Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,883 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net (38970 Views)

9 Authors Who Regret Getting Famous / Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Legalbeing(m): 8:49am On Nov 26, 2016
Wait a minute why the ban on Animal farm. Bubu kind of leaders are really at work..

1 Like

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by TomHagen: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2016
Btruth:
"Godfather" by Mario Puzo too should be banned.

grin
How dare you?
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:51am On Nov 26, 2016
Smallville10:
I never read anyone... Lalasticlala oya come work
Really?
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Omudia11: 8:55am On Nov 26, 2016
Jews do not detest anyone. On the contrary your Muslim brethren are the ones filled with hate towards jews and want them exterminated from the surface of the earth. There are numerous videos on YouTube of Arab muslims, imams and kids praying and calling for the extermination of jews. Yet you accuse the jews of hate? Do you know that most middle eastern countries and golf states will not grant you visa if you've ever been to israel?

Yes, jews are more successful in all ramifications. They have also won more noble prices than the whole of the Arab world and muslims world over.
VomeSchakleton:

Mein Kampf, (if you dont know what that is google it) is one of the most successful books in history.

Its unfortunate you think the way you do, i do not detest jews, i have been known to have an unusual attraction to jewish maidens. However, jews mostly detest everyone, they feel they are the chosen people and superior to everyone else.

By muslims all over the world you mean even with countries like Qatar, Saudi, Malaysia and UAE yeah? whats your criteria for success?
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Omudia11: 8:56am On Nov 26, 2016
You must be very daft. I won't reply you any further.
kabrud:

Quiet! Go and read from d beginning and tell me who dragged religion into it.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 26, 2016
ReubenE:
This thread has been derailed.
Nigerians and religion itself is something to study.
We are first human beings before our different believes about human existence. I still don't get why people fight, and some even kill others(factory grade stupidity) because of their believes in the supernatural.

The same gods we use our hands to kill for, we go to them in prayers for protection. I think this is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in my life.
....a mere mortal fighting and killing for an Almighty
same here my brother, if this argument was to be face to face be rest assured that daggers would have been piercing stomachs by now, smh

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Edwinmason(m): 8:57am On Nov 26, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

What about the "Bible fraud" written by Tony Bushby. The Catholic had to beg him to halt the sales of the book. Catholic bought all the remaining copies of that book. If you read the bible fraud you will hate your religion of deceit called 'christianity'.
pls sir dnt get me wrong am not insulting anyone religion ok...have not come across that book you said and if i had opportunity i would read...,the people vs muhammed was one among the books banned by some country that is why i mention it there nt because i hate islam or anyone religion okay

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 26, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
The number of poor and troubled Islamic nations is more than the rich ones e.g Syria, Pakistan, Libya, Lebanon, Jordan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Somalia, Sudan etc. All this nation's are always hit by terrorism and sectarian violence.
What about CAF, congo, rwanda malawi moldova bolivia paraguay south sudan etc? The muslims arent responsible for causing the two world wars now are we?

Even the successful ones are only that because of oil. Their infrastructural development was engineered by the Western Nations cos they cant do anything thing on their own due to low IQ. Take away oil and the whole middle east will return to its desert status.
Dont speak of IQ small fry, when someone says iq is linked to race i say hes misguided, but when one links IQ to religion i say he's ret.ard.ed!

When things like modern medicine and even algebra were invented by muslims you dare accuse muslims of low IQ? You as a christian how has that added to your iq? believing some im.becile can predict your future or even heal you? You're deeply entrenched in the confusion of selection bias.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by kabrud: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2016
2dugged:
hehehehe, you are back,i hope you will be civil this time and not show your savage nature, rules were made on this forum to inculcate sanity into people just like jail and the loony den,so don't take it personal, I am only being civil by using the rules it's not my fault that you are not civilized enough to stick to rules , tongue well as for your offer, i only use it for my face and eat it,if that is what you mean,I still patronise the abokis in my areas for it, you really should read up the benefits of the fruit grin

Hahahahahahahahaha. I'm back and fyi it is the jobless ones like u who take nl as a job dat are scared of getting banned. I just logged in only to discover dat I can post. U know what that means. Hahahahha grin grin. I logged in only to see ur fellow flat head in my mention apologising for coming to ur aid cos u have been "civil" all along. I put it to u again that if u can stand d brute, u have no reason to start crying to d mod. Everyone has d rule 2 button but most of us don't give a damn about it cos reporting to d mod is nothing but a sign of serious pain. Operating an alternate handle shows nothing but joblessness. Go and get a job and stop jumping from one thread to the other on different handles insulting boys/men on one hand and seeking favour on the other. Good ladies are on this forum and from their posts, such can be deduced. Even writing in simple correct English is a problem. Infact, I'm tired of correction cos I'm not to teach basic English here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
Jews do not detest anyone. On the contrary your Muslim brethren are the ones filled with hate towards jews and want them exterminated from the surface of the earth. There are numerous videos on YouTube of Arab muslims, imams and kids praying and calling for the extermination of jews. Yet you accuse the jews of hate? Do you know that most middle eastern countries and golf states will not grant you visa if you've ever been to israel?
when people hate who what else can you do? they pray for jews to be exterminated because jews are actually exterminating muslim children and women unjustly. Jews hate everyone and if you dont know this im afraid you're naivety is on another level.

