Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,788 members, 7,862,609 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

Fare Thee Well, Fidel Castro! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fare Thee Well, Fidel Castro! (343 Views)

Photo Of Fidel Castro And MKO Abiola / Saraki Welcomed In Ilorin Amid Fun Fare ;D (pictures!!!) / Prophecy Fulfilled? See What Fidel Castro Said In 1973 Ths Is Happening Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fare Thee Well, Fidel Castro! by mecedonia(m): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
FARE THEE WELL, FIDEL CASTRO!
BY SIR DON UBANI; KSC, JP
OKWUBUNKA OF ASA
26TH NOVEMBER, 2016
[i][/i][i][/i]A new lexicon, to some of us, has, of late, emerged in the register of advertisement. It is mainly associated with online marketing.
E-advertisers now talk of Black Friday in their bid to cajole potential buyers into visiting their online shops for possible patronage.
By a simple explanation, Black Friday is a specific Friday when customers are lured to believe that they would be offered very attractive rebates by advertising shops, even to the extent of 90%.
How this plays out is what I do not know as I have not checked it out.
My own Black Friday was yesterday; Friday 25th November, 2016 which marked the end on earth of the Cuban revolutionary icon and statesman, Barr Fidel Castro at the ripe age of 90.
Fidel Castro represented brilliance, discipline, altruism, integrity, courage, transparency, patriotism and humanity.
For the many years he served his people of Cuba as President, it was evident he had no skeleton in his cupboard. He did not believe in material acquisition but devoted all his time to advance the welfare of Cubans.
Out of sagacity and prudence, he was able to manage his country's purely agrarian economy to such an assuring extent that at any given time, Cuba had a favourable balance of trade.
When he realized that age and time were no more on his side and there was need to appoint a successor, due to patriotism, he did not appoint any of his children. He rather choose his brother, Raul, whom he believed was the most committed to Cuban revolutionary ideals.
As a courageous military tactician, Fidel Castro did not allow himself to be cowed down by the military might of the United States of America and strongly and victoriously mobilized his people in defence of Cuba against America in 1958.
Fidel Castro has kicked the bucket but not without leaving legacies that leaders, the world over, who really want to advance the course of their people, could leverage on.
Adieu General Fidel Castro!
Adieu A Man of Selfless Service!!
Sir Don Ubani; KSC, JP
Okwubunka of Asa
Executive Director Centre For Equity & Eradication Of Rural Poverty.
Re: Fare Thee Well, Fidel Castro! by PaulIdu: 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
Total nonsense ..The truth is that Fidelity Castro was depraved lunatic who slept with over 35,0000 women and destroyed the destinies of 5 generations of Cubans and still counting ..A colorful and fiery stupid character who met his people Okay but left the impoverished, ego beaten and anachronistic..he would only be a hero in folklore of revolutionaries who have come to decieve but in reality he should be remembered as the 6 decade plague of Cuba ..

(1) (Reply)

I Remain PDP Candidate For Ondo But Want My Supporters To Vote APC – Jimoh Ibrah / Court Denies IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu, Bail Again / INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Akeredolu As Ondo Governor-elect {photos}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.