Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,127 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

Uber Drivers On A Vehicle Damaging Spree? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Uber Drivers On A Vehicle Damaging Spree? (617 Views)

How To Get Funds To Purchase A Vehicle For Uber Business / Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? / Uber Drivers Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uber Drivers On A Vehicle Damaging Spree? by africandollar: 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
I would like to bring to the attention of the public what I observe to be a deficiency in the Uber business model. Intending partner-drivers are screened with a 'psychometric' test whose answers you can be sure have already been exploited by the test takers by conniving with some of the Uber staff (don't quote me!). Now when these so called successful drivers get recruited by an unassuming partner they have no idea what they are in for, apart from beating the system and other vices common to these drivers they have an innate agenda to wreck the vehicles of the partners who hired them.

Personally I am on my second driver now and it has been tales of woe from one episode to the other, the usual tricks include (but not limited to) switching off the Uber driver app while picking up roadside passengers or passengers already in the driver's customer base, digging into the pot of cash collected from the Uber riders without informing the partner, giving excuses about fuel consumption while using the money meant for fuel for personal use, damaging part of the vehicle with the sole objective of profiting from the replacement and finally refusing to 'hustle' so that the partner does not profit too much off the driver's 'sweat'.

I had to fire the first driver who worked with me for less than one month when he resorted to the final act of making less than possible and you had to see the tears streaming down his eyes when I collected the car keys from him. Well, I am not running a charity organization not to mention that he was owing me almost N13,000 from the cash he used without my permission which I had to forfeit.

Fast forward to the the next Uber driver who drove into an intersection without waiting to check if there was an oncoming vehicle trying to beat the traffic lights! Well you might say I am being harsh since the guy checked to see that the traffic light was green before making the turn but a bonafide Lagosian (you are one if you have lived more than a year in Lagos) always knows to believe only what he sees since you can be sure some slowpoke is always trying to beat the traffic light.

Long story short the result of the collision is what I have attached.

Thankfully the vehicle was insured but insurance does not cover all the fees and filing a claim in Nigeria is a very major headache with many loopholes to cross before you can be given the go ahead to have it repaired.

Similar incidents has happened to two colleagues of mine who patronise Uber too. I am of the opinion that Uber should have a way of tracking the bad eggs in the driver-partner community and have them progressively blacklisted if they really care about the image of their brand. God forbid the driver had a passenger in the vehicle when this accident occurred because that would be a different case entirely, imagine having your arm and leg crushed after already paying an arm and a leg to ride in an Uber vehicle (pun intended)?!

Now my question fellow Nairalanders is that, should I (a) continue this Uber business after the car is repaired, (b) give it to a roadside taxi driver who are more skilled in this business but make less or (c) just sell off the car and moan my loss?

Re: Uber Drivers On A Vehicle Damaging Spree? by sehin79(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
maybe you would need to change your strategy,
more prayer and also give more power to the driver.
Re: Uber Drivers On A Vehicle Damaging Spree? by mercylicious234: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
Please someone tell me abt uber business.
I heard a lot of my colleagues are now doing it in Lagos.
Heard coys are now sacking their drivers and their logistic team cos its cheaper.

Nna, how does it run?

(1) (Reply)

Join Success Team Daily / Is This End Of MMM? See Latest Update On Nigeria / Read Hilarious Tweets As Another Money Doubling “NNN Nigeria” Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.