Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

I Need To Make My Site HTTPS - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need To Make My Site HTTPS (540 Views)

How Can I Make My Blog To Show On Opera Mini News Feed / How Can I Make My Blog Qualify For Google Adsense / How Do I Monetize My Site Aside Google Adsense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by ivcraig(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Hello guys, I've been trying to make my site https. I've tried all the tutorials I could find online but all didn't work. I'm trying it on my localhost using wamp. I've Created a selfsigned cert and key, also created a virtualhost dat works with HTTP. Just incase, I'm using Codeigniter. Thanks for your assistance.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by bigtt76(f): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
You need WAMP Pro or try using XAMPP

ivcraig:
Hello guys, I've been trying to make my site https. I've tried all the tutorials I could find online but all didn't work. I'm trying it on my localhost using wamp. I've Created a selfsigned cert and key, also created a virtualhost dat works with HTTP. Just incase, I'm using Codeigniter. Thanks for your assistance.
Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by ivcraig(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
bigtt76:
You need WAMP Pro or try using XAMPP

Oh! Really?. Because I tried enabilng SSL module on Wamp and it crashed. I had to reinstall Wamp. Thanks for the advice. I'll try it now an get back to you.
Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by ivcraig(m): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Thanks... it works like a charm. I wonder why WAMP has problems doing this. I'm grateful and would love to get to know you more. I'm amazed that it's a lady that gave me the solution.

1 Like

Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by Tolzeal(m): 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
Never underestimate the power of NL ladies smiley
Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by ivcraig(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tolzeal:
Never underestimate the power of NL ladies smiley
I tell you bro. I'll never from today hence forth.
Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by Tolzeal(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
ivcraig:

I tell you bro. I'll never from today hence forth.

lol ... cheesy

Tell me about your project
Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by ivcraig(m): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Tolzeal:

lol ... cheesy

Tell me about your project
I won't want to drop it here yet. But we can talk privately on WhatsApp: 08062239670.
I'm only making it secure just to fulfill all righteousness, cuss my project doesn't actually need it. Or atleast maybe for the admin area. Hit me up, let's chat.
Re: I Need To Make My Site HTTPS by bigtt76(f): 8:37am On Nov 28, 2016
Happy to know it worked for you. I had similar problem using MAMP on Mac. MAMP is the WAMP version for Mac, but when I switched to XAMPP (my first love Lol) it worked like magic. Happy to have been of help too. Lovely week ahead to you and all. kiss

ivcraig:
Thanks... it works like a charm. I wonder why WAMP has problems doing this. I'm grateful and would love to get to know you more. I'm amazed that it's a lady that gave me the solution.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Web Business Training - 20 Hours Of Practical Session March 6th - 10th, 2017 / Website Cost / I Got Paid From Cashascending.com Just Now - Join Now Or You Miss This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.