Yes, jews are more successful in all ramifications. They have also won more noble prices than the whole of the Arab world and muslims world over
Speaking of the mein kampf, do you know who else won a nobel prize? Hitler. Stalin too and other monsters. If nobel prizes are your criteria for judging the success of a nation you are deluded.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by alBHAGDADI: 9:01am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Again another lie. can you please explain where you got this lie about 72 virgins from?

(QURAN 44:51-55): "Verily! The righteous will be in Paradise. Among Gardens and Springs; Dressed in fine silk and also in thick silk, facing each other, and We shall marry them to Houris with wide, lovely eyes."

(QURAN 52: 17-20): "Verily, for those who fear Allah there will be Gardens in Paradise, filled with Delight. Enjoying in that which their Lord has bestowed on them, and the fact that their Lord saved them from the torment of the blazing Fire. The Lord will say: ‘Eat and drink with happiness because of what you used to do’. They will recline with ease on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Houris with wide lovely eyes."

(QURAN 55:54-59): "Reclining upon the couches lined with silk brocade, and the fruits of the Gardens will be near at hand. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Wherein will be those houris, restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? In beauty they are like rubies and coral. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?"

(QURAN 55:70-77): "Therein gardens will be fair wives good and beautiful; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Houris restrained in pavilions; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Whom no man has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Reclining on green cushions and rich beautiful mattresses. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?

Islam makes it clear that heaven will be a sex paradise... shakitibobo! grin

VomeSchakleton:

please refer to my topic on the popular christian misconceptions about islam. I feel you will benefit greatly. The prophet was not killed by Aisha rather a poison that killed people years prior to him yet by the will of God he lived longer. He is only a human afterall, just like jesus who was bloodied and cried, just like moses who was once a helpless baby and just like every other prophet before him.
yahshua came to this world to die for our sins. He fulfilled it by getting killed.
Moses cried as a baby when he was in a basket placed o. the river Nile. How does that equate to weakness?

But Mohammad, a false prophet died of food poisoning, a thing any real prophet would have detected. His famous angel jibril couldn't reveal it to him, yet he claimed angel jibril was able to reveal the terror manual called Quran.

What a false prophet. Heat be unto him. (hbuh)
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by ReubenE(m): 9:04am On Nov 26, 2016
2dugged:
hehehehe, you are back,i hope you will be civil this time and not show your savage nature, rules were made on this forum to inculcate sanity into people just like jail and the loony den,so don't take it personal, I am only being civil by using the rules it's not my fault that you are not civilized enough to stick to rules , tongue well as for your offer, i only use it for my face and eat it,if that is what you mean,I still patronise the abokis in my area for it, you really should read up the benefits of the fruit grin

Modified: why is ab0ki censored to northerner? undecided
I must commend you for your high sense of civility. Addressing issues the way they are, knowing when emotions give way to reason.
It is a common practice to throw insults here on Nairaland when responding to issues, U didn't do that.
Keep it up. Thank u
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by kabrud: 9:08am On Nov 26, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
The versions are simply what they are- versions. The original exists and exists in the original languages they were written in. The old testament was written in Hebrew, while the New Testament was written in Greek. Their combination is called the SEPTUAGINT, which is the original and out of which several translated came.

The several versions you see today were translated from the SEPTUAGINT e.g King James version, new translation etc. It is similar to translating it into different languages. Anyone can do it. And if you find any part of the versions questionable, you are to refer to the SEPTUAGINT.

So, tell your Al taquiya imams, whenever they want to lie that the Bible is fake, that the boriginal exists and it is called the Holy SEPTUAGINT.

But the big question is: why does it exist in versions? Why do I have to go and start searching for SEPTUAGINT when it should be handy in all respect?
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 26, 2016
alBHAGDADI:

(QURAN 44:51-55): "Verily! The righteous will be in Paradise. Among Gardens and Springs; Dressed in fine silk and also in thick silk, facing each other, and We shall marry them to Houris with wide, lovely eyes."

