Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis (11397 Views)

Alleged N8bn Fraud: Ex-skye Bank Chair, Ayeni, Granted Controversial Bail / Don't Panic, Your Money Is Intact- CBN Assures All Ex-skye Bank Customers / EFCC: Billionaire Businessman, Tunde Ayeni Regain Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by shaiba(f): 6:12am On Nov 26, 2016
Agents of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have arrested and detained Tunde Ayeni, a former chairman of Skye Bank, over allegations that he bribed a former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Bala Mohammed, to acquire 54 plots of land in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

Two EFCC sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Ayeni was arrested yesterday and has remained in detention because he was initially uncooperative.

One of our sources added that Mr. Ayeni is also being investigated for playing roles in several other deals involving former First Lady Patience Jonathan and a former head of state, Abubakar Abdulsalam, who co-owns a telecommunications company with the former banking executive.

Our sources disclosed that Mr. Ayeni was still undergoing interrogation and may remain in detention as investigators work hard to unearth his many deals.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/25/efcc-detains-former-skye-bank-chairman-tunde-ayeni-over-n1bn-bribe-ex-fct-minister

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Jaideyone(m): 6:50am On Nov 26, 2016
good
we need to complete the clean up of the judiciary
we need convictions

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by GossipHeart(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2016

Waste of time and energy

Just watch how they will let him go

I support stealing all the money you can steal, we have been fuccked over
Buhari had only 3 million naira in his bank account but somehow he managed to buy an APC membership form for 900 million naira
Amaechi spent 600 million naira campaigning for Buhari
Okorocha spent more than 900 million naira campaigning for Buhari
Where in the hell did they get that money from
I need people who will milk this country dry make we go rest
Nnamdi Kalu who never stole any money is drinking garri in prison who people like Amaechi, Obasanjo, Okorocha, Dasuki who stole billions and billions of dollars are in Aso Rock drinking Orijin and eating Amala and Ewedu with Buhari

Just mention anyone who have been arrested for corruption, charged to court and sentenced to just one day in prison in this Buhari government

Buhari is a big joke and a noise maker

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by sammyj: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2016
In as much as I support fight against corruption I also believe this media trial by the EFCC should end. They should rather focuse their attention in prosecuting this alleged criminals and hope this trial will go on since the former military head of state has been fingered in one of the cases Ayeni is being detained for. Anyways we are watching in 8D angry

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Silverstars: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by ednut1(m): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2016
corruption is our way of life. smh

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by richidinho(m): 7:26am On Nov 26, 2016
Sahara Reporters
Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by phlio666(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2016
na thunder go fire all of dem join efcc
Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Millz404(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2016
Black people.... Sometimes i wonder if there are the devil trying to show he can create too

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by GOFRONT(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2016
That's y there's hunger in d land na....

When I talk, som pple wil ask me "Were u there wen the money waz given to him"??
"Every News u read online u beleive"

Then I say....Every News dat has to do with anyone that misappropriate our money, wen I see the News, I wil beleive immediately....Bcoz there z no Smoke witout fire....These people ar d cause of hardship we are Chantin about. I don't think is the cause of d president himself.

Just to BRIBE Alone is 1Billion....Think of how much he must hav diverted and kept in his acct both home and abroad, both Naira and dollars,.....think of how much he wil develop those Plots of land...

One thing av realized is that Nigeria's breastmilk wil neva get dried up....Only the few Elites who are able to make make their way to the tip wil continue to Cling unto it, suckle it, even wen they get fed up they suckle into their reserves for their future generations,They dnt care if u and I hav somthing to suckle or Not...And if u dnt suck, u starve....The resultant effect is d hardship and recession we ar cryin about now

U will understand d wayz of our politicians if u understand the rubbish I typed here!!!

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Maxikingz: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2016
Another yam eater.although there is recession, but buhari govt has exposed a lot of things. Am surprise.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Maxikingz: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2016
Another yam eater.although there is recession, but buhari govt has exposed a lot of things. Am surprise. cool kiss

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2016
Great....

