Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Lets Talk About Badagry - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lets Talk About Badagry (892 Views)

Python Swallows Sallah Meat In Badagry And Was Caught 'Red Handed' (Photos) / See The Animal Caught By A Farmer In Badagry! / Big Turtle I Saw At Badagry Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Badagry by AyoMK: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2016
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm an architecture student, doing a hypothetical project in Badagry. One of the requirements for the project is to understand the impact my project will have on the town and the people of Badagry. However, I'm finding it hard to answer this question because I don't know much about the people who live in Badagry.

So I'm here just to learn more about Badgary, IF YOU LIVE OR LIVED OR KNOW ABOUT BADAGRY PLEASE HELP ME

Some questions, I would like to know what people generally do for work?
Do they work on the Island or Mainland or work and live in Badagry?
Do they rent or own their homes?
Like Abeokuta is known for its Adire , is Badagry known for anything?

If you have any stories or anything you want tell about Badagry PLEASE help me.

PLEASE...
Re: Lets Talk About Badagry by Taiwo20(m): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2016
AyoMK:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm an architecture student, doing a hypothetical project in Badagry. One of the requirements for the project is to understand the impact my project will have on the town and the people of Badagry. However, I'm finding it hard to answer this question because I don't know much about the people who live in Badagry.

So I'm here just to learn more about Badgary, IF YOU LIVE OR LIVED OR KNOW ABOUT BADAGRY PLEASE HELP ME

Some questions, I would like to know what people generally do for work?
Do they work on the Island or Mainland or work and live in Badagry?
Do they rent or own their homes?
Like Abeokuta is known for its Adire , is Badagry known for anything?

If you have any stories or anything you want tell about Badagry PLEASE help me.

PLEASE...

Some residentss work on the mainland and commute to and fro daily
There are government MDAs in badagry so people work here too...some even come from out of town
We've got Airforce, Naval bases and Military and Paramilitary barracks....
People own and rent houses
Badagry is known for coconut, fish, raffia(mat) etc.

we also have the borders.
Re: Lets Talk About Badagry by AyoMK: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
Thank You So Much Taiwo20.

Not sure if you might know this, but are people worried about the influence of the construction of the 'Badagry Port' on the Town?

Are people interested on the Slavery history of the town?
Re: Lets Talk About Badagry by dauddy97(m): 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
op,
I stay in badagry,
Along French village road presicely
Re: Lets Talk About Badagry by AyoMK: 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
Thank you dauddy97

Are people interested on the Slavery history of the town?

and are you concerned about what happens when the badagry port is built.
Re: Lets Talk About Badagry by rainlover(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
dauddy97:
op,
I stay in badagry,
Along French village road presicely
are u still in badagary?
Re: Lets Talk About Badagry by lifenajeje(m): 6:51am On Aug 30, 2021
Good morning op

Pls state all ur questions underneath so it get answered by people who reside or work in badagry ..

You are bringing up more questions from people's response ..

Let me answer the questions u have posted so far ..

People commute to the island/ mainland for work using road or ferry..

Some people also commute to Badagry using same means of transportation stated above to work in there.

Badagry got it's fair share of civil servants and professionals that go to work daily on Lagos island/ mainland same as Sango , Ibadan, Ijebu ode , Sagamu , Abeokuta, Ikorodu...

People visit the slave museum especially during holidays and weekends ..

The road might be a limiting factor for now but I know of individuals that have visited it more than once ...

Badagry is known for coconut and fishing plus it's infamous smuggling activities.

It's a boarder town with porous boarders due to corruption..

Smugglers use land and sea to smuggle contrabands into the country ...

Building of a port wouid sit well with the people as it wouid create employment
and business opportunitiess for the people .....

Badagry as a town with it's rich history lacks Federal government projects that make meaningful impact to the people ..

Badagry is blessed with good public schools ..I attended Badagry Grammar school as a boarder it was a mixed school with day and boarding students .

I don't know why the state government ddecided to make it a boarding school only ..

That decision does not sit well with with the inhabitants ....

It's a lovely place to spend the weekend if the road is in perfect condition ..I love whispering palms .
Re: Lets Talk About Badagry by dauddy97(m): 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
rainlover:
are u still in badagary?
yes

(1) (Reply)

Groom Forced To Wear Gown At His Wedding Because Of His Fiancée's Weigh / Magnus Carlsen The Chess Grand Master / I Hate Lalasticlala And All Nairaland Mods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.