Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All (1465 Views)

My Uncle’s Wife Poured Acid On Me And Took Away My Looks / White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Rain Curses On Fraudster Who Scammed A Client Of N93,730 With His Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by chocolateme(f): 11:27am On Nov 26, 2016
Yesterday afternoon, my cousin called for me to help verify something for them as I'm in Lagos.
His dad's long time friend on fb from abroad sent him a laptop, seemed everything had been a plot since day 1. He received the collection code and everything and was called to come for the pick up yesterday but as he stays in another state, he couldn't go so he was asked to send money for picking up the package (35,750)
He really doesn't understand how these things works so he sent the code number for the package and 7,500 which he actually thought he heard instead of 37,500.
So they reached me yesterday.. Gave me all the information, I called the number and a lady picked up..

Me.. Good afternoon ma, I am Chocolate calling from Lagos in respect to my uncle's package, as a matter of fact I am at the Etihad Cargo Dpt Zone 2 Murtala Mohammed Airport now for the collection and I am with the remaining balance with me.

Lady.. Excuse me please, you are not the one needed for the collection, your uncle should come and sign the documents by himself.

Me.. But ma, he is here with me that's what I was trying to explain to you., where are you?

Lady.. We don't collect cash, go and pay the money into the account given to him and don't ever call this number again.

I called her till forever but she never answered. My sister sent her a message and she replied warning us never to contact her again. I was tempted to rain abuses on her but I let go. Later called my uncle never to communicate with them again and not to send money to that account.

If they can do this to vulnerable 100 people, you can imagine how low they have brought themselves to.
Who told my uncle that you send money to private accounts for Cargo package collection? How was he intending for them to send it to his state after the payment even after her didn't sign? How come they no longer accept dollar and naira cash payment at the collection center!
We ask these questions and more and think deeper before making decisions on anything.. Here are the informatios they sent to him ranging from the account number they paid the 7,500 to the lady's number..

Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by yeyeboi(m): 11:29am On Nov 26, 2016
Ok
Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 26, 2016
This is serious ooo. lalasticlala.
Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by omamush(f): 11:37am On Nov 26, 2016
scammers everywhere.. God help us
Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by delishpot: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2016
If you ask that uncle, you may find out that the so called friend was not his real friend. Someone was just using the friends name as a front to scam him
I dare say the so called friend was even met on facebook. As in they both met on Fb and have never known each other before they met online.
This is a very common practice. My sister almost fell mugu too. Some random dude who was toasting her on Fb decided to be father Christmas sent her shoes, clothes, two types of BB phones(those days bb was the phone of choice for babes) Flat screen TV, gold necklaces etc. I asked her of she was planning to open shop with him in naaja,(as in if they want to start selling goods as joint biz) she said no. I say then it is scam. I called and told them I will come to see them that I am sure it was a mistake cos there was no reason for someone who has never met my sister to send such goods. They said oh, it's not a mistake, I said OK, I will come and see with my eyes. To give me address they gave me fake one. Though I was not interested in going. Not planning to fly to Lagos because of some 19 boy.
This happened some 6years ago.

2 Likes

Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by chocolateme(f): 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
delishpot:
If you ask that uncle, you may find out that the so called friend was not his real friend. Someone was just using the friends name as a front to scam him
I dare say the so called friend was even met on facebook. As in they both met on Fb and have never known each other before they met online.
This is a very common practice. My sister almost fell mugu too. Some random dude who was toasting her on Fb decided to be father Christmas sent her shoes, clothes, two types of BB phones(those days bb was the phone of choice for babes) Flat screen TV, gold necklaces etc. I asked her of she was planning to open shop with him in naaja,(as in if they want to start selling goods as joint biz) she said no. I say then it is scam. I called and told them I will come to see them that I am sure it was a mistake cos there was no reason for someone who has never met my sister to send such goods. They said oh, it's not a mistake, I said OK, I will come and see with my eyes. To give me address they gave me fake one. Though I was not interested in going. Not planning to fly to Lagos because of some 19 boy.
This happened some 6years ago.
if you call that number now, you will see how sarcastic the lady will talk to u.. Very rude for that matter and very fast in disconnecting one's call.. It is well

1 Like

Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by IVORY2009(m): 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
chocolateme:
if you call that number now, you will see how sarcastic the lady will talk to u.. Very rude for that matter and very fast in disconnecting one's call.. It is well

where is the number let me search database for the registered user!!

1 Like

Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by okirewaju(f): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
Second time I am hearing a case like this
Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by chocolateme(f): 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
IVORY2009:

where is the number let me search database for the registered user!!
its up there on the post. 09052673873
Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by delishpot: 4:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
chocolateme:
She knows her game is up Na. You sou d suspicious to her. She would prefer you pay into her acct and wait till kingdom come for the package. The only reason she has not cut you off was that she was expecting you to pay much more than 7500 . So she is still hoping maga would pay more. If say he dropped the complete money, she would have changed sim or blocked you guys.

2 Likes

Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by oluspicy: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Weldone dear Spunky Chocolate. Such happened to me months ago, but its a bad market for that pervert as a friend on fb. Since then she has not been chatting with me talkless of coming online.

Scammers everywhere!
Re: How My Uncle Was Scammed.. A Lesson For All by Georgesudosen(m): 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Na wah oo, seriously i ws scammed by this techniques as far back as 2014, felt bad tho, but ive moved on, and better...... Jst passing by anyway

(1) (Reply)

Fake Mad Woman Caught With Expensive Phone And Camera / Teenage Boy Vows To Get Rich Even Through Money Ritual / Killings Of Church Members In Omoku, Rivers State (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.