Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

Poem: What Song Could We Sing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poem: What Song Could We Sing (311 Views)

Ministers Sing Birthday Song For Osinbajo During FEC Meeting (Video) / Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Ekwueme, Diya, Gowon, Ukiwe Form Choir. Sing For Nigeria / PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edo, Sing And Tear Their PDP Cards (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem: What Song Could We Sing by AyeDom(m): 10:59am On Nov 28, 2016
by Dominic Ayegba Okoliko
At fifty six, What song could we sing? When wheats are so few, And bowls hardly get their dues?
What song could we sing? When feet are feeble, And hands sag, While the mouths gape for a fill?
After five of ten and six, What song could we sing? Of a land once known as Greenland, Where birds make melodious music And the woods go down in dance, While the realms above and below Vibrate in turns with a holy hallow?
That hood has gone moody For the known has become the unknown. Seasons of bounty and bumper harvest, And of heavy eating and drinking, Are now tales told only in moonlight.
What song could we sing? Of the navigation down this fifty six? Shouldn’t it tell of gruesome sailors? And wasteful stewards? Who feed on our engine steams? And of our sowed seeds?
Ah! The song should be about The venomous hunger, And of anger in the land.
That song is of grains and greens Now going out of reach, And of milk and meat, Now exchanged for millions.
Talking about a song To raise folks out of the dead dungs; The notes Of the diatonic song of “Change” is a migraine, And folks are gallingly gasping for its antidotes.
First appeared in WRR Poetry: http://poetry.wrr.ng/what-song-could-we-sing-by-dominic-ayegba-okoliko/
Re: Poem: What Song Could We Sing by hallow: 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
Dear Nounites,
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA.
"Unnecessary implementation and misconduct of action"
This is not fair, it is high time I will like to encourage student's to post petition on all social media against the school management failure to comprehend with the necessary requirement needed for the school exams.
In this contemporary era It is more or less like passing death penalty on a soul without given trial. I think as a student and also citizens of this country we have right.
The misconduct by the action of the school management implementing unnecessary action on Tutor Marked Assignment "TMA" due to their failure in securing the school portal and all other platform that the students operate with and this which will result to mass failure this semester very certain.
The old system of operating the school were drawn by the schools management and not the students I don't see the reason why they have to newly introduce and implement the new pertain in affecting the students in there academics performance it is not done.
We have some students who has completed their tutor mark assignment "TMA", we have some students that are yet to complete there tutors mark assignments " TMA" and some that are yet to start, the point there are those that have completed their tutor mark assignments "TMA" is of no use according to the grading of the exam and I have never see that in any Institutions where they don't have test before exam. Even if the portal was being open to the stipulated time of closing we still have some students that will not complete there tutor mark assignments "TMA" but on this case the portal was closed uninformed.
I rather suggests that the school management should implement there newly system on each course that the tutor mark assignments "TMA" is not been submitted before the closed of the school portal.
I like to use this opportunity to plead with the school management's to re-consign with there strategies and implementation due to mass failure approaching this semester.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

See How Research Institute Boss Diverted N115 Million – Witness / Open Letter To All That Cares / Payment Of N5000 Stipend: Tinubu Commends Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.