Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands (1101 Views)

FG Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Declares / 7 Reasons Why FG Is Moving To Re-arrest Nnamdi Kanu / OSHIOMHOLE: FG Must Not Submit To Blackmail Of Niger Delta Avengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by capatainrambo: 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
we live in a funny country.
some days back I read a piece on front page
about FG stance on the demands of assu
the FG said she will not listen to ASUU because the country is in recession.

meanwhile in this same recession Adams oshiomole and his state house of assembly passed into law a bill granting governors and their deputies 200m an 100m naira respectively to build their own houses.

how is it that that demands that are made to better the life of the average man in nigeria are discarded only for some ridiculous ones made by political public servants like GoVs and deputies are implemented

to think this ugly nonsense emanated from an apc state. a party that promised Nigerians change makes the whole issue bizarre
why hasn't buhari condemned such excesses from these people since we re in a recession eh?

the demands of assu should be granted. because the money is there. But I think some people wants to divert this money to thier pockets and use them to build houses of 200m naira nonsense

seun
lalasticlala firefire, henrydadon, naijamutant, okosodo
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by khadaffi(m): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
ASUU is another corrupt organisation and their demands does not better the life of an average nigerian in anyway. I will even support if the government start working on ways to scrap most of these corrupt unions.
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by NaijaMutant(f): 10:41pm On Nov 25, 2016
Ok
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by capatainrambo: 5:34am On Nov 26, 2016
khadaffi:
ASUU is another corrupt organisation and their demands does not better the life of an average nigerian in anyway. I will even support if the government start working on ways to scrap most of these corrupt unions.
do yoi even know what the demands of assu are?
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by Sibrah: 5:36am On Nov 26, 2016
Anything to pull down the govt. If they like let them strike, FG simply can't fund them right now.
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by tollyboy5(m): 6:23am On Nov 26, 2016
it would be making sense if federal government fund ASUU and monitor the way money is been spent because our educational system is actually deteriorating and our greedy governors don't know how important education is to a developing nation so they prefer increasing school fees to fund state budget this that know the value of education are gone even so-called brf never suffered to go to school that why he does not care if poor people cant afford education
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by babyfaceafrica: 6:45am On Nov 26, 2016
The OP must surely be a lecturer or related to one.FG should only accede to ASUU demands when:

1.lecturers stop sleeping with students.

2.When lecturers stop compelling students to buy
handouts.

3.When lecturers stop collects money for marks.

4.When Phd students are not delayed unecessarily more than 4 to 5 years.
5.when lecturers stop saying A is for God and B is for holy spirit

1 Like

Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by khadaffi(m): 7:58am On Nov 26, 2016
capatainrambo:
do yoi even know what the demands of assu are?

Forget about those fine tuned rubbish they bring to the media. There is usually something more to what we read in the papers about ASUU. The struggle is usually about more money to the members.
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by capatainrambo: 1:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
The OP must surely be a lecturer or related to one.FG should only accede to ASUU demands when:

1.lecturers stop sleeping with students.

2.When lecturers stop compelling students to buy
handouts.

3.When lecturers stop collects money for marks.

4.When Phd students are not delayed unecessarily more than 4 to 5 years.
5.when lecturers stop saying A is for God and B is for holy spirit
you re offtrack it's not about lecturers it's about we students. I see no reason y they can't fund eduction, yet they fund irrelevant things
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by capatainrambo: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
khadaffi:

Forget about those fine tuned rubbish they bring to the media. There is usually something more to what we read in the papers about ASUU. The struggle is usually about more money to the members.
let the govt fund education and monitor it.

education is very important. you should know this
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by babyfaceafrica: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
capatainrambo:
you re offtrack it's not about lecturers it's about we students. I see no reason y they can't fund eduction, yet they fund irrelevant things
you are overtrack.....what have they done with the little money given..nothing!!!...even a VC is in court over fraud claims
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by capatainrambo: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
what have they done with the little money given..nothing!!!...
which money?
Re: Why FG Must Grant Assu Its Demands by khadaffi(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
capatainrambo:
let the govt fund education and monitor it.

education is very important. you should know this

Pls spare me this. From what we read here https://www.thecable.ng/fg-ASUU-demanding-n284bn-nobody-will-pay-recession
you can see the main issue is here
"He added that the demand for the payment of
earned allowances was the only issue that had
not been resolved."

Everything in ASUU struggle is allowance. No one is saying they don't deserve it but when a struggle is becoming unreasonable they should be told. Now let me ask you a question. Would you school in sambisa forest today if you heard a nice school with up to date equipment is located there? The moral here is that without security no one will be talking about education and the men who are suppose to give this security are they comfortable? Yet I've never heard them going on strike.

(1) (Reply)

Another Promise Cancelled : Promise Of 200,000 Jobs On December 1 / Have You Ever Seen A Poor Igbo Muslim? / EFCC Invites Man Who Is In A Dilemma Over MMM And Yahoo Yahoo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.