Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts (19854 Views)

Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by NairaMaster1(m): 9:50am On Nov 28, 2016
tolugar:
Only me abandon 3

UBA

Access

GTB

I abandoned

Acces

Ecobank

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by cloud9usher: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2016
Zenith Bank is the real deal!

I abandoned Fidelity, Eco and GTB. As for GTB, I didn't leave them as a result of poor service but because my ATM expired and I just got too busy with another bank back then so my GTB activities went dead, I will still re-activate it though.

As for Fidelity, I don't just know why but I don't fancy the bank that much, although they keep sending me little interests on my savings account though.

As for Eco, that's one of the most useless bank on earth! Jeez! From useless charges to poor service to unprofessional staff, they have it all! UBA is another bank in its category, I don't bank with them but the few times I have been there and the complains I get from friends who bank with them is appalling!

From all I read here, the culprits are Eco, First Bank, Fidelity and UBA, and if these banks are wise they should look into this for effective customer relationship management, especially the issue of incessant debit for a plethora of charges by First Bank which I read a lot of people talk about here.
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by buJu234: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2016
as at early 2010-2015 i have abt 10 bank accounts well funded with the likes of Access;FBN;UBA;FCMB;Fidelity;GTB.

as at mid 2016 till date; only 3 are operational..

The banks keep sending me several mails to come and revive it from dormancy; all those mails are jst moved into trash mail...
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:55am On Nov 28, 2016
MightyThor:
okay not too surprised at that.

Personally I have like four abandoned accounts. As I move jobs the new company insist on opening a salary account with their preferred bank. (Wetin concern me? as long as you pay me my money as at when due) so those that move jobs a lot then to accumulate bank accounts a lot.

Also silly customer care people and difficult bank rules are to blame, you may want to change your signature and the procedure for changing is more tedious than opening a new account.
Guy I will simply just open a new account and leave all the hassle for them.
@ bolded, if to say na this one I pitch tent with them oooooo. It's for your own good now.
It's for security reasons but if some matters are genuine they will look into the matter and help.
Talking from experience
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by themodernman: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
D way am planning to abandon ma UBA acct....I dash them the 1k wey dey dere.... grin

Nice smile and set of teeth...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:02am On Nov 28, 2016
agwom:

A customer, who preferred not to be named, recounted her ordeal with one of Nigeria’s leading banks, saying “My dormant bank account generated a debt which kept growing overtime, so, one must be careful.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nigerians-abandon-30m-bank-accounts/173512.html#f2r5GUdO8fr6mPY8.99
tongue dey there dey deceive yaself sey na person wey no fit maintain account go pay debt?
You borrow people our hard earned money and instead of interest you are generating debt. That one na bank? You are not serwios undecided
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by goodmorning40: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2016
I will abandon that of useless first bank a million times over. They are thievess

First bank is a useless bank
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by Chukazu: 11:06am On Nov 28, 2016
immazion:
u did transfer to another thats why dey charge u 105

then what is the benefits of cashless policy?
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by numeroune: 11:08am On Nov 28, 2016
Banks..pain in the ass than succour. God dey.
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by athorello(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2016
Only me abandoned 3
Unity Bank, my first as under g.
Union Bank, Nysc imposed and cos Ameachi and Wike refused to pay state allawee till date.
GTB, my former number and I still have soft spot for them cos they're always reminding me that they care.

Currently dealing with First bank and Fidelity. No be say I like them. I can only resolve issues with their central customer support via calls and emails.
Crypto abi soft currency ti take over. But e no go work cos of backward third world. cry grin
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by Freelancer007(m): 11:17am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmnnn
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by armadeo(m): 11:19am On Nov 28, 2016
I abandoned 3

First, Skye and UBA.

Interesting thing is I still get alerts from them. I thought the account should have been closed since I didn't offer any bvn to them.

Fraud.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by crownbryan(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2016
Everyone dream; it is good to dream, but are you deeply lost in your dream, while others chase theirs? If you are still dreaming about moving your business or school to the next level, now is the time. Click on http://www.allaboutschoolsng.com/ to secure advert space for your business or school, we make you visible across the world.
you can email us at hello@allaboutschoolsng.com or call 08177275312. IT ALLABOUTSCHOOLS!!!
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by megareal: 11:41am On Nov 28, 2016
herzernIsHere:
My UBA bank account qo don qrow "qrey hair".....

Same here o. grin
And the moro.ns keep sending me messages as if I dey ask for dem.
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
Donlamzy:
That was how I forgot I have 250,000 naira in my Gtb account, anyway they should use it for charity, I have more Dan enough grin
Lies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by DEWKID(m): 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
It won't go thru...av tried it
You mean you wanted to Help me wow thanks anyway God bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
tolugar:
Only me abandon 3

UBA

Access

GTB
If u abandoned gtb, what bank is left again. Just tell me u have zenith else I put it to u that u don't have a bank account.
However, kudos to u for dumping uba n access

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by TJMighty(m): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
D way am planning to abandon ma UBA acct....I dash them the 1k wey dey dere.... grin
I beg withdraw d@ 1k n give me or U transfer 2 me

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by TJMighty(m): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
Donlamzy:
That was how I forgot I have 250,000 naira in my Gtb account, anyway they should use it for charity, I have more Dan enough grin
I beg do me 1 favour, just giv me ur add.make I come mt U follow go d bank. Na me b Charity

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by Ohamzee: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
Donlamzy:
Uncleeeeeeee sofriiii ohhhhh. take am small small we go belief eeeyeh?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by sampsondeen(m): 5:25am On Nov 29, 2016
Donlamzy:
Bros abeg the quarter of that amount go help my ministry as a student. abeg biko!
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by speed99: 7:42am On Nov 29, 2016
Me, UBA, Access and Unity. Funny thing is access still sends me monthly accumulating bill for credit card that got expired since 2009.
Re: Nigerians Abandon 30m Bank Accounts by angelroz: 8:57am On Nov 29, 2016
invectives:
I hear GTB want to partner and create a product like MMM called GoldClub!!!!Proactive they are,others will follow suit ASAP!!!

Copy Copy Gtb. they should better maintaion their lane there. Awo iru ranu(i hope i got that right?)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Have U Won From Football Betting? / Share Your Experience On This Promo Method / Savannah Petroleum Acquires Seven Energy International Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.