Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,459 members, 7,958,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:34 PM

Facebook User Relates How He Was Robbed By Agents - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Facebook User Relates How He Was Robbed By Agents (546 Views)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! / Lady Beaten And Robbed By Taxify Driver In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook User Relates How He Was Robbed By Agents by DAVECENA(m): 9:56am On Nov 25, 2016
Whenever you have any dealings with Agents,Never deal in cash......

How i was Robbed of #470,000 Today
Today is the longest day of my life, after spending sleepless nights, toiling day and night to make ends meet, some guys somewhere thinks they can just sunken me in and rob me of my hard earned money.
It was around 8AM this morning that i called a house agent that showed me some houses yesterday at Okpanam road, after many deliberations i decided to pay for one.
I was asked by the house agent to meet them up at Avanti plaza close to city complex, on getting there the two agents said i should proceed with the payment, but then i demanded to see the house owner/lawyer in charge but then one of the agents insisted i'm in safe hands, that there is no need to see any lawyer to save time.
I was already blinded by the quality of the apartment, i just wanted to pay and have the right for occupancy, so i went ahead to make a transfer to the house owner account number in the bank.
While in the bank with the two agents, i brought a fund transfer form to make the transfer, but then again the agent insisted on cash, that transfer will waste time. (Damn me for obliging) i should have known better since i was a veteran banker for 6years!
Again i agreed to withdraw cash. We both entered same keke back to the agents office (avanti plaza). On getting there, i noticed the two agents maintained a suspicious distance on me, while i was walking slowly to the office waiting for them to catch up, two men on a motorcycle with their face covered zoomed on me, snatched my bag, and #470,000 became history!
At that point i thought all hope on recovering the money zoomed off with the men on bike, but then i got home, bathed and strategised. After due consultations, i went to "A" Division Asaba to make official entry of the incidence, quite frankly i was not expecting much from the Police, i wanted to just "report" the matter to fulfill all righteousness.
When i got to the police station around 2PM, I was shocked to be told by the police that the two agents have already come before hand to make complaint on my behalf, but to their (police) credit, they declined their complaint, insisting that the main victim of robbery is the only one who can make official report of the matter.
The fast move they made to save their ass became their biggest undoing, it became even more obvious that it was a criminal conspiracy to rob me off my hard earned money.
So the onus of the matter now lies on the question of how to arrest the co-conspirators ASAP. I deviced a means immediately, i called one of the agents that i am now ready to go with them to make the complaint, of-course they initially wanted us to go and become co-complainants to a case that they obviously are prime suspects.
Great they agreed to go to station with me, unknown to them i have already tabled my case before the NPF, justice was on my side. So as soon as we got to the station, the two agents were immediately detained.
Hope of recovering the money became obvious when their relatives came, seeing the whole glaring conspiracy, they had no choice but to go for out of court settlement, of-course with my money intact.
It was already about 7:30PM, so the matter was adjourned till tomorrow and meanwhile the suspects are currently in police cell.
I do hope the matter will be resolved ASAP with me having my stolen money back.
This is the longest day of my life having spent about 7hours in police station.
I will keep it posted as soon as i get justice. I need your prayers friends.

Re: Facebook User Relates How He Was Robbed By Agents by DAVECENA(m): 10:02am On Nov 25, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlacla

Re: Facebook User Relates How He Was Robbed By Agents by stefanweeks: 10:04am On Nov 25, 2016
chaai
Re: Facebook User Relates How He Was Robbed By Agents by franklynsunny(m): 11:56am On Nov 26, 2016
Damn tifs
I always make payments on bank deposit slip and collect receipt direct frm owner after occupyin d plc for 1week

That's like 8yr ago

Am sowi o

D owner of d apartment should also be arrested cos he knew dose agent to b tifs bfor allowin dem to show u his apartment
Re: Facebook User Relates How He Was Robbed By Agents by vchykp(m): 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
am sorry he fell into the wrong hands, its not about agents alone, anyone would have done same, lets just pray to God for wisdom to carry on in this wicked time we find ourselves in..

(1) (Reply)

Students Shutdown Community School In Benue Over Burial Of Class Mate (PIX) / 3 Soldiers, 2 Cops, An Airman, A Warder & Others Arrested Over Rape In IDP Camp / N5.1bn: I Was Forced To Lie Against Jonathan – Dudafa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.