Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,198 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey (7887 Views)

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by emmasege: 9:37am On Nov 29, 2016
Pylony:
But she failed to encourage you and all other Nigerian to patronise a made in Nigeria "National Carrier" cos the last time i Check we have fail as a Nation, now our air space is flooded with foreign airplanes. Even with the recession many are closing shop on us. No wonder you love Ethiopian air. undecided
I'm not an IPOB, at least you can deduce that from my profile name. Please, let's give it to a performer when we see one. That woman did her best in the aviation sector and I can't think if any minister or regime that outperformed Stella and GEJ in the aviation sector since 1999. All we had before them was bogus amounts of funds allocated to the sector with nothing to show for it @ the end of the day. Funds could've been looted through airport remodelling they embarked on as well, which is typical of politicians of all divides (current regime inclusive) anyway, but then they had deliverables at the end of the day.

They couldnt have done it all. Let the current government continue from where they stopped, including the floating of a national carrier. That's how nations and economies grow, not by perpetually dwelling on past failures and apportioning blames.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 29, 2016
jaymejate:

Na ALLAH de tok?

No wonder why Nigeria ain't going forward

Sorry please, if yhu do not comprehend what it means, simply asking what I meant by saying that is OK.

Thank yhu
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by Pylony(m): 9:40am On Nov 29, 2016
The survey should serve as an eye opener for city planners else were in the country, to first consider heavy traffic as to when a city progresses into the future high population raise is possible and associated with heavy traffic hold ups if measures were not taking in planning what the population of a city should look like.

Building vehicular roads with more lanes than what we have in Lagos in other Nigerian Cities will help reduce this kind of daily hold-ups on our roads. China with the number one highest population on planet earth, has at one time had the longest know traffic hole up in history that lasted for days. And yet they built better bigger roads than even those found in many cities around the world for its many lanes.

The funny thing surrounding this survey is that, just as all other surveys that only remain on paper, our govermenet will rather love to remain in the mungo park era of planning our cities and future when it comes to future plans, it is only in Africa were you see modern cities with narrow lanes as roads simply because some one somewhere wants to pocket project money for himself and family in a swiss bank Account.
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by castel428: 9:46am On Nov 29, 2016
yea that's why Lagosians Npower volunteers can't still log into npower portal, because of too much traffic cryyea that's why Lagosians Npower volunteers can't still log into npower portal, because of too much traffic
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by jaymejate: 9:48am On Nov 29, 2016
abuayman:

Sorry please, if yhu do not comprehend what it means, simply asking what I meant by saying that is OK.

Thank yhu

You're welcome
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by ogoplus: 9:50am On Nov 29, 2016
Especially those living at Okoko,Ikotun and Ikorodu axis embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by Pylony(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2016
emmasege:
I'm not an IPOB, at least you can deduce that from my profile name. Please, let's give it to a performer when we see one. That woman did her best in the aviation sector and I can't think if any minister or regime that outperformed Stella and GEJ in the aviation sector since 1999. All we had before them was bogus amounts of funds allocated to the sector with nothing to show for it @ the end of the day. Funds could've been looted through airport remodelling they embarked on as well, which is typical of politicians of all divides (current regime inclusive) anyway, but then they had deliverables at the end of the day.

They couldnt have done it all. Let the current government continue from where they stopped, including the floating of a national carrier. That's how nations and economies grow, not by perpetually dwelling on past failures and apportioning blames.

I never made mention of you being an IPOB, rather you brought it up. Well, about stella's indeed she did a great job with the Nigerian Airports which were fix with the Nigerian Economy i'll say was ok, but i still stand on what i said before now which is on "patronage" which you sound proud of Ethiopian air and that is simply because some one with the responsibility fails to do what is right. Yes, we now have better airports than what was almost like that inherited from our colonial masters but fail to fix our National carrier. It's a thing of pride for a nation to have in place it's very own National Carrier. Which nation will have beautiful Airports with out a National carrier to its credit?
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by delanm(m): 9:59am On Nov 29, 2016
castel428:
yea that's why Lagosians Npower volunteers can't still log into npower portal, because of too much traffic cryyea that's why Lagosians Npower volunteers can't still log into npower portal, because of too much traffic
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by begreat: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2016
VictorRomanov:

If u had mortgaged ur 8-hour sleep for working more hours and making more money, i would have agreed with you. But the extra time is spend in traffic. You spend the same working 8 hours every other state spends.

If lagos is better than other states, it's cos they work smarter and with more excellency. Not because they wake up early.

