Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes (24540 Views)

Buhari: Got Only 198,000 Votes From South-east, Yet They Have 4 Senior Ministers / Obiano Should Be Disqualified For Campaigning At Polling Unit - PDP (Photo) / Oyegun Loses To PDP In His Polling Unit In Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by kolaish(m): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
KENNING2010:

JONATHAN IS A BIG FOOL, THE BIGGEST I HAVE SEEN IN RECENT TIME.. IMAGINE
Oga, directly or indirectly, all politicians spend money to win election. Think of how Buhari won the primary; how dollars were spent freely during the primary and how other big guns rally round Buhari to win the election. Think of how Amaechi, Aregbesola and others spent their state money to campaign for APC presidential election. It is only because APC won, that is why they are exposing PDP. When next another party wins, you will be suprise about the figure APC spends as well on elections.

I am not a PDP/APC supporter please.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by SkytrendNews: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
Falae, pity
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

SDP is the party

to solve our problems

and better our lives o...

lol I was in Primary school then tho

I can bet it that you march to the giggle back then, Lol grin , those were the days of true democratic patriotism.

Sorry am replying late, i was offline over the weekend.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=Olu317 post=51406882][/quote]

Lol grin not really, i was young then, but did paticipated during the campaign march, my mum was a female politician, one of the first females in Nigeria, so we followed her then.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:22am On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

I can bet it that you march to the giggle back then, Lol grin , those were the days of true democratic patriotism.

Sorry am replying late, i was offline over the weekend.
Yes Boss.... An uncle of mine then was a card carrying member of SDP! It was pure out of patriotism and love for the country. I pity Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Yes Boss.... An uncle of mine then was a card carrying member of SDP! It was pure out of patriotism and love for the country. I pity Nigeria

Yeah, unlike today which is all about the most paying Party sad

2 Likes

Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

Yeah, unlike today which is all about the most paying Party sad
I look forward to building such kind of political party

2 Likes

Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by Olu317(m): 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

Lol grin not really, i was young then, but did paticipated during the campaign march, my mum was a female politician, one of the first females in Nigeria, so we followed her then.
... even if you were young at least you remembered. That makes you a mature man now...not bad at all. So what can you see as the difference then and nowadays as it concerns the younger ones of today's Nigeria ?
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I look forward to building such kind of political party

I don't mean to be pestimistic but i don't believe such can be achieved anymore, the days of true patriotism is gone, the youth today only understands two language 1. Money and 2. Violence, its really a pity, those that can be that patriotic don't want to have anything to do with Politics.

I'll bring the link to a thread to prove my point.

Modified:

On the thread below, many that commented just wanted an opportunity to loot rather than to build or solve the problem we face today, its sad.

www.nairaland.com/1481965/given-chance-president-just-day

1 Like

Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by Olu317(m): 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
S. D. P was a good party loved by a lot of people in the 90s...and nothing like expecting someone to grease your palm with brown envelope. I can remember vividly unlike today that these young men and women are unwilling to do anything for free..And the best things in life are FREE....

1 Like

Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olu317:
... even if you were young at least you remembered. That makes you a mature man now...not bad at all. So what can you see as the difference then and nowadays as it concerns the younger ones of today's Nigeria ?

I believe you already know what i would say,, lack of patriotism.

Lol grin my mum sold the party SDP to my brain back then based on patriotism and honesty, (Its Funny) The same mum is preaching APC to me be based on Financial gain(Money),, you can see how bad it has become, though its because she is no more active,, still she doesn't believe anything good can come out of politics, so she ''joined them'' rather than ''Beat them'' .
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

I don't mean to be pestimistic but i don't believe such can be achieved anymore, the days of true patriotism is gone, the youth today only understands two language 1. Money and 2. Violence, its really a pity, those that can be that patriotic don't want to have anything to do with Politics.

I'll bring the link to a thread to prove my point.

Modified:

On the thread below, many that commented just wanted an opportunity to loot rather than to build or solve the problem we face today, its sad.

www.nairaland.com/1481965/given-chance-president-just-day

Brother, I remember writing that Nigeria Youths are unprepared for leadership, that position I still stand by.

However, it doesn't negate the fact that we have young and passionate people who are prepared and willing to but unfortunately are in the minority.

What we need to do is to have a think tank of smart people of not less than 5 but not more than 10 irrespective of present partisan leaning.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Brother, I remember writing that Nigeria Youths are unprepared for leadership, that position I still stand by.

However, it doesn't negate the fact that we have young and passionate people who are prepared and willing to but unfortunately are in the minority.

What we need to do is to have a think tank of smart people of not less than 5 but not more than 10 irrespective of present partisan leaning.

@bolded; pure fact, and they are jumping ships daily reducing the number as we speak, now i can't be in a seat of power and wont loot sad the days of ''How i wish i can change this country'' thoughts are dead now, have lost hope on the country, i must say.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by Olu317(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

I believe you already know what i would say,, lack of patriotism.

Lol grin my mum sold the party SDP to my brain back then based on patriotism and honesty, (Its Funny) The same mum is preaching APC to me be based on Financial gain(Money),, you can see how bad it has become, though its because she is no more active,, still she doesn't believe anything good can come out of politics, so she ''joined them'' rather than ''Beat them'' .
...It may not necessarily be as a result of monetary gain but principle. As it is obvious,no amount of money can really make any individual contented except self refrain. She probably doing it for old time sake and to mingle with old friends on the same school of thought. APC naturally was meant to be a party to foster unity in Nigeria but contrary is the case... I have been involved in politics for a very long time though most times a back door participant. Nigeria isn't worth it.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olu317:
...It may not necessarily be as a result of monetary gain but principle. As it is obvious,no amount of money can really make any individual contented except self refrain. She probably doing it for old time sake and to mingle with old friends on the same school of thought. APC naturally was meant to be a party to foster unity in Nigeria but contrary is the case... I have been involved in politics for a very long time though most times a back door participant. Nigeria isn't worth it.

hmmm, its has really gone bad, these leaders don't care about the people they only care about their pockets.

May God help us.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

@bolded; pure fact, and they are jumping ships daily reducing the number as we speak, now i can't be in a seat of power and wont loot sad the days of ''How i wish i can change this country'' thoughts are dead now, have lost hope on the country, i must say.
We can salvage the situation
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
We can salvage the situation

It wont be an easy task, corruption has eating deep, even the man who says he is fighting against corruption is corrupt.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

It wont be an easy task, corruption has eating deep, even the man who says he is fighting against corruption is corrupt.
FACT! But It is possible
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
FACT! But It is possible

Okay bro, hoping we achieve a feat like that, it would be the greatest evolution for the country.
Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:34am On Nov 30, 2016
shumuel:

Okay bro, hoping we achieve a feat like that, it would be the greatest evolution for the country.
Actually, I have come to realise that Lagos is the intellectual base of Nigeria and Abuja is our political base. If we are to pull this off, we gotta factor both.

1 Like

Re: Olu Falae Defeated At His Polling Unit, Got Only 7 Votes by shumuel(m): 10:18am On Nov 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Actually, I have come to realise that Lagos is the intellectual base of Nigeria and Abuja is our political base. If we are to pull this off, we gotta factor both.

Indeed they both are but to make it acceptable a state from each geo-political zone should also be included, Biafrans already felt they are left out of everything political in the country already, and Lagos is S/W while Abuja would be seen as North, i hope you get my point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara Receives Chieftaincy Title In Abia / After Buhari Seal Oyegun’s Fate Oshiomhole, Onu, Nnamani Favoured For APC Chair / Oshiomhole: Most Governors Who Messed Up Since 1999 Are Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.