start from you going to ur hometown. Lagos is not ur home, tomorw nw u wil start wailing bcs they have demolished ur shop. Go to owerri Douglas road, ogbete Enugu, Onitsha main market shops full there.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Sanchez01: 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:
Apart from the disrespect part, hasn't it always been like this?

Most boys were allowed total unrestricted freedom from even house chores for the single reason that they are male kids.
Most were given the choice meat,largest food portion,cleaned after by their sisters etc.
Why do you think we have some really dirty husbands now? Overgrown babies who can't even wash their own boxers?
Even in my house,my niece wash her brothers cloths on the instruction of her mummy,beaten if she shouts back at them or fight them,not because she is younger but because she is female,and will go to husband house grin
a lot more,lemme hold it here.

Maybe the elite parents of this generation will help correct this trend for our future daughters
Not in the home I grew up in. It was the other way around for me. I could remember being tutored on when to season and when not to season foods. I prepared my first sea food soup at 14, and started cooking for the house at that age. At 16, I had already mastered the art of making eba without a single lump. I was 'burdened' far too early to take responsibilities for my life, not because I was loathed but because I am the only son.

Today, there's hardly a meal, snack or delicacy that I can't prepare, save for the fact that that I hate the food in question.

Elitist parents are worse. I had so many friends who fell into that class as a teenager and I must say that most of them were badly trained. The middle, strict, class family is the only hope to a stronger generation. The lower class and the higher class are not in any way encouraging when it comes to raising kids.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Kenth3433(m): 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

#selfish#greed#illitracy tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Dicksonpal: 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
That's how a group of boys dint leave d road after sounding the honk of the car, I told the guy I would crush his leg, he replied or muttered a word, I got down n D group started begging, awon pmokekere elegbekegbe

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Kenth3433(m): 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

#selfish#greed#illitracy tongue tongue tongue tongue

I don't have anything to say
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Carlmax(m): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

Most boys were allowed total unrestricted freedom from even house chores for the single reason that they are male kids.
Most were given the choice meat,largest food portion,cleaned after by their sisters etc.
Why do you think we have some really dirty husbands now? Overgrown babies who can't even wash their own boxers?
Even in my house,my niece wash her brothers cloths on the instruction of her mummy,beaten if she shouts back at them or fight them,not because she is younger but because she is female,and will go to husband house grin

Maybe the elite parents of this generation will help correct this trend for our future daughters

Not in the house I grew up. In fact in most cases. Girls are more pampered.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by 900warriorz: 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

mbanu ooo. It was never like that in my own house! The boys did as much as the girl would do or even more. Iya bukky doesn't like lazy boys and will never want any of her sons to be unruly and non-chalant! You no go even wan try am with my mother! Movement was restricted and if you go out with her persmission and return late, better carry the person wey you go visit come house ooo....and that's just to lessen your punishment!

But some parents too are partially not to blame, if them discipline pikin now, everybody go dey shout child abuse! Make God help us with this indomie generation! I miss the cheese balls generation, them get manners! No be the big cheeseballs oo! The small orange cheese balls sold for #10.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Ugosample(m): 11:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

Ahhh you got it right, yes
no wonder.....
It's a sorry situation in Festac..
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by willibounce1(m): 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
Aunty almost all teenagers and pre teen boys are disrespectful. Na yoruba teenagers worst pass. Shebi the ones wey dey festac just dey disrespectful and no dey greet. If you go to ebute meta, mushin, ketu, ikorodu, you will understand that festac teenagers na ajebo.

The mad teenagers in ebute meta and ketu work around with knives and daggers tucked in their trousers. They are always ready to fight. You go to a bar around 11pm and you find small boy and girls of 14 - 17 dancing, smoking, them no get money to drink. How can any sane parent allow their children to be outdoors after 10pm? You'll see these teens choping claws... them no born you well to try correct them. Na to just dey look. Many of the boys are just long and brainless. I wonder what naija will be like when these set of brainless teenagers grow up.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Sanchez01: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
yaqq:
Most male children tend to learn so many things on their own, female children needs alot of talks, advice, grounding to make proper choice in life. Female children re very vulnerable, rape,pregnancy Nd all that. So because a male child is out there playing football so we should Allow the female ones go out there and have fun too? Man and woman re not equal even before God. A female child is trained to become a woman to be able to cook, clean and do home chores whereas a male child is trained to become a man with responsibility to provide for the home chickena
Unfortunately, your mindset is the problem with most parents. We think females are more vulnerable, not true. On the contrary, a male child, if allowed to learn through self discovery (heuristic method) stands a higher chance of being a menace to not only his family but his society.

ALL CHILDREN ARE EQUAL AND ARE THE SAME. However, preferential treatments could create a huge gap between both sexes in the home.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by davidif: 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

Wow! So Naija son rotten finish? I can't imagine my mother telling my sister to wash my clothes or give her a piece of meat bigger than hers simply because of my gender. Now I understand what Chimamanda Adochie was saying in her speech about feminism.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by maafen: 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:
It seems males and females are raised differently within most households

The boys act unruly and disrespectful most times, they are also sexually exposed far too early whereas the girls appear respectful and polite .

Some parents don't bother about training their male kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the girls are trained and made to do multiple domestic chores

Don't complain about your husbands if you are not ready to train your sons because they will be someone else's spouse one day.

OP you are wrong about this girls engage in sexual activities far earlier than boys and being disrespectful at that age is not a gender issue. I can prove you wrong statistically.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Codes151(m): 11:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
This personal thought actually made fp?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by nerodenero: 11:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
Some years ago, people would give details of how things were and after hearing such stories, you'd wished you had existed at that time.

