Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,679 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Teen Break Her Neck In 4 Places Afta Falling From 14ft Wall Trying 2 Take Selfie - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teen Break Her Neck In 4 Places Afta Falling From 14ft Wall Trying 2 Take Selfie (1121 Views)

'This Is School Not Hotel, Keep Moving' Spotted On A School's Wall (Photos) / UNILORIN Students Take Selfie With Abdulganiy Ambali, Outgoing Vice Chancellor / Nigerian Man Graduates From A US University With 2 Degrees In 4 Years. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teen Break Her Neck In 4 Places Afta Falling From 14ft Wall Trying 2 Take Selfie by salamispycee1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
An aspiring teen jockey is determined to ride again after breaking her neck in four places and being left in a coma when she fell from a wall while trying to take a selfie.

Kelsey Bainbridge, 17, was left partially paralysed after falling backwards off the 14ft wall while trying to take the photograph.

The teenager broke her neck in four separate places, leaving a question mark over whether she would ever be able to ride a horse again.

But the battling teen hopes to overcome her disabilities from the accident two years ago with the help of a specially-designed saddle, Chronicle Live reports.

Kelsey spent almost 17 weeks in hospital following the accident.

Her left lung collapsed and she was put into an induced coma for 10 days.

Kelsey, of County Durham, said: “I’m a C5 tetraplegic incomplete, which means that my condition could get better.

“Two years later, the left side of my body is almost back to normal; I can move my head and neck, and left arm and leg fully.

“But my right side was affected much worse. I have trouble moving my arm, can’t move my hand, and have no hip or ankle movement in my right side.

“I've come a long way since the accident – the doctors said I’d have a 50/50 chance of ever walking again, so I was determined to do it.

Re: Teen Break Her Neck In 4 Places Afta Falling From 14ft Wall Trying 2 Take Selfie by laurenziz6(m): 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
White people have no problems at all so they try to create imaginary problems just to remain relevant

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

22 Tuition Fee Scholarships Offered By Universities For International Students / Choose Between Rats And Mosquitoes, Which Will You Prefer To Go Into Extinction / For Jambites | Share Questions From Your Exam You Can Remember, To Help Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.