Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. (3474 Views)

Ukwu!! Celebrity Blogger, Linda Ikeji Flaunts Her Ukwu In New Photos / Celebrity Takes2 Season 2: And The Show Began. / Interview With Celebrity Desmond Elliot: Why I Run Away From Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by funkystanl(m): 1:26am On Nov 08, 2009
Spirit of David, the No.1 dance group in Nigeria, has begin Season Two of Celebrity Reality TV Show- Celebrity Take 2 (CT 2), making Nigeria's entertainment sphere the buzz among lovers of entertainment.
Speaking at a press briefing in Lagos, President and National Coordinator, Spirit of David, Pastor Segun Lawal, said the contest will feature 13 episodes in the second Season, adding that the first two episodes will be non-competitive, after which the celebrities will contest in teams until a winner emerges.
"The contest will be non-competitive for the first two dance episodes. Afterwards we will start scoring them and the general public will start voting from the third dance episode, which will be in about three weeks time. It will be such that the judges will score and the three couples with the least votes will be the ones up for elimination and the least couple among them will be asked to leave. That will preserve the dance quality and we don't just allow for popularity to overtake what is essentially a dance show, but at the same time, it is still a popularity show and that ís why we usually enlist celebrities who are extremely popular."
He said the second season of CT 2, will feature contestants from both the Nigeria movie industry and the music industry, with the season tagged "War on the Dance Floor."
From the movie industry, the contestants include Stella Damasus, Faithia Balogun, Yemi Blaq, Dakore Egbuson, and veteran actor, Fred Amata. On the music scene, the contestants are Kel, Zaki Azzay, Yinka Davies, Obiwon, and Faze.
Lawal said the 13 week-contest will feature nine different general dance styles, which include the popular Salsa, Argentina Tango, Brazilian Samba, as well as contemporary and traditional dances from Nigeria.
"These dance styles will be performed by each celebrity and an assigned Spirit of David Dance Instructor. Both will be judged as a couple, which means that a celebrity that is eliminated from the show indicates an automatic eviction of the assigned instructor. The couples for this season are Kel and Francis Edet; Zaki Azzay and Bunmi Olunloyo; Fred Amata and Blessing Akombi; Faithia Balogun and Buddy Agedah; Stella Damasus and Wale Sodade; Yemi Blaq and Funke Sodade; Yinka Davies and Gbenga Yusuf; Obiwon and Lilian Yeri; Faze and Folake Cole; Dakore Egbuson and Edet Iso," he said. Spokesman for the celebrities, Fred Amata, expressed his appreciation for the project and commended Spirit of David Dance Group for its vision. He said, "life is a dance! In less than a month of training, it has become apparent how much life is a dance. We have learnt so much in such a short time frame and this has really helped us to see the other side of life from another perspective."Also speaking, Head, Corporate Affairs, Skye Bank Plc, Mr. Kayode Akinyemi, said the recurring Title Sponsor lauded the organisers and commended CT 2 as a trendy initiative in line with the rapid growth of art and entertainment in Nigeria.The Spirit of David's Celebrity Takes 2 made its debut in October 2007, with 10 celebrities as contestants. Since then, the show has won several awards and has been described as one of the best TV reality shows in Nigeria.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=159274
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by nellaluv(f): 1:48am On Nov 08, 2009
Its about tyme they started. So who r d contestant.
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by funkystanl(m): 5:30am On Nov 08, 2009
nellaluv:

Its about tyme they started. So who r d contestant.
not yet announced, guess uncle ben would do that next week.
Are you on winwap?
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by caral(f): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2009
Stella damasus, fathia balogun, yemi blaq, dakore egbuson, fred amata, kel, obiwon, zaki azzay, yinka davies nd faze
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by funkystanl(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2009
caral:

Stella damasus, fathia balogun, yemi blaq, dakore egbuson, fred amata, kel, obiwon, zaki azzay, yinka davies nd faze

oh you are biased, It should be 5male celeb and 5female celeb. Last year it was funlola aofiyebi, omotola jalade, tara durotoye, zizi cardow, omowunmi akinifesi, brian(mr nigeria), sound Sultan, kunle afolayan, nomoreloss, and pasuma.
This year i want julius agwu, frank edoho, gbenga adeyinka/omo baba, obiwon, jim iyke, genevieve, princess, kel, kate henshaw, wunmi obe.
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by caral(f): 8:44am On Nov 10, 2009
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2009
its too long to read.
so this is basically like the nigerian version of "Dancing With The Stars" ??
if so. . .
the list of contestants SUCK!!!!
the only people im looking forward to seeing are Dakore and Stella.
ill probably vote for them both.
everyone else, blah.  tongue

i hope someone uploads some of the season onto youtube so i can watch.
or is there a website for this show? anyone know what network?

also. . .
anyone know who won first season?
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by victorazy(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2009
funkystanl:

oh you are biased, It should be 5male celeb and 5female celeb. Last year it was funlola aofiyebi, omotola jalade, tara durotoye, zizi cardow, omowunmi akinifesi, brian(mr nigeria), sound Sultan, kunle afolayan, nomoreloss, and pasuma.
This year i want julius agwu, frank edoho, gbenga adeyinka/omo baba, obiwon, jim iyke, genevieve, princess, kel, kate henshaw, wunmi obe.