When I look back in time and I remember what we enjoyed growing up, I just pity the children of now. They are growing at a time when everything is wrong and parenting is also a bad time now.

Too bad there seem to be no remedy as I believe the society is going to keep getting worse. So if you are able to train your child well in this era of mad society, dupe ti e!
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by ceejayluv(m): 11:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
Boybrano:
Go and investigate the lifestyle of Aba and Warri boys. Trust me, you will be too shocked to report.

Add Onitsha there...

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Airoflaw(m): 11:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
don't know what is wrong with parents of nowadays ohh.is its hard to train up a child?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by davidif: 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
bejeria101:

Not almost,they are imprisoned. Let me share dis with you,i have a friend funny enough his name is seun. You cld predict where he wld be,at home,church or basketball court. His dad was worried abt dis and thought his son was GAY! U can imagine,because he wasnt the party,noisy type.

Wait what?!?!
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by obataokenwa(m): 11:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
OP forgot to add that it's the headquarter of yahoo boys worldwide. I've stayed a little bit in Road 19, mennh, I learnt how to package and smuggle drug outside through different means. we were about six guys in same flat and we all browse and chat all day long looking for Maye. thank God today I'm a child of God doing legal business to make endsmeet. serving God pays.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Collins0609(m): 11:34pm On Nov 24, 2016
Even wit all d training ,we still have teenage parents,teenage prostitute,teenagers dating men 10xs their elders,lieing and deceit,waywardness,d inward believe to live and experience emotion and sexual lifes after their parents ensure they are ok financially and materially,what u are looking 4 is slaves to do ur biding without u paying back,y u satisfy ur crush,gals need more traing because they are out to frustrate men.even d big boys,they are selfish.even if men do all d domestic chores,u go still complain.hav u not seen hardworking females supporting their husband financially and physically.all u want are men helping u out domestically,but u wont help financially.do u know d number of easterners under apprentice 4 up to 8 years.y dont u exchange ur chores wit men.u carry bags of rice and move heavy equipment while men wash plates and clean d hus.i no blame una,i blame westernization that encourage men to do d work of female and not vice versa.if d woman come get money pass d man.u know what wil happen.i hope u wish ur brothers,d things u are wishing men
Pidgin2:

A Satellite community, I must add mostly Easterners live here. I'm not bashing any tribe, I am one myself but I can help but think something is wrong with their upbringing

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by davidif: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
obataokenwa:
OP forgot to add that it's the headquarter of yahoo boys worldwide. I've stayed a little bit in Road 19, mennh, I learnt how to package and smuggle drug outside through different means. we were about six guys in same flat and we all browse and chat all day long looking for Maye. thank God today I'm a child of God doing legal business to make endsmeet. serving God pays.

shocked shocked

Drugs as in weed or harder substance?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by maximus10: 11:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
Change yhur location
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by jimbson: 11:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
Fourwinds:
nonsense boys...dats y their fail Mathematics looking for teen pvssies...

And u english?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by obataokenwa(m): 11:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
davidif:

shocked shocked

Drugs as in weed or harder substance?
brother, all of the above. festac got everything u need. but now I've been transformed. Romans 12:2. My mind, my soul, body all belongs to God now.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Collins0609(m): 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
Apologise 4 wetin,woman wrapper.any easterner that grow up in d west is no easterner but a westerner.people that cant dpeak their mother tongue.make dhe go yansh down.d use of words to defend ur self is not d same as d use of force.gals can insult u wit reckless abandon and sleep wit ur friend or enemy to c u suffer.respect does not depend mn training alone.we have movie,peer groups and society.wch is more painful,been insulted by a teenager or having ur long lost classmates telling u how many times dey do and still doingur wife.op should train herself morrally,not allowing d society dat cannot change bend to dia will.
U hav not notice d bad boys and womanisers have easy access to ladies than d hardworking,kind and establish guys.women are d reason d society is like dis.she should try to educate,her fellow ladies and watch as men fall in line.b d good and nicr guy,and still watch as d things u work for ellude u
teemy:
the op herself is from that tribe and just stating the obvious. try not to see insult where there is none. just apologise to her and let's bone it. cheers

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Collins0609(m): 11:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Apologise 4 wetin,woman wrapper.any easterner that grow up in d west is no easterner but a westerner.people that cant speak their mother tongue.make she go yansh down.d use of words to defend ur self is not d same as d use of force.gals can insult u wit reckless abandon and sleep wit ur friend or enemy to c u suffer.respect does not depend on training alone.we have movie,peer groups and society.wch is more painful,been insulted by a teenager or having ur long lost classmates telling u how many times dey do and still doing ur wife.op should train herself morrally,not allowing d society dat cannot change bend to dia will.
U hav not notice d bad boys and womanisers have easy access to ladies than d hardworking,kind and establish guys.women are d reason d society is like dis.she should try to educate,her fellow ladies and watch as men fall in line.b d good and nice guy,and still watch as d things u work for elude u
teemy:
the op herself is from that tribe and just stating the obvious. try not to see insult where there is none. just apologise to her and let's bone it. cheers
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Fourwinds: 12:01am On Nov 25, 2016
jimbson:
And u english?
dats y they fail Mathematics looking for teen pvssies....

hope I'm English now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) / My Wife Says She’ll One Day Hand Our Three Kids To Their Real Father / My Wife Is Starving Me Of Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.