Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Lawyers In The House Help Please - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lawyers In The House Help Please (633 Views)

How Do Building Lawyers In Melbourne Help Contractors? / Fraud Allegation: Allen Onyema's Lawyers React With A Press Release / Highly Professional Lawyers In Melbourne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers In The House Help Please by Obynolee(f): 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
I will try to be brief,a friend of mine in Alaba international who sells phone accessories (earphones to be precise) is in a cross road now. He happens to be buying earphones from a salesgirl for some months(if not year),the problem now is that the girl's boss is saying that the amount the girl is selling to the guy is not what he authorized (that the girl is selling at a cheaper rate,there is no receipt since all of them are in the market,sometimes customers will come he either call the girl on phone or he will go to their shop to collect a particular number based on the demand of the customer and pay her).The boss don't audit the girl's account based on trust,now their business is nose diving and investigation revealed that the salesgirl is stealing from them and has been in detention.The girl used to sell the earphones to my guy @120 and the market value was 130/140(which is normal to my thinking because they are importer/wholesalers. In fact the girl at one time begged my friend to be buying from her due to low sales she is recording and promised to sell well to him.Now the boss came up with a figure of 1900pcs of earphone (without proof because it's not documented) and requesting for the difference be paid alleging that the market value is 160(40 difference each be paid).The salesgirl was busy spending the money with her boyfriend (who is in detention with her right now).We are insisting on not paying any difference because it's an open market transaction and every buyer looks for where it's cheap to buy.My friend was detained and released on bail on Friday, we were asked to report to the station on Monday morning.
My question is,are we going to win this case maintaining our grounds if the case eventually goes to court considering the fact that there is no receipt (though the boss doesn't have proof that my friend has bought 1900pcs)
Wouldn't it be cheaper for us to pay the 40 naira difference than hiring a lawyer and wasting time going to the court.
N:B:he bought the goods in good faith but the salesgirl squandered the money with her boyfriend.
Re: Lawyers In The House Help Please by budosky(m): 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
The Lawyers, where art thou?

Lawlord
LordAdam
Lalasticlala
Re: Lawyers In The House Help Please by viafabian: 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
Shoot me a mail so dat u cn get quality legal representation at low cost.. Bemazunity@gmail.com
Re: Lawyers In The House Help Please by Obynolee(f): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Your advise will be appreciated here please.
Re: Lawyers In The House Help Please by aleshsenior2000(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
mehn, this is real mess.
Re: Lawyers In The House Help Please by Obynolee(f): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
No receipt makes it more complicated but one has to make complicated issue flexible

(1) (Reply)

One-month Freezing Of Confirmed MMM Mavros (MMM) / Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP) 2017, I Need Tips. / We Need Agents All Over Fct Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.