Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,816 members, 7,841,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

2016 Admission Deadline : Will Schools Comply? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016 Admission Deadline : Will Schools Comply? (621 Views)

Will Schools Nationwide Resume On June 1st, 2020 / IPPIS Yet To Take Off At UNN, Lecturers Likely To Comply / ASUU Strike 2017 : LIST Of Universities Yet To Comply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Admission Deadline : Will Schools Comply? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2016
As announced by JAMB earlier this year, 2016 admission processes are expected to come to an end by November 30th, 2016.

Will institutions comply with this deadline? That's what we will soon find out.

We have observed in previous years that schools usually do not comply with these deadlines as many of them still continue releasing admission lists even after the deadline given by JAMB has elapsed.

If it were to be in previous years, we would have easily concluded that the deadline will not stand but since we now have a new JAMB Boss, we just can't say for sure how it will all turn out For many candidates who have not been offered admission this year, they would wish that the deadline be extended in the hopes that one way or the other they may still be considered for admission.

However, JAMB some time last week announced that it has received a go ahead to reduce the cut of marks of institutions that have exhausted their list of candidates with 180 and above but still have not admitted up to their allocated quota. This is to enable such institutions admit more candidates and meet their admission quota.

If this is to be implemented, it simply means that such institutions will be given more time to do that and that will possibly mean extension of the deadline. But again we cannot really say for sure. So for all candidates yet to be admitted, all hope is totally not lost yet as something favourable may still come ...

For those already thinking of purchasing next year's JAMB form, just hold on. The form is not out yet. We believe JAMB is waiting to get done with this year's admission processes first before announcing 2017 UTME This will save candidates from purchasing next year's JAMB form only to find out they have been admitted like it use to be in previous years.

Regardless, anytime JAMB decides to commence sales of next year's UTME form, be rest assured we will bring the notice and details to you first- hand.

What are your thoughts concerning all these? Share with us.
Re: 2016 Admission Deadline : Will Schools Comply? by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
Re: 2016 Admission Deadline : Will Schools Comply? by akaahs(m): 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
Pls help me, addmission status shows that i wasn't given addmission but on checking print addmission, i discovered my name nd details appear nd i havent made the payments. Do u guys have notice that nd do u suggest i should made the payments to confirm?
Re: 2016 Admission Deadline : Will Schools Comply? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
i dont think so,,,using OAU as a case study..the school has nt release her merit list

(1) (Reply)

JAMB 2017 General Discussion / Cool Biz For Students- Only Refundable 1k To Start / Latest Updates On Jamb 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.