Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Picture....who Is This Baby King? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Picture....who Is This Baby King? (1314 Views)

Unbelievable!! See The Tribal Mark Drawn On This Baby Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture....who Is This Baby King? by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:40am On Nov 27, 2016

Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by VickyRotex(f): 1:51am On Nov 27, 2016
Menelik and Iyasu undecided

1 Like

Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:56am On Nov 27, 2016
VickyRotex:

kiss you are a badt @ss!

Yep!

1 Like

Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by GorkoSusaay: 2:03am On Nov 27, 2016
VickyRotex:

Menelik II and Tafari Makonnen (future Haile Selassie), rather.
Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:08am On Nov 27, 2016
Li Yasu did not last as ruler. He was soon deposed and replaced. The last Emperor of that dynasty was Haile Selassie.

Picture of Li Yasu and Selassie.

Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by VickyRotex(f): 2:21am On Nov 27, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

I think Iyasu was Menelik's grandson right? And if Menelik was succeeded by Iyasu, then its logical to say that's Iyasu.
Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by VickyRotex(f): 2:22am On Nov 27, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:
Li Yasu did not last as ruler. He was soon deposed and replaced. The last Emperor of that dynasty was Haile Selassie.

Picture of Li Yasu and Selassie.

Yea, seems he only lasted for 4 years or so.
Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by OPCNAIRALAND: 2:37am On Nov 27, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

I thought Li Yasu wad succeeded first by a regent and then Selassie. Li Yasu could not be Selassie, unless he was the first titular SELASSIE, succeeded by the last ruler as SELASSIE II. Which is i?
Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by GorkoSusaay: 3:06am On Nov 27, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

I thought Li Yasu wad succeeded first by a regent and then Selassie. Li Yasu could not be Selassie, unless he was the first titular SELASSIE, succeeded by the last ruler as SELASSIE II. Which is i?

Actually Lij Iyasu's successor was his aunt Zewditu, Negus Menelik's daughter.
Haile Selassie, whose grandmother was the aunt of Menelik, was named Zewditu's heir. He was crown prince and effective ruler between Iyasu's deposition in 1916 to Zewditu's death in 1930.
Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by GorkoSusaay: 3:11am On Nov 27, 2016
VickyRotex:

I think Iyasu was Menelik's grandson right? And if Menelik was succeeded by Iyasu, then its logical to say that's Iyasu.

Yes, Iyasu's mother was Shoa Reggad, Menelik's daughter. The child in the picture with Menelik is the future Haile Selassie, though. Haile Selassie was also part of the Royal Family. His paternal grandmother Tenagne Worq was the daughter of King Sahle Selassie of Showa, who was also Menelik's grandfather
Re: Picture....who Is This Baby King? by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

Yes, Iyasu's mother was Shoa Reggad, Menelik's daughter. The child in the picture with Menelik is the future Haile Selassie, though. Haile Selassie was also part of the Royal Family. His paternal grandmother Tenagne Worq was the daughter of King Sahle Selassie of Showa, who was also Menelik's grandfather

Thanks for clarity. wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The 3-orisha In Lagos Storm The Street / Five Things To Know About Alaafin Of Oyo, What Is Abobaku? / Answer To Pagan9ja Comment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.