All the local banks CEO must be investigated... From alphabet a - z. Useless banks.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by 234GT(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2016
Top bankers will keep mismanaging banks' funds and the junior officers will keep suffering retrenchments.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by iyobs7(f): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2016
It isn't about the bribe to fct ex-minister... it is all about Patience Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by NaLaugh: 7:29am On Nov 26, 2016
Naija
Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
Remember in 2014 that this same Tunde Ayeni donated a whopping 2 billion naira to GEJ's campaign? Then I wondered how Tunde who isn't a highly ranked billionaire in Nigeria could donate so much.

Now it's clear he only 'donated' monies laundered by PEJ and some people will still ask why there are no monies in the economy.

GEJ is the king of corruption

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
GossipHeart:

Buhari had only 3 million naira in his bank account but somehow he managed to buy an APC membership form for 900 million naira
900 million membership form? Why not 900 billion dollars?

Typical IPOB yoot-born and daily fed with lies and propaganda.

13 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by GossipHeart(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
iyobs7:
It isn't about the bribe to fct ex-minister... it is all about Patience Jonathan

Tunde Ayeni is a saint while patience Jonathan is a big thief

Afonja

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by megamank(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2016
who say buhari is not working? the only problem nigeria had since inception of democracy has been corruption in high places.......now the big name are been touched so as others can straighten their ways.......after buhari leaves office the system will be clear for a well meaning and hardworking economic expert to take us to the next level......EFCC is no longer a toothless bull dog at least they can now bite alittle but i think we would like it harder.......the beautiful thing about this is that u judiciary is also scared because they know they are been watched. and form of bribe will be sported.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Icecomrade: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2016
Jwowo
Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by penzino(m): 7:34am On Nov 26, 2016
Scam everywhere in this country.. ..... Chai

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by olaolulazio(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2016
He will be bail with 1billion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by efilefun(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2016
GossipHeart:

Waste of time and energy

Just mention anyone who have been arrested for corruption, charged to court and sentenced to just one day in prison in this Buhari government

The way some people reason on this forum is so pathetic, when the judges this animals were bribing to buy justice were raided you all screamed BUHARI, how do you expect cases involving people who embezzled billions to end quickly when they can bribe any lawyer with millions of naira to evade justice or frustrate the case. Tell me whats the justice in Igbinedion's case where he paid 3 Million naira fine for a case he was found guilty of stealing 25Billion... Just park well if you got no were to vent your anger this morning

before you start asking for prove concerning igbinedion's case here is a link to read and digest the poo called Nigerian Judiciary, abeg provide us a link to those figures you mentioned in ur modified post.... na beg we beg so we go follow hang buhari
http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/30/court-fines-igbinedion-n3m-n25bn-scam

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by clevadani: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2016
Wow.
Just imagine the nonsense. Na God go help this country.
1bn? Chai

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by kinibigdeal(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2016
EFCC need to investigate Buhari campaign funds or Buhari resign
Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by Adesiji77: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2016
Interesting... waiting to see how this will go down
Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by anonymuz(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2016
efilefun:
who's going to preside over the judgement when most of the judges are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by nosypat(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2016
GossipHeart:

Waste of time and energy

Haba, I agree we've been f^cked but where you grab these figures from naah? Lol

1 Like

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by AntiWailer: 7:42am On Nov 26, 2016
GossipHeart:

Waste of time and energy

Liars like u are worse than looters.

Which form is 600million. ?

Some crack heads will not even verify the stupeed lie before they scream "can u imagine !!"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by AntiWailer: 7:45am On Nov 26, 2016
GossipHeart:

Waste of time and energy

Liars like u are worse than looters.

Which form is 600million. ?

Some crack heads will not even verify the stupeed lie before they scream "can u imagine !!"

EFCC has secured 140 convictions in 2016 alone so stop misinforming lazy brains who might cherish ur ignorance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Detains Tunde Ayeni, Ex Skye Bank Chairman, Over N1bn Bribe To Ex-fct Minis by efilefun(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2016
Exactly that one just dey vent anger ontop NL like say anybody send am for here
anonymuz:
who's going to preside over the judgement when most of the judges are corrupt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eid-el-fitr: Photos Of Stranded Customers At Various Bank Atms In The North / New CBN Capital: 25 Banks Need N3.89trn Fresh Funds To Meet Requirements / See Two Sure Ways To Earn Income Online Without Spending Much Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.