(QURAN 52: 17-20): "Verily, for those who fear Allah there will be Gardens in Paradise, filled with Delight. Enjoying in that which their Lord has bestowed on them, and the fact that their Lord saved them from the torment of the blazing Fire. The Lord will say: ‘Eat and drink with happiness because of what you used to do’. They will recline with ease on thrones arranged in ranks. And We shall marry them to Houris with wide lovely eyes."

(QURAN 55:54-59): "Reclining upon the couches lined with silk brocade, and the fruits of the Gardens will be near at hand. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Wherein will be those houris, restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? In beauty they are like rubies and coral. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?"

(QURAN 55:70-77): "Therein gardens will be fair wives good and beautiful; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Houris restrained in pavilions; Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Whom no man has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse before. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny? Reclining on green cushions and rich beautiful mattresses. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you deny?

Islam makes it clear that heaven will be a sex paradise... shakitibobo! grin
Yet no mention of 72 virgins? yes ofcourse there will be houris but our partners in this life will be even more beautiful.

Why yes of course there is sex in heaven. Dude its called heaven not choir. I hear you lot will be singing with trumpets for eternity yeah? gee! your cheeks....

yahshua came to this world to die for our sins. He fulfilled it by getting killed.
Moses cried as a baby when he was in a basket placed o. the river Nile. How does that equate to weakness?

But Mohammad, a false prophet died of food poisoning, a thing any real prophet would have detected. His famous angel jibril couldn't reveal it to him, yet he claimed angel jibril was able to reveal the terror manual called Quran.

What a false prophet. Heat be unto him. (hbuh)
It is weakness when you equate him to God all mighty the eternal and all knowing! Again, say jesus died for your sins again, this time think before you speak and see how stuupid you sound. god came to earth to die so he can forgive your sins? looool! i cant even........

Again, Muhammad was not God, he was not all knowing, nor did he ever claim to be. he was a human like you and i, a very exalted human. Just like jesus and his great grand father abraham. Jesus knew judas was betraying him, did he do anything to stop it? he accepted his destiny, just like muhammad did.

He accepted his destiny and ate the poison still and before he died his daughter cried but he told her something that made her smile. He told her that she would be the first of his family to join him and so it was.

1 Like

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Btruth: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2016
TomHagen:
How dare you?
lol....

Tom Hagen beware. Remember how Sollonzo treated you after the death of Luca? Please, don't call for another war now.

grin
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:13am On Nov 26, 2016
Edwinmason:
pls sir dnt get me wrong am not insulting anyone religion ok...have not come across that book you said and if i had opportunity i would read...,the people vs muhammed was one among the books banned by some country that is why i mention it there nt because i hate islam or anyone religion okay
Ok Sir, we learn everyday. check about the book on the Internet or search for Tony bushby.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Edwinmason(m): 9:15am On Nov 26, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Ok Sir, we learn everyday. check about the book on the Internet or search for Tony bushby.
alright thanks 4 ur undastanding.....will try and get that book
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Alajiki(m): 9:15am On Nov 26, 2016
erusen:
actually you are the dumb one here,do you even know the meaning of cousins

I am willing to enlighten you here with practical example. I have a 59-year-old cousin and I am 28 presently. 25 years ago, I was just 3 years old while my cousin was 34. Now tell me, did the fact that my cousin was an adult of 34 years then make me (a 3-year-old!) also an adult?

I assume you're still in nursery school because even a basic 3 pupil should be able to discern this.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 26, 2016
kabrud:

Hahahahahahahahaha. I'm back and fyi it is the jobless ones like u who take nl as a job dat are scared of getting banned. I just logged in only to discover dat I can post. U know what that means. Hahahahha grin grin. I logged in only to see ur fellow flat head in my mention apologising for coming to ur aid cos u have been "civil" all along. I put it to u again that if u can stand d brute, u have no reason to start crying to d mod. Everyone has d rule 2 button but most of us don't give a damn about it cos reporting to d mod is nothing but a sign of serious pain. Operating an alternate handle shows nothing but joblessness. Go and get a job and stop jumping from one thread to the other on different handles insulting boys/men on one hand and seeking favour on the other. Good ladies are on this forum and from their posts, such can be deduced. Even writing in simple correct English is a problem. Infact, I'm tired of correction cos I'm not to teach basic English here.
hehehehe, first grouping south south and South East is an ignorant statement, I am not a flat head,i hope that has cured your ignorance undecided and secondly, there is a difference between a civilized and a savage we don't reason alike,if everyone was to tow that path of reasoning there would be no need for jail and loony den , and another ignorance you need to cure is that i am not jobless,why do you even think that way? undecided,and you mentioned different handles, I dare you to name the moniker,and did you say favors?, hehehehe , it's not all about talking trash and baseless assumptions, it doesn't portray you in a good light, and lastly i am more like a perceived enemy to you, so I don't expect you to see me as a good person, afterall from your first comment on this thread, it can be deduced the kind of Muslim you are and how you view non-muslims, so it's not surprising grin

