Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) (87143 Views)

Danny Williams: Beating Mike Tyson Was A Dream Come True / Kanu Nwankwo Shared His 20 Years Ago Throwback With Arsenal / Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by signature2012(m): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
Never give up on your dream.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Orikinla(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
The power of faith.
The size of our faith is the size of our strength.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by richybanky(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hmmm, come to Nigeria and make that mouth if ASUU won't extend it to 2018 or 2019 for you grin grin

Anyway Congratulations wink

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by SirGowon(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Why is this just surfacing on here.... I've seen this like a while back
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Kayoski(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Dreams come true..

By this time next year 28th nov 2017

I will be a multi-millionaire.. And i will come back here to quote myself with proofs...

Lalasticlala hope you don here..

I am taking a screenshot of this now

#dreamscometrue
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by spidey77: 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
nice 1. U sure say u b 22? u resemble 42.....JUST SAYING SHA
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
Wow what Tb joshua could not do
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
This girl is older than 22.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
WHERE ARE NCANS??I SAY WHERE THE NCANS??meanwhile good things dont come to those who wait..chase your good things brothers and sisters..
AdoraAmadi:
At 17 years old, Nigerian born US athlete Morolake Akinosun shared a dream on Twitter that, by 2016 when she will be 22, she would graduate from a university she hadn't not chosen yet, and go to the Olympics and win a gold medal.

Five years on, all of those 3 dreams have become a reality.

This 2016, Morolake Akinosun went to the Olympics, won a gold medal and by this Saturday will graduate from The University of Texas.

The proud achiever took to Twitter to update fans on her achievement. See photo below:

The 22-year-old runner told Buzzfeed News she posted the tweet in 2011 after watching the World Championships for Track and Field.
"At the time I tweeted that out, it was more of a dream and an aspiration," she said. "I wasn't on the level yet and I didn't know for sure that I would every get there, but I for sure wanted to get there."

Ms Akinosun had forgotten about the tweet until it came up on her Timehop app.

I truly believed this was a goal of mine, and I dreamed big, and I was able to achieve my dream. I want to encourage girls to go ahead and go after it, no matter how big it is, no matter how many people think your dream is unachievable.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/us-based-nigerian-lady-goes-viral-after.html
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by junta007(f): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
Congrat
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by NaijaFutbol: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
Correct

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Worldbankceejay(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
Only came to check the name. NCAN bonny island,we are disappointed. Walks out of thread.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by solidman59(m): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
Congrats to the young girl.

To the mod(afucker) that banned me, may your days be long. My middle finger goes out to you grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
She's American...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Temmywalex: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
CONGRATULATIONS MOROLAKE AKINOSUN.

By this time 2020,

1. I will never hunt for job again.

2. I would have been an employer of labour.

3. I would have been been happily married (even though I'm still single at 31).

4. I would have been living comfortably in my own house with my happy family.

5. I would still believe that it is God that made everything possible.

5 Likes

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by kinibigdeal(m): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Let me quickly tweet my own on Nairaland. By 2019 PMB would have transformed APC supporters from level one cluelessness to hightech level 3 Zombiesm which is a dangerous stage among zombies
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Orikinla(m): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Blah Blah Blah whatever...
You should celebrate the success of others; so shall others celebrate our own success.

1 Like

Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by frisky2good(m): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Na who see real vision be dis, no be like one pastor wey we know. grin
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by kingphilip(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
adebayo201:
tribal bigots will be like... She's an Afonja...

mtcheeewwwwww
and it's the self same people like you who entertain this thoughts that's gonna spew that thrash

I'm very sure if she wasn't one that would have been your reaction

Change that mindset and attitude
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
Na God get power smiley
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
midehi2:
dream come true

my dream almost coming true, live in a comfortable home with my kids and adorable husby cool

A dream smiley
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by 4nobody4every1: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
cool
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by kechywillz(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
That ring wey dey her Belle make am resemble pórn star
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Jasperwhizz(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
Believing God for my own too.
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
who she help.............abeg watch this hilarious comedy skit jor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay7LQUDf-kM
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by midehi2(f): 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
Jengem:

Aim higher
so its not higher, my dear what you are thinking is already there, that is just the next
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Idrismusty97(m): 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
Orikinla:

You should celebrate the success of others; so shall others celebrate our own success.
No! you should do what she did instead, Go fvcking work for your success. Celebrating others success doesn't make you automatically successful, And you don't need any unknown strangers you don't give a fvck about to celebrate your success. Understand?
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by link2ok(m): 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
Congrats beauty and brain.

Let me drop this and come and be going
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Anabel(f): 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
Beauty, brains and hard work. Kudos!!
Re: Morolake Akinosun's Tweets 5 Years Ago Come True (Photos) by Wasky101: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
Shebi nah because una no get ASUU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Drogba Separates From His Wife, Lalla Diakate, After 10 Years Of Marriage / Cristiano Ronaldo's Amazing Car Collections That Will Be Flown To Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.