Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,611 members, 7,861,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Snake Bites Rep In His Office! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Snake Bites Rep In His Office! (1065 Views)

Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Photo Of President Buhari In His Office This Morning / Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by nduchucks: 1:47am On Nov 09, 2009
A Rep member was on Friday 23 October bitten by a snake in his office. He was bitten by the snake when he went into the rest room attached to his office on the first floor of the new building to ease himself. shocked shocked shocked The cries of agony of the lawmaker attracted the attention of his aides who rushed to the scene to find the lawmaker writhing in pain.

The aides subsequently raised an alarm by quickly placing a call to a friend of the lawmaker, who heads a committee that has to do with flaring and also other members on the floor. They raced to the scene and rushed the lawmaker to an unnamed private clinic for treatment.

Efforts to kill the snake I learnt were abortive as the aides who were shocked into perplexity watched helpless as the snake made good its escape. cheesy cheesy cheesy It was speculated that the snake may have come from the foliage surrounding the NASS complex and may have climbed the wall of the new building during the night and ensconced itself in the comfort of the lawmaker’s toilet. But this hypothesis was quickly discarded as the outer wall of the new wing is covered with ceramics.

The strange incident has not only raised the blood level of the few lawmakers in the new building who learnt about it, but has also set tongues wagging on its mysterious nature of the perplexing occurrence. Many were quick to ascribe a spiritual dimension to the happenstance saying that there was more to the incident than meets the eye.

A female lawmaker who reacted to the story said: "How can a snake be found on the first floor of a place like the new building that is always spic and span? We are talking about first floor and not ground floor o. If it were to have been the ground floor, I would have said: maybe; but first floor? My brother, the lawmaker should check himself!" According to a source, there had been spirited efforts to hush up the incident because "people may read a wrong meaning to it."

Though the Chief Medical Director of the NASS clinic, Mrs. Precious Udobong was not in her office when I visited, other nurses and pharmacists I spoke with confirmed that the Rep member was not brought to the clinic for first aid after the incident. Sources however claim that the lawmaker is now in a stable condition.

Source: The Nation

i sure say dem go soon rush de lawmaker overseas for treatment. me i tink say na otumokpo snake be dat. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by donjon: 8:31am On Nov 09, 2009
How i wish say na anaconda?
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by saintneo(m): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2009
donjon:

How i wish say na anaconda?

lol!
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by bibiking1(m): 10:27am On Nov 09, 2009
The opposition want to collect his seat. It is time to return to traditional ways of election winning
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by honeric01(m): 10:28am On Nov 09, 2009
Where did you get the news from?
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by jamace(m): 11:36am On Nov 09, 2009
There are many ways to kill a rat, so also, there are many ways to deal with an opponent who out- rigged his way in an election to a post. I love Naija. grin grin
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by nduchucks: 12:02pm On Nov 09, 2009
honeric01:

Where did you get the news from?

you tink say i get time to manufacture dis kind tory? you no believe me, but when ibori tell una say him no give ribadu N15million una go give am benefit of de doubt.

Anyway see de link for here
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by SEFAGO(m): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2009
The snake is vexed at all the problems in nigeria undecided, No electricity, how will the snake find food to chop?
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by bibiking1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ok! I go for the 'frustrated snake' theory. It seems the only plausible reason for now, and adds a little comic relief to an otherwise tragic event
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by honeric01(m): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2009
ndu_chucks:

you tink say i get time to manufacture dis kind tory? you no believe me, but when ibori tell una say him no give ribadu N15million una go give am benefit of de doubt.

Anyway see de link for here

why should i believe you without any source? what reputation do you have on nairaland that warrants instant acceptance from you?
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by Beaf: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2009
The snake could only have come in through the plumbing.

How I wish it had forever rendered the man's "bazooka" worthless to other peoples daughters (notably undergraduate babes). cool cool cool
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by nduchucks: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2009
honeric01:

why should i believe you without any source? what reputation do you have on nairaland that warrants instant acceptance from you?

you for at least give me de kind benefit of de doubt wey una dey give ibori na. for ya information, even newspaper reporters dey manufacture stories and you dey better off to believe me in many cases than de corrupt journalists wey dey for naija.

wettin person fit gain to start thread wey talk say snake bite Rep?

if na mischief i wan start, i for start rumours about that notorious poster wey dem dey call beaf! smiley
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by Beaf: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2009
ndu_chucks:

you for at least give me de kind benefit of de doubt wey una dey give ibori na. for ya information, even newspaper reporters dey manufacture stories and you dey better off to believe me in many cases than de corrupt journalists wey dey for naija.

if na mischief i wan start, i for start rumours about that notorious poster wey dem dey call beaf! smiley
shocked

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against IBB, Abacha, OBJ and ndu_chucks wink grin
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by honeric01(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Can you make something good out of this? i mean, can you re-right this? its confusing
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by platinumnk(f): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2009
somebody put that snake there

and snakes dont attack unless its disturbed, they like to move out the way and run away from you.

somebody picked that snake from its habitat and put it there, agitating the snake and he bit the man lipsrsealed
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by tamme: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2009
;d
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by nduchucks: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2009
honeric01:

Can you make something good out of this? i mean, can you re-right this? its confusing

de ting wey i mean be say, you for give me benefit of de doubt. anyway, no yawa. as you read my responses to you, just know say, many of de responses, na tongue-in-cheek. smiley

make you forget my reference to beaf, de man be extremist wannabe.
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by lawrence83: 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :
shocked shocked
shocked shocked : o
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by MrCrackles(m): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2009
Topic. . .
shocked grin
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by Beaf: 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2009
ndu_chucks:

de ting wey i mean be say, you for give me benefit of de doubt. anyway, no yawa. as you read my responses to you, just know say, many of de responses, na tongue-in-cheek. smiley

ndu_chucks, check your shoe well well before you put your toe.
I don send 3 xmas cobra's + 1 black mamba grin

Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by platinumnk(f): 7:32pm On Nov 09, 2009
Beaf:

ndu_chucks, check your shoe well well before you put your toe.
I don send 3 xmas cobra's + 1 black mamba grin

laugh wont kill me die grin grin grin grin
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by nduchucks: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2009
@beaf cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by Fhemmmy: 9:29pm On Nov 09, 2009
Rep . . . beware
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by honeric01(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2009
ndu_chucks:

lol, i hia u
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by pcicero(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2009
It's a punishment for his sins. Remember how snakes were biting the Israelites in the wilderness as a result of their sins to God. This is a wake up call to repentance for all our leaders. Repent or perish!
Re: Snake Bites Rep In His Office! by ud4u: 1:58pm On Nov 10, 2009
This is a warning bite but I don't know the source, in Nigeria every thing is possible more especially when your hands are not clean.

(1) (Reply)

Chief Remi Fani-kayode: The Facts And Not The Fiction / Jos Massacre In Pix And Film / I Am Sorry Says Jang.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.