Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

My First Time In Lagos .. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My First Time In Lagos .. (670 Views)

Covenant University Conducts Home-Based Post UTME For The First Time / University Of Ilorin Joins ASUU Strike For The First Time In 20 Years / For The First Time In History,unilorin Produces 89 First Class Graduates In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Time In Lagos .. by seyoops4u: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
I woke up to the sound of Allah Arkba, from the loud speaker of a nearby mosque.....there's no light here. The 'I pass my neigbhour' generators from other houses were so noisy, I thought we are leaving close to a construction site.
Just outside the compound a man with a megaphone is shouting on top of voice and threatening my life with his sermon....... "Jesus is coming soon, repent now! or go to hell and burn for eternity".

And that was how I stayed awake all morning listening to both the loudspeaker from the mosque, the preacher outside my door and the generators..... its was a terrible morning. I got up at 8.am, took my bath, got dressed for the days activity.....its my second day in Lagos, I was invited for a job interview and I am feeling excited about it already.

My friend Oghenetejiri was kind enough to accommodate me for the next few days. I left the house with confidence, mumbled some prayers to myself and hit the street. The streets was crowded, everybody seemed angry, too harsh, too loud and too fast. At the bus-stop, the shouts of different conductors calling for passengers was enormous ...."Obalende, Obalende one last chance"...." Mile2, Mile 2, two lucky nyansh"....."Oyingbo, Oyingbo, enter with your change oh, no change oh".

The interview was at Ikoyi, I saw the bus Oghenetejiri told me to board. I took a peep inside the bus and realised there were very few occupants inside, many seats were yet to be taken, but I humped in anyway.

In this Lagos, it seems there are more people selling something on the streets than there are buyers.
It takes like two buses to get to somewhere, and five to come back. I am beginning not to like this place. People talk to you in Yoruba.

They don't care whether you understand or not. Conductors ask for money in Yoruba....."Owo da?" Passengers shout at you for not paying on time. They don't know that you don't understand Yoruba. They don't know that your mind is far far away. They don't care! An angry passenger was shouting at a conductor for her change......

(Passenger): "Conductor give me my change naw" (Conductor)......."Why u go give me N1000 for N50 moto? I no tell u say change no dey?" (Passenger)...."Abeg, give me my change joor, I dey come
down for next bustop oh"

The guy sitting next to me was staring at me as if I was an alien, I still don't know my offense.
Everywhere is dirty. Nobody apologizes for hitting you. You apologize and you get insulted. These people are not normal.

To be continued.....

Source: http://cliqtips..com.ng/2016/11/the-first-time-i-came-to-lagos-hilarious.html

1 Like

Re: My First Time In Lagos .. by Damibiz(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Is a no man's land...shee u de feel me
Re: My First Time In Lagos .. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
Re: My First Time In Lagos .. by seyoops4u: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Masterkolinks:
Thanks for u comment. At least a "." means a lot.
Re: My First Time In Lagos .. by seyoops4u: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Damibiz:
Is a no man's land...shee u de feel me

Thanks for d word... Come still coming
Re: My First Time In Lagos .. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
seyoops4u:
Thanks for u comment. At least a "." means a lot.

Just kontunu.. This story go make sense die!! :-

1 Like

Re: My First Time In Lagos .. by seyoops4u: 8:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
Masterkolinks:

Just kontunu.. This story go make sense die!! :-

Thanks man... I appreciate.
More coming through

(1) (Reply)

/ NUC 's Latest List Of Illegal Universities, 2016 / Are Professors Intimidated By Intelligent Students?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.