Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever (1375 Views)

Which Car Was Your First Car? / Man Shares His First Car Experience In 2002 / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by amliftedhigher: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2016
Good morning fellow Nairalanders. To day mark The one year of using my first car . Last year after due consultations from Chief Engineer Gazzuzz and Kingreign of the car I need as my first ride based on what I want, I settle for Rx300 2000 model. So far so good, the car have been moving without stressing me, low fuel consumption, few maintenance and repairs. So far I have spent 15k for coil, 18k for oil seal change, 20k for catalyst converter Kick starter 19k, steering pump 21k other minor expenses I have done. Many people who bought car the same time with me even corolla have spent more than 500000k. I thank kingreign and Gazzuzz who picks my calls any time I called them to ask them questions, they even use to speak to my mechanic to direct him on what to do. They will tell me to scan the car and tell them the code if any. They told me the oils to use, Toyota type 4 for AT and total quarz 9000/mobile 1 0w40 for the engine. My car drives smooth as new one and am even hitting the highway this morning and my cruise control is one million good am enjoying my Lexus. Thanks to everyone in Nairaland car sections. And may God give car to those who needs it In Jesus Christ name Amen

6 Likes

Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by eezeribe(m): 6:13am On Nov 25, 2016
Congrats... Where de pixs?
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by DEXTROVERT: 6:38am On Nov 25, 2016
Pls
Don't
Generalize
I have
Been
Using
My
Corolla sports, it will be
2yrs by Dec 19, 3wks time
Apart from low fuel consumption
I only changed
Brake pads, 5k each, front hub 9k each, brake disc 7k each....thats all, who ever spent 500k to maintain corolla, Bros u can lie

Congratulations
All
The
Way
God
Continue
To
Keep
Your
Car

2 Likes

Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by mejai(m): 7:54am On Nov 25, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
Pls
Don't
Generalize
I have
Been
Using
My
Corolla sports, it will be
2yrs by Dec 19, 3wks time
Apart from low fuel consumption
I only changed
Brake pads, 5k each, front hub 9k each, brake disc 7k each....thats all, who ever spent 500k to maintain corolla, Bros u can lie

Congratulations
All
The
Way
God
Continue
To
Keep
Your
Car
no just mind am. see d lists of items he has changed in one year. and u call it cheap maintenance? continue grin

OP compare ur lists and contrast ur lists with dis one above. koboko loading

4 Likes

Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by aieromon(m): 7:58am On Nov 25, 2016
amliftedhigher:
So far so good, the car have been moving without stressing me, low fuel consumption, few maintenance and repairs. So far I have spent 15k for coil, 18k for oil seal change, 20k for catalyst converter Kick starter 19k, steering pump 21k other minor expenses I have done.

One year and you have already replaced these parts?
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by pannyman(m): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2016
aieromon:

I am speechless ⚇
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2016
More than 500k to maintain a Toyota Corolla? Bros, take am easy with the lies na. Shuo! shocked

2 Likes

Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by YOLOHOMMIE(m): 8:29am On Nov 25, 2016
MsDelilah:
More than 500k to maintain a Toyota Corolla? Bros, take am easy with the lies na. Shuo! shocked

I been think say na only me notice am

#YOLO

1 Like

Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by Kjnwancaro: 8:44am On Nov 25, 2016
Op I think I get your point. For a luxury vehicle like yours the money spent isn't bad but is a bit on the high side compared to that boring 'Nigeria car' A.k.a corolla.
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by MIB1(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
amliftedhigher:
Good morning fellow Nairalanders. To day mark The one year of using my first car . Last year after due consultations from Chief Engineer Gazzuzz and Kingreign of the car I need as my first ride based on what I want, I settle for Rx300 2000 model. So far so good, the car have been moving without stressing me, low fuel consumption, few maintenance and repairs. So far I have spent 15k for coil, 18k for oil seal change, 20k for catalyst converter Kick starter 19k, steering pump 21k other minor expenses I have done. Many people who bought car the same time with me even corolla have spent more than 500000k. I thank kingreign and Gazzuzz who picks my calls any time I called them to ask them questions, they even use to speak to my mechanic to direct him on what to do. They will tell me to scan the car and tell them the code if any. They told me the oils to use, Toyota type 4 for AT and total quarz 9000/mobile 1 0w40 for the engine. My car drives smooth as new one and am even hitting the highway this morning and my cruise control is one million good am enjoying my Lexus. Thanks to everyone in Nairaland car sections. And may God give car to those who needs it In Jesus Christ name Amen

My Camry 2003 is almost two years and all I have changed is battery , and 2k to work on steering knuckle . besides regular oil changes nothing else has been worked , mind you that car is a daily driver that is what I call reliable . if u have changed so much in a year, I am afraid that car us far from reliable

3 Likes

Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by salvo583: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2016
Thats still on a high side to me. I use a nairaland tagged "problematic car" or "evil on 4wheels" and it will clock 2 years by June. Just 3 oil changes so far and 1 brakepads and cabin air filter replacement. For that car to hold up to that, i feel your lexus should flog 3 years without all those repairs you did.
Tho i can't say of the fuel consumption cos i see no huge savings from the V6 i used b4
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by pato405(m): 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
MIB1:

My Camry 2003 is almost two years and all I have changed is battery , and 2k to work on steering knuckle . besides regular oil changes nothing else has been worked , mind you that car is a daily driver that is what I call reliable . if u have changed so much in a year, I am afraid that car us far from reliable

Bros, I wonder o! Mine is a Ford Escape 05. 2 yrs & 6 months now. I have changed battery (14K), 2 tires, adjuster (9k), and 6 monthly service! That's all I have done so far. I would have liked to change the shocks though but no cash, but the shocks aint bad really, so I'm still using them It's been a very reliable car. I drive it daily. With all that expenses I think OP has spent quite much.
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by vani86: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
Mine is 2009 Camry, apart from a bad bearing and the center mirror falling off at a point. All I have done is change engine oil, a year and 3 month old
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by amliftedhigher: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2016
I would like to know someone who uses a luxury car like Lexus and Mercedes between 2000-2005 to tell us how much he has spent in one year?
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by tolulinks(m): 10:23am On Nov 26, 2016
Hmm op, this your post had me thinking about how much I have spent on my car too, which, just like yours is my first car and it's exactly a year 3 weeks ago ( I actually bought it on my birthday, Nov 3 2015. Apart from painting bumpers 20k, servicing, battery 15k, kick 9k, fan 5k, I haven't really had problems with it. Looking back God bless the man who sold it to me. It's a 2006 Honda Accord. AC too cost me quite a bit but it was down to the kazeem overcharging me for a small job.
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by idu1(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2016
aieromon:

it shock me too undecided
Re: My First Car Is One Year Today. To God Be The Glory Forever by tripoli007(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Use a Toyota corolla 04 LE been using it for 2yrs and 5mnths .. I am a very rough and crazy driver ..apart from hub ,shaft and regular oil change .. I haven't done any major work on the car..that your Lexus dey milk u ohh

(1) (Reply)

Call For Your Tokunbo Engines Or Any Spare Parts For Your Motor. / Help Camry 2003 Vibrations / New Mysterious Car Design 2018 Toyota Monster Kill It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.