1 Like

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 26, 2016
gameboyo:

Copy cat angry grin angry grin grin
Book for fools and terrorist

Okay.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by HonAdeoye(m): 9:19am On Nov 26, 2016
Edwinmason:
what about "the people vs muhammed" the book all muslims are scared of reading

I can see how brainwashed and religious sentiment you are. You have no point. Psychologically, I can see that is what they programme into your brain that you are gabaging out. I know where you are coming from.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by folasayolyn(f): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2016
Alice in wonderland, davinci code, animal farm, black beauty. who would ban black beauty
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Omudia11: 9:23am On Nov 26, 2016
Nigga... You must be really psychotic. Give me one link of jews killing muslims and I will give you a hundred of muslims and Arabs killing jews.

VomeSchakleton:

when people hate who what else can you do? they pray for jews to be exterminated because jews are actually exterminating muslim children and women unjustly. Jews hate everyone and if you dont know this im afraid you're naivety is on another level.

Read and comprehend, noble prizes are also a criteria. Not the only criteria. Google is your friend. The only thing Arabs have in life is oil, nothing else. Jews dwarf Arabs and muslims in every ramification of life. Get lost! I wont read or reply you again!
Speaking of the mein kampf, do you know who else won a nobel prize? Hitler. Stalin too and other monsters. If nobel prizes are your criteria for judging the success of a nation you are deluded.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Kxke(m): 9:24am On Nov 26, 2016
The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene should also be banned....the book is damn pervasive-if there is any word like that.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2016
The Israelis are a special breed, fucki..ng rich and intelligent.

Even as a Christian I still have to attest to the fact that they consider themselves more superior to every other being. Would you blame them? They have it all

1 Like

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by TomHagen: 9:27am On Nov 26, 2016
Btruth:
lol....

Tom Hagen beware. Remember how Sollonzo treated you after the death of Luca? Please, don't call for another war now.

grin
Well he got a bullet for his troubles. There will be no more wars. The Family Corleone rules.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by arabianights: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2016
Edwinmason:
what about "the people vs muhammed" the book all muslims are scared of reading
MUSLIMS FEAR NOTHING.THE WORST ENEMY TO HAVE IS ONE WHO DOES NT FEAR EVEN DEATH AS U HAVE NOTHING TO USE AND CONTROL THEM.WHY THE HELL THEN WLD A BOOK BE A PROBLEM?I PERSONALLY HAVE NT SEEN THE BOOK AND IF IT EXISTS THEN WH6 TLD U ALL MUSLIMS FEAR TO READ IT?CAN U PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE AND STATISTICS?
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by alorax2(f): 9:31am On Nov 26, 2016
@op i rrad all the books and love them. Animal farm was my lit. In eng. In secondary school. Not only davinci code brought controversy but angels and demons too. Will not hesitate to read them agaib
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by erusen: 9:33am On Nov 26, 2016
Alajiki:

I am willing to enlighten you here with practical example. I have a 59-year-old cousin and I am 28 presently. 25 years ago, I was just 3 years old while my cousin was 34. Now tell me, did the fact that my cousin was an adult of 34 years then make me (a 3-year-old!) also an adult?

I assume you're still in nursery school because even a basic 3 pupil should be able to discern this.
Elizabeth was already in menopause(58_above)when Mary visited her and u Muslims are saying she was a teenager,keep deluding your seft
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
Nigga... You must be really psychotic. Give me one link of jews killing muslims and I will give you a hundred of muslims and Arabs killing jews.
I thought only arabs killed jews? If they would just give the palestinians an independent state, would they still clash?

Read and comprehend, noble prizes are also a criteria. Not the only criteria. Google is your friend. The only thing Arabs have in life is oil, nothing else. Jews dwarf Arabs and muslims in every ramification of life. Get lost! I wont read or reply you again!
First of all i saw this before and dismissed it as a typo but its called a "nobel" prize, not "noble"

Also, that is the only criteria you gave and i assured you that it is not the most fair criteria. Google is my friend, but the question is do you know that? Can you give me any such valid "ramifications"? Apart from the porn industry they dominate of course.

I wont be surprised if you dont reply, feeble minds like yours are always afraid of intellectual interactions. I'm sure you're already getting migraines!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.