Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,008 members, 7,828,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

#ondo Poll - What Governor Mimiko Should Have Done. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ondo Poll - What Governor Mimiko Should Have Done. (894 Views)

Ondo Crisis Deepens As Protesters Attack Governor Mimiko's Convoy- Premium Times / Policemen Demanding Money From Me Since I Won Ondo Poll — Akeredolu / Governor Mimiko Distributes Rice In Okitipupa To 70,000 Women - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ondo Poll - What Governor Mimiko Should Have Done. by kinibigdeal(m): 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
My congratulatory message to the Governor - Elect and APC is rather a strong abhorrence to the fact that democracy is under threat. Election fraud is not only through ballot paper stuffing, changing of election results alone but through the process that led to the election proper. Ondo state and Edo state election is an acid test to the integrity of the party in power, i will however leave Nigerians to decide, if the results of the test was a successful one or a failed specimen.

However, i expected a serpent like decision from Olusegun Mimiko during the APC inflicted legal tussle between Eyitayo Jegede and the shananigian Jimoh Ibrahim. Mimiko should have done the following

1. Forget the past political supremacy intertwine between himself and Olusola Oke of AD by giving him a tactical support or forming a temporary allegiance. Infact, that would have given Olusola Oke the Central, west and south easily. When you add AD 126,889 votes plus that of PDP's 150,380 votes, you've got a total of 277,269 votes (32,427 greater votes to Akeredolu's compilation of 244,842)

2. After the appeal court and the supreme court gave their verdict's on who the rightful candidate was, bearing it in mind the duration left, i expected Governor Mimiko to back out from the election and resolve to legal battle bearing it in mind that

a. Party agents cannot be assembled within 48hrs
b. INEC is supposed to grant atleast 7days grace to submit names of party agents
c. The time left for campaign was just a day
d. INEC was already compromised by substituting Jegede's name with that of Jimoh Ibrahim after monitoring the process that led to Jegede's emergence
e. As at the day to the election, Jegede's party agents are yet to be accredited.
d. Election was supposed to be postponed based on the aforementioned

3. Organize a press conference within 24hrs, involving international, local and AU observers highlighting key issues relating to the election and stating the obvious reasons why he as no choice than to the back out from the election

4. And when he knows he will still participate in the election, he could have reach out through is media team on local radio and TV stations within the state to campaign within 24hours. Adaba Fm would have done better by reaching out to the nooks of the state.

I will conclude by saying, Mimiko might have lost the battle gallantly but the consequences of Chirocracy is beyond Ondo state. We should be careful of how we rear an adder because when it grow up, it might be the one to hurt the entire family. God bless Ondo state, God bless Nigeria
Re: #ondo Poll - What Governor Mimiko Should Have Done. by BestGovernance(f): 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
The template used in Ondo will resurface in 2019 if Buhari decides to run for 2nd term. This template has been tested and trusted, welcome to one Nigeria, one party and one polar hegemony. Nigerians are in for a long ride of militocracy. There were many of Victor Olambitan that Ghana-must-go thumb printed ballot papers without been caught.
Re: #ondo Poll - What Governor Mimiko Should Have Done. by kinibigdeal(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
You are very much spot on for understanding the process
BestGovernance:
The template used in Ondo will resurface in 2019 if Buhari decides to run for 2nd term. This template has been tested and trusted, welcome to one Nigeria, one party and one polar hegemony. Nigerians are in for a long ride of militocracy. There were many of Victor Olambitan that Ghana-must-go thumb printed ballot papers without been caught.

1 Like

Re: #ondo Poll - What Governor Mimiko Should Have Done. by phemmyutd(m): 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinibigdeal:
My congratulatory message to the Governor - Elect and APC is rather a strong abhorrence to the fact that democracy is under threat. Election fraud is not only through ballot paper stuffing, changing of election results alone but through the process that led to the election proper. Ondo state and Edo state election is an acid test to the integrity of the party in power, i will however leave Nigerians to decide, if the results of the test was a successful one or a failed specimen.

However, i expected a serpent like decision from Olusegun Mimiko during the APC inflicted legal tussle between Eyitayo Jegede and the shananigian Jimoh Ibrahim. Mimiko should have done the following

1. Forget the past political supremacy intertwine between himself and Olusola Oke of AD by giving him a tactical support or forming a temporary allegiance. Infact, that would have given Olusola Oke the Central, west and south easily. When you add AD 126,889 votes plus that of PDP's 150,380 votes, you've got a total of 277,269 votes (32,427 greater votes to Akeredolu's compilation of 244,842)

2. After the appeal court and the supreme court gave their verdict's on who the rightful candidate was, bearing it in mind the duration left, i expected Governor Mimiko to back out from the election and resolve to legal battle bearing it in mind that

a. Party agents cannot be assembled within 48hrs
b. INEC is supposed to grant atleast 7days grace to submit names of party agents
c. The time left for campaign was just a day
d. INEC was already compromised by substituting Jegede's name with that of Jimoh Ibrahim after monitoring the process that led to Jegede's emergence
e. As at the day to the election, Jegede's party agents are yet to be accredited.
d. Election was supposed to be postponed based on the aforementioned

3. Organize a press conference within 24hrs, involving international, local and AU observers highlighting key issues relating to the election and stating the obvious reasons why he as no choice than to the back out from the election

4. And when he knows he will still participate in the election, he could have reach out through is media team on local radio and TV stations within the state to campaign within 24hours. Adaba Fm would have done better by reaching out to the nooks of the state.

I will conclude by saying, Mimiko might have lost the battle gallantly but the consequences of Chirocracy is beyond Ondo state. We should be careful of how we rear an adder because when it grow up, it might be the one to hurt the entire family. God bless Ondo state, God bless Nigeria

He wouldn't have done that because He is more expose and experience than you.
You think the way you type all these is how things are done?
He fully known that their problem is internal and there is nothing any outsider can do to it.

When APC were formed, and it required 90 days before they can participate in any election, All PDP control states quickly conducted LG election unopposed and nothing happened. That's why all you childish plans your put up there can't work

2 Likes

Re: #ondo Poll - What Governor Mimiko Should Have Done. by kinibigdeal(m): 12:42am On Nov 28, 2016
90days is different from 24hrs. However, What you wrote does not correlate with the subject
phemmyutd:

He wouldn't have done that because He is more expose and experience than you.
You think the way you type all these is how things are done?
He fully known that their problem is internal and there is nothing any outsider can do to it.

When APC were formed, and it required 90 days before they can participate in any election, All PDP control states quickly conducted LG election unopposed and nothing happened. That's why all you childish plans your put up there can't work

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: MMM Nigeria Crashes, Freezes Participants’ Money / . / Aisha To Dump Buhari As Okonjo-iweala,diezani Start New Political Party For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.