Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) (24798 Views)

Ondo Pupils Invent Machine, Win Trophy In Turkey / BSU Protest: Benue Students Claim 'snake' Swallowed Their School Fees / Benue: Students Protest Over Non Payment Of Bursary Allowance (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by zoba88: 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
THE YOUNG BENUE INVENTORS...

Benue State is the Food Basket of the Nation, a Basket of Opportunities. To buttress that fact, two students of Benue origin schooling in the state recently invented a device for irrigation of food crops and other plants.

The two young men are Joseph Orya of Mount Saint Gabriels Secondary School, Makurdi and Joshua Ichor of Christ Apostolic Secondary School, Makurdi.

Coordinated by the Benue Innovators Academy, the students participated in the National Children's Arts, Science And Technology Exhibition, EXPO 2016 where they picked the silver medal.

Happily, the Benue State Government under Governor Samuel Ortom has risen in support of the project with a promise to assist the young inventors to develop the irrigation device and make it available for farmers. Governor Ortom stated this when he hosted the students at the Benue Peoples House.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/2-secondary-school-students-in-benue.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by babatundenaija(m): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
Nice oñe
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Vision4God: 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
Beautiful and intelligent.
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Khd95(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2016
I came to check names,but benue pple are not on our watch listsad

nice one tho,NCA hopes the duos get the neccessary support nd growth they deserve

18 Likes

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
Nice concept, we will get there some day

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Okundaye4(m): 11:38am On Dec 02, 2016
Thumb up

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Invention its actually a strong word to describe what I saw.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by jaymejate: 11:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Come my community memorial school, we build the world and we nor de pay much

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by bobcharly(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2016
BREAKING NEWS! a new feather has been added to my prestigious cap, it is my BIRTHDAY FAM. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. thanks to nairaland for the mail.

6 Likes

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by saintkash(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2016
better days ahead boys.... let's all be creative in whatever we choose to do...
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Davash222(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2016
jaymejate:
Come my community memorial school, we build the world and we nor de pay much
Let us see!!
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by abdul4new(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2016
kids with bright future but unfortunately find themselves in Nigerian state with no plan for future generations ......what a pity....

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Yomit71(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2016
tank God its not IPOB, they will keep acting as if God dey their side now
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Abuchiski14: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2016
Nice
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by derolemode(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2016
No explanation to how it works and its improvement to the former

2 Likes

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by nababa40(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2016
We go hear you

1 Share

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Yomit71(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2016
Yoruba the head Hausa next to Yoruba IPOB is d tail ;DYoruba the head Hausa next to Yoruba IPOB is d tail

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by fkdmods: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2016
woodcook:
Invention its actually a strong word to describe what I saw.

I often laugh at the bismal way Nigerians use English. Majority of their utterances are either hyperboles or flat out lies. One of the main reasons for this is that they are easily dazzled. Small thing can trip them i swear. Lol.

13 Likes

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 11:51am On Dec 02, 2016
Nice one wink

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by appliedscience(m): 11:53am On Dec 02, 2016
derolemode:
No explanation to how it works and its improvement to the former
Abi ooo. Chai. Africans! All we r interested in is to blow tumpet. To mke news headlines.

2 Likes

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by BizBloke(m): 11:55am On Dec 02, 2016
Cool one! cool
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by MrImole: 11:56am On Dec 02, 2016
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2016
Seriously angry angry angry
I never knew getting a tank over head a farm land and flooding it with water could ever termed an invention .

1 Like

Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by mployer(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Is that meant for growing flowers or actual mechanized farming
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by alatbaba1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
Good
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by Daniel058(m): 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
RAINgun and sprinkler is all I know.. Whenever I'm ready I call Mr Saliubello.

The guy is trustworthy... I urge everyone in need of sprinkler or raingun to patronize the guy, early this year I bought two sprinklers from him and received them at peace park Abakaliki.. He stay in Ogun State...
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by DozieInc(m): 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
Good.
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by JesusmyGod1: 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
useless invention

show of shame

dull kids
Re: Benue Students Invent Device For Irrigation Of Food Crops (Photos) by ItsawrapOutfit: 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
We are getting there...go guys

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC / Doctor Jonathan Chukwunonso Manulu, ABU College Of Medicine Best Graduate / UNIZIK 2015/2016 Undergraduate Admission Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.