Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,123 members, 7,835,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? (624 Views)

Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools / Is The Christian God A God Of Slavery? / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by Thepasserby(m): 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
Christianity; freedom or slavery?

Man is a liberal being whose curiosity has led him into solving problems while creating others. For every problem man was able to solve, He ended up creating a thousand more.

Whether man was created Or He evolved, one thing is certain; there is always an empty vacuum waiting to be filled. Man is always in search of the supernatural even in the wrong places. Man's quest to understand How and why He came here in the first place led him to establishing Or creating a link to God which be called religion. Religion is so filled with dogma that men of reasons now find a reason to reject religion.

Religion was never an idea of God, it was man's way of enslaving man. When Jesus came, He spoke against religion and the religious men crucified him.

I am proud to tell to the whole world that I am not a man of religion, but I am a Christian.

Religion has continued to put men under bondage and this chain can never be broken unless the veil covering his eyes is removed. Most wars in history always has a religion behind it. If religion is so good, why is it that the Same people we look at as religious leaders always fail Or misbehave?

Christianity has never been a religion even in the first place. Here are my reasons;

1. It was not a custom but a movement to reconcile men to God not through sacrifices Or obeying a set down rule Or code but through a simple act of belief.

2. It brought God closer to men. We have always known God to be far away but Christianity brought him closer to us all.

3. Christianity is a way of life and It's teachings are so easily understood that you can read for yourself. There is No secret in Christianity that is why the Bible is available in so many languages, read and understand for yourself.

4. It is not built on dogma but on sound teachings with factual facts that are evident even to the layman.

5. It is not slavery but freedom.

God created a universe and allowed man to be free to Make his own choices, men came and formed religion to enslave the free man.

Try Jesus and you will never regret it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by jonbellion(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by jonbellion(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
If Christianity isn't a religion then let churches start paying taxes

1 Like

Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by EyeHateGod: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
jonbellion:
If Christianity isn't a religion then let churches start paying taxes
Everyone is now denying religion but why even Islam self is not a religion it's a Way of life same with Hinduism the problem with Christianity is that they think they are special....

Well but Atheism is a Religion!
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by amerimex(m): 11:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
I just don't understand d way we christians detest and separate ourself fm d word religion as if its one of d ten commandments. Christianity have a way of worship and even prayer, and that makes it a religion, but more importantly christianity means christ like, I.e living like christ, therefore making christianity more of a way of life, than a mere way of worship(religion)
#freedom#
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by KingEbukaNaija: 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
smiley
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by jonbellion(m): 12:05am On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Christianity is a way of life cool

Confucianism and Jainism are regarded as religions , who do their adherents worship?
jainism is cool cool
They were way ahead of your religion in morality before the new guy jesus' came to talk some sense into his dad
It was temporary though
The great tribulation is the next round
Apparently his anger management class didn't go well smiley
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by KingEbukaNaija: 12:17am On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
jainism is cool cool
They were way ahead of your religion in morality before the new guy jesus' came to talk some sense into his dad
It was temporary though
The great tribulation is the next round
Apparently his anger management class didn't go well smiley

How is God Jesus' dad
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by jonbellion(m): 12:26am On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

How is God Jesus' dad
yeah yeah I know he's god in the flesh blah blah blah
Sooooooo in the garden of gethsamene..... He was praying to himself to save himself
And when he died he was asking himself why he forsook himself
And he artificially inseminated a woman himself to give birth to himself
And said to his parents that he was in his own house when they came to look for him in the synagogue
Aaand he sent a dove upon himself from heaven where he also resides
Aaand he's sitting on the right hand seat of himself
Brooooooooooo
Jesus was the ultimate stoner
That LSD in ancient Palestine must have been pretty good
I would adress you seriously later today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by CAPSLOCKED: 1:21am On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
Sooooooo in the garden of gethsamene..... He was praying to himself to save himself
And said to his parents that he was in his own house when they came to look for him in the synagogue
Brooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by Thepasserby(m): 6:09am On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
Brooooooooooo

Hahahahahahahahaahaha... Bros doesn't this ring a bell? How comes you were able to read and understand all this in simple language? I know the answer, THERE IS NO SECRET IN CHRISTIANITY. what you are doing now is No different from what the Jews did in the time of Jesus. Christianity rocks, it is so sweet that it doesn't enslave you to a written code. Hahahahahahahahaahaha... am happy you have read the Bible and have seen reasons not to trust in God. Dig deeper, am sure you will find more interesting facts.

Don't forget to also read 1 Corinthians 1:18-31
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by amerimex(m): 7:48am On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Christianity is a way of life cool

Confucianism and Jainism are regarded as religions , who do their adherents worship?

U re stil not understanding the logic.
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by KingEbukaNaija: 8:45am On Nov 27, 2016
amerimex:

U re stil not understanding the logic.

That was a mistake sorry
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by nnamdibig(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2016
People are be enslaved by Christianity while people are also freed by Christianity so it depends on what you want Christianity to do for you.
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by HCpaul(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2016
Christianity is all about mental slavery and emotional captivity.... knowing that if human are emotionally captured they cannot be mentally vibrant.
Re: Christianity; Freedom Or Slavery? by LiberaDeus: 10:25am On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
Brooooooooooo

That was a priceless knock out punch coupled with a scissors kick and a choke slam.

Mr.Bellion where do you gets the words that are coming out of yo mouth?

I will save this post but come to think of it, no need to argue with them about trinity. The whole shit is made up so why bother about showing them that trinity is wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Orders Congregation Members To Drink Sewage Water At His Church (photos) / A Revelation Concerning The World In 2017 And Beyond Revealed. A Must Read / Does The Bibble Contradicts?????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.