Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

"service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / "service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder (3180 Views)

Awoof!!!!!! Clean Tokunbo 04 Nissan Quest (SOLD) / Reserved 04 Nissan Xterra. ......650k / Remove Check Engine/service Soon Light From,diagnose Your Car 5k Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder by Ineedhelp1: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2009
I serviced my 04 Nissan Pathfinder and noticed that the "service engine soon" light came up shortly ther after. A day later, the car overheated while in slow moving traffic. The mechanic came over to remove the thermostat. Of course, the car overheated again the following day, I was lucky I already got to a convenient spot in my itinerary. i waited for it to cool down. The level of water in the radiator did not go down, and i was able to take it from ibadan to osogbo and back to Lagos - a distance of over 200Km. I think removing the thermostat was rather crude becuase the thermostat has been there since almost 10 months ago that I started using the car in naija. Secondly, the car came from Houston, which can be as hot as naija, so I really do not think removing the thermostat was going to solve any problem in the first place.

Please what can be wrong with the car? What can I do? Abeg help me o.
Re: "service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder by rydeorsail(m): 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2009
@poster, why dont u look for a certifield mechanic to check it for u
Re: "service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder by triistar86: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2009
From my little experience. . . . no one removes thermostats from cars nowadays particularly cars that are recently made,  Get it fixed back if possible and take it to certified mechanic workshop so they can read what is wrong with the car. . . Peace Bro!
Re: "service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder by sultaan(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2009
Get a Stant thermostat and you'll probably need a new waterpump.
Re: "service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder by Ineedhelp1: 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2009
what's a "Stant Thermostat"? I thought a faulty water pump should make the water level in the radiator reduce every now and then. Abi?
Re: "service Engine Soon" Light On My 04 Nissan Pathfinder by sultaan(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2009
A thermostat made by a company called Stant, reputed to be very good, and if it fails , it stays open.http://www.stant.com/
If your water pump is bad, water will not circulate between engine block and radiator.SO water in engine block stays hot, and radiator stays warm/cold.

But water pump only applies if radiator is colder than engine temp(by feeling the hoses), now if they are both hot, your cooling fan is not working(I hope you had checked this first) Also check to make sure all your belts are in place(properly routed) by checking diagram on hood.

Lastly radiator cap.

(1) (Reply)

2008 Nissan Maxima, Nigeria Used, Low Millage Call For 08095532782 / Rover 600 Series: 618 SI Automatic 2000 MILITARY GREEN:95-DD-HJ Fabric Cream Int / Here We Have Again Honda Crv 2010 Model @ 3.7m Come Grab It Fast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.