You nailed it, lagosians work smarter because they work up early, and go out for their daily business. Humans tend to be more productive early in the morning
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by ayoprincz(m): 10:26am On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by junketer(m): 10:45am On Nov 29, 2016
Pylony:
But she failed to encourage you and all other Nigerian to patronise a made in Nigeria "National Carrier" cos the last time i Check we have fail as a Nation, now our air space is flooded with foreign airplanes. Even with the recession many are closing shop on us. No wonder you love Ethiopian air. undecided
which national carrier are you talking about? Do we have nigerian airways? Is it arik you want me to use? I tried the patriotic route with arik and the experience made me decide never to use arik again. Being someone who doesn't like flying, i prefer ethiopian because it flies direct to enugu which allows me to take the 45 minutes drive down to awka instead of landing in lagos and then waste a whole day in lagos traffic and then another 8 to 10 hours driving to the east. Abeg free me. Even if nigeria had a national carrier, i no go enter. I still value my life.
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by matrixme(m): 10:52am On Nov 29, 2016
begreat:

You nailed it, lagosians work smarter because they work up early, and go out for their daily business. Humans tend to be more productive early in the morning
Be deceiving yourself. Statistics show you're dying in traffic you're here congratulating yourself for working smarter. I used to be trapped in Lagos too, till my eye opened. You need to visit other cities without traffic problems and see if your smartness won't go on steroids.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by Pylony(m): 11:20am On Nov 29, 2016
junketer:
which national carrier are you talking about? Do we have nigerian airways? Is it arik you want me to use? I tried the patriotic route with arik and the experience made me decide never to use arik again. Being someone who doesn't like flying, i prefer ethiopian because it flies direct to enugu which allows me to take the 45 minutes drive down to awka instead of landing in lagos and then waste a whole day in lagos traffic and then another 8 to 10 hours driving to the east. Abeg free me. Even if nigeria had a national carrier, i no go enter. I still value my life.
ah oga you're very free to fly oo..lol. Ok, i now get it, you only have an airport in place but no any National carrier to call your own as Nation from the lady minister of airport constructions? Its like having a beautiful Nigerian Bus stop with no Nigerian Buses available on the road but many Ghanian ones to take you on a tour around the country and beyond.. Asking me if we have a carrier should have being a question for the then Lady of airport wonders who have giving you beautiful Airports across the nation but no single carrier to complete the puzzle. Well, i concur grin..

So keep patronizing Ethiopian Carrier for it's 100% safety, and since our prayers as a nation is not to have one of our own then we should keep praying for the worse.
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by Raphafire101: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2016
jaymejate:

Na ALLAH de tok?

No wonder why Nigeria ain't going forward
The Allah is just an expression, like if to say I no know u I for slap u, to God....
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by begreat: 11:45am On Nov 29, 2016
matrixme:

Be deceiving yourself. Statistics show you're dying in traffic you're here congratulating yourself for working smarter. I used to be trapped in Lagos too, till my eye opened. You need to visit other cities without traffic problems and see if your smartness won't go on steroids.

We are not dying in trafic, rather, we Aare living, " wat doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" you left lagos, probably because you are weak... lagos is for the strong, only strong men survives here in eko
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by matrixme(m): 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
begreat:

We are not dying in trafic, rather, we Aare living, " wat doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" you left lagos, probably because you are weak... lagos is for the strong, only strong men survives here in eko
You're living a delusion. You need to visit saner cities to see how much more alive you will feel. Typically Nigerian, with their "suffer and smile" mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by Mendelssohn(m): 12:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
begreat:
We have got a way out, by waking up far earlier than residents in other states, so bottom line is, " we only mortgage our supposed 8 hours sleep" yup. Logos residents still the most dedicated hustlers. I am a proud lagosian who else is proud to be?

But where gangan are you from?
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by VictorRomanov: 12:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
begreat:

U don't work smarter cos u wake early, after all u spend all ur time gained from waking early in traffic. U still get to the office 7:30am like every other person. Working smart has to with the head, mind and attitude. If there is nothing in ur head, no matter when u wake, u won't achieve anything.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by spookydee(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
if u live anywhere mainland, then it should be 5year of 10years
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by willibounce1(m): 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
It should be more than 3years
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by begreat: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
matrixme:

You're living a delusion. You need to visit saner cities to see how much more alive you will feel. Typically Nigerian, with their "suffer and smile" mentality.

Which village do you live?
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by Skie(m): 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
The Ethiopian air you people are arguing about is run like a private firm but branded with the name of the country. It's one of the the best in the world and arguably the best in Africa.

Here in Nigeria, Government will not be able to float a national carrier because of too much bureaucracy and attendant inefficiency.
If an individual decides to do something about it, he or she may or may not be allowed to use 'Nigeria' or other variants.

Any of you can go ahead to float an airline and try to use the National name. But bear in mind that it is getting more and more difficult to run an airline in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by juman(m): 12:40am On Dec 01, 2016
The traffic became more chaotic under this governor.
Re: Lagos Residents Waste Three Of 10 Years In Traffic – Planet Project's Survey by juman(m): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2016
If there is a fairly stable electricity in nigeria, population of lagos would reduce significantly.

Many people would return to their villages.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Transit Visas And Entry Visas/visa Free Countries (post Your Information Here) / Get A Denmark Greencard Visa And Secure Entry Into Other 26 Countries In Europe / Swedish Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.