and victorazy llooll
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by wendieposh: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
Funlola Awofuyebi- Raimi won the first one, there are no radio presenters there
i for like see the likes of wild child,freeze and manny shake their bodies!
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by kemisuga(f): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2009
Cant wait to see the show. cheesy
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2009
Fabulous Dance show but, must it take a decade just 4 yet another season, huh?!
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by nellaluv(f): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2009
Ah ah, who said princess. Princess is to fat to even move her body tongue.
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by Nezan(m): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2009
What?
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by jidesamuel(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2009
does anyone knows when exactly the show is commencing?
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by funkystanl(m): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2009
@moderator, thanks.
Who told you that princess is too fat to dance
this year show is just for music and movie ind only
funlola aofiyebi won season one, afterwhich she started crying like a baby, Lol.
Ben Ogbewi is the presenter. You all know him. The music coordinator for project fame.
As at saturday stv showed a review of season 1 with an intro to season 2. Guess its now on air. Stv, 9pm. Dont miss it!!!
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by dominique(f): 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2009
its about time. . . cant wait for the show to commence. BTW what manner of dance will fred amata and zaki azzay gonna give us embarassed tongue
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by Mydex(m): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2009
um gonna be a celebrity soon
i hope you guys vote for me
thanks
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by kayality: 10:39pm On Nov 10, 2009
We are waiting, ooooooooooooooo
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by jeffoski(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
at last thank God they want to begin Season 2 plz they shouldn't take long in bringing the next season it spoil the fun.well with the list of celebrity they have am sure it's going to be fun.it would have been better if they didn't just make it music and movie artist alone.they would have included the Comedians and presenters too but it still cool anyway.lets start to predict who we think will win and who will be the first to get kicked off.right now i can't be certain becos of the new way they want to judge this season which i think is very good i just pray they pick the right judges who know wat dancing is all about.
My favorite is Stella but i will have to see if she can dance very well.i go for the best and i think Zaki will get kicked off first if he is in the bottom 3 wat do u think?
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by Olong(m): 11:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
*Long hiss*some thread!
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by luv2talk(m): 1:06am On Nov 11, 2009
Pls, when are they starting it,i cant afford to miss it
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by funkystanl(m): 1:18am On Nov 11, 2009
Do not under-rate anyone @dominique.
Who know you @mydex.
Stv, 9pm on saturday, its a date.
We cant start voting now till we start watching them perform. This gonna be fun, peeps
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by omohwunmmy: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2009
its about time! been waiting for ages. hope there will be no bad loser like omotola in season one.
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by sammytb(m): 11:00am On Nov 11, 2009
waoooooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2009
the list of stars suck.
but i guess the more real and popular stars are busy doing things with their lives and they dont have time to do a show, thats understandable.
but the people dont seem to interesting or i just dont know them. undecided
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by mayreedoll(f): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2009
i hope my aunt stella is nt too fat to dance?
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by teemoe(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

the list of stars suck.
but i guess the more real and popular stars are busy doing things with their lives and they dont have time to do a show, thats understandable.
but the people dont seem to interesting or i just dont know them. undecided

you really dont get it.   .  do you? first you say that they suck, then you say u dont know them.      how then do you know that they suck.  . RUBBISH AND NONSENSE.  .  Its a good list of contestants and it is folly for you to imply that they dont have things to do with their lives.  .  .  .
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
teemoe:

you really dont get it.   .  do you? first you say that they suck, then you say u dont know them.       how then do you know that they suck.  . RUBBISH AND NONSENSE.  .  Its a good list of contestants and it is folly for you to imply that they dont have things to do with their lives.  .  .  .
like i said they arent doing much with their lives as of now.
DUH!! who else would have the time to do a dancing show?
same thing with "Dancing With the Stars."
i didnt say it like its a bad thing, but im saying the more popular celebs are probably busy so they cant do things like this.
no wahala intended, abeg.

like i said they either suck or i dont know them.  tongue
where is the crime in that?

anyway im not in the mood.
have a nice day! peace!  tongue
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by becomrich15: 4:40am On Nov 12, 2009
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by blackboy(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2009
Great show. Psuma should have wont the last edition or Sound Sultan. Fantastic show.Truly loved by many
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by miz4oxley(m): 11:58am On Nov 12, 2009
you told me already bro.
Re: Celebrity Takes2: Season 2 Coming Soon. by dominique(f): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
blackboy:

Great show. Psuma should have wont the last edition or Sound Sultan. Fantastic show.Truly loved by many

pasuma ke? did you watch the show at all? he was one of the worst dancers on the show embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

OMG!!! See What Lady Gaga Did To Her Mouth For The Youtube Music Awards / Yummy Mummy!!! Check Out Mercy Aigbe's Pink Outfit / Singer Kcee Goes Into Transport Business (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.