Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer (1511 Views)

Major Reasons Farm Projects Of Absentee Farmer Fails (My Story) / Currently Hiring Farm Managers 150-250k/month -APPLICATION CLOSED / We Are Hiring Farm Managers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:12am On Nov 28, 2016
Any advice for absentee farmer Based abroad trying to invest in plantain farming but may only be around for harvest and replanting. Is it wise to employ farm managers
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by eph12(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
Any advice for absentee farmer Based abroad trying to invest in plantain farming but may only be around for harvest and replanting. Is it wise to employ farm managers
Yes if you can get a recommended person from someone you trust. But please treat him/her well if not you will be running on losses. My elder brother is a farm manager for an absentee farmer based in the UK. You can always ask for pictures weekly and of course weekly report consisting of physical and financial activities. Don't be too stingy o if not even the most upright can be tested.
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by alakara(m): 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:

Yes,you cant do without one.
Just get a trust worthy fellow.
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:58am On Nov 29, 2016
alakara:

Yes,you cant do without one.
Just get a trust worthy fellow.
Chei but how to find now from d abroad. Moni no de to do trial and error dis wan that recession is hyping Nigerian factor
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:59am On Nov 29, 2016
eph12:

Yes if you can get a recommended person from someone you trust. But please treat him/her well if not you will be running on losses. My elder brother is a farm manager for an absentee farmer based in the UK. You can always ask for pictures weekly and of course weekly report consisting of physical and financial activities. Don't be too stingy o if not even the most upright can be tested.
OK so it's possible cos I've seen and heard some horror stories.
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by alakara(m): 6:13am On Nov 29, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
Chei but how to find now from d abroad. Moni no de to do trial and error dis wan that recession is hyping Nigerian factor

You do your due diligence.
If you are planning to do it this dry season, you need irrigation.
Without irrigation you cant do it in dry season.
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:04am On Nov 30, 2016
alakara:

I'm actually aiming for rainy season may June
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by hasami: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2016
MIKOLOWISKA:
kindly contact 08060662897.i can manage cucumber, ugly and plantain farm

I mean ugwu(pumpkin) Cultivation
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:05am On Dec 03, 2016
alakara:

no o. I'm waiting for rainy season. Even the rainy season is hard to predict nowadays. And how many due diligence can one do from here. Even family members are scamming ppl now
Re: Are Farm Managers Worth It To Absentee Farmer by kengeorge: 2:19am On Dec 03, 2016
Oga hold your money, until you will be on groung to monitor progress, you will only lose your money. A word is enough

(1) (Reply)

Craked Palm Kernel Needed On Regular basic in Large Volum / Invest In Our Cucumber Farm At High Roi Rate / Do U Hav Young Guinea Fowl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.