Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! (7695 Views)

How To Open A Bitcoin Account In Nigeria And Make Money / How I Make 2% ROI Daily From My Bitcoin Investment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by EmekaEmeruwa: 8:03am On Feb 19, 2017
my bro the same thing happened to me I lost $100 to unknown hacker's.up till now my wallet is still empty.so bro I advice u not to make use of that wallet again if u are still interested in btc open a new wallet and follow the security advice our friends here has just dropped...sorry bro life goes on.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by alezzy13: 11:43am On Feb 19, 2017
isrena:
go to preferences

Thanks a lot!!! One really learns everyday. Just activated mine.

1 Like

Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by alezzy13: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2017
abbeyman1798:
Hello Everyone,

There is a blockchain hack going on. If u get a mail that ur blockchain wallet will soon be blocked due to technical services and request you to click on confirm to login to your wallet,

The mail is created with the blockchain logo and color to deceive many blockchain users.

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON IT. PLS DO NOT ENTER UR WALLET ID AND PASSWORD ON THAT SITE.

IT IS A REDIRECT SITE TO STEAL UR DETAILS AND HACK UR ACCOUNT!

First of all Blockchain will never send u a mail from blockchain.com

Their website is always blockchain.info

Secondly the site has no HTTPS on it so ur information is at risk!

3. Blockchain will never send u a maintenance mail for any reason and ask u to enter ur details.

This is a ploy by hackers to steal ur Bitcoins. So please do not click on any link in such a mail.

Pls forward this message to all groups and Bitcoin users to help keep their Bitcoins safe.

Be on the alert. Hackers are developing something new everyday.

Save ur money and be your brother's keeper. Send to everyone on ur list or groups that use Bitcoin so they don't fall into this trap.

Blockchain.info

NA wa oo. these guys don carry thier witch enter bitcoin. With the way its rising you can be sure the hacker will become more desperate.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by bjtinz: 6:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
alezzy13:
Hi I have 2 questions:

Which one is second password?

secondly I used my phone number as my 2FA. is it okay? or must it be GA?

thanks in advance

DO NOT use your phone number as 2FA. Reasons
1. It relies on network availability so if there's interruption you can't log in.
2.if phone is stolen, you lose access until u recover the line.
3.anyone with access to ur phone can get into ur account
4. Its relatively easy to hack.

its better you go for app based: GA or authy
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
engrrichie92:
Hallo house,

woke up this morning to find my bitcoin account empty when as at last night it was over 500 dollars

checked my transaction history and realise my funds were moved to an unknown bitcoin address

and i didnt get mail to authorize any login as i used to either

Has this happened to anybody before ?..is it recoverable or have i just lost over 500 dollars worth of bitcoin to hackers just like that?
thought they said the site was secure
Bitcoin experts in the house
Your response on this would be highly appreciated

Sorry sir for the hack, check my signature for my number, I sell offline wallets for storage of bitcoin. Bitmama
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by sherifhflo: 10:45pm On Feb 20, 2017
engrrichie92:
Hallo house,

woke up this morning to find my bitcoin account empty when as at last night it was over 500 dollars

checked my transaction history and realise my funds were moved to an unknown bitcoin address

Has this happened to anybody before ?..is it recoverable or have i just lost over 500 dollars worth of bitcoin to hackers just like that?

Yes... it happened to me. I was devastated. I am yet to recover from the loss. I lost about 0.33btc. The hacker wiped my assignment clean. I have since enabled my Google authenticator. I think mine came from yahoo email hacking that happened recently.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by victor247: 9:17am On Apr 27, 2017
sats:

i am not experiencing that, blockchain is working perfectly well, no issues whatsoever
2FA enabled
second password enabled
grin

Hi, kindly state the importance of enabling second password.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by pgutierrez1947: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
A must share from Paxful where I trade my bitcoins

https://blog.paxful.com/en/keep-bitcoin-wallet-safe/
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by 2shure: 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2017
help
my 2fa code has not arrived my phone since wednesday.
i use mtn
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by ev4real(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2017
2shure:
help
i use mtn
Its either network or your mtn line don't receive bulksms due to DND issue. If you try it again and it doesn't come try and change your phone number to an airtel line.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by ev4real(m): 6:15pm On Nov 17, 2017
victor247:

Hi, kindly state the importance of enabling second password.
Without the second password your funds can't be sent out that's after you must have logged into your account.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by 2shure: 6:19pm On Nov 17, 2017
i have tried every.it wont come.since on wednesday..why is it taking ao long.i cannot login if i dont onput the 2fa code.
or is my acct hacked
ev4real:

Its either network or your mtn line don't receive bulksms due to DND issue. If you try it again and it doesn't come try and change your phone number to an airtel line.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by 2shure: 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2017
what can i do
as without the 2fa code
i cannot login.
im so deprrssed now
ev4real:

Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by ev4real(m): 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
2shure:
what can i do
as without the 2fa code
i cannot login.
im so deprrssed now
Don't be please, send a mail to blockchain and explain to them the problem you're currently facing and also tell them to remove the 2FA from the account. It should be resolved within 1 week.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by Cyrilon: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2017
Please is it OK to use GA to protect my wallet on blockchain.info. Am asking because I want to use it but someone now told me that GA doesn't work perfectly well on blockchain wallet. Please has anyone experienced any problem in using it.
Thank in advance
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by xremmys: 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Tundenoni:

chai!
WAHALA dey be that...

please someone should come to my rescue.
my Btc is hanging.

because of the high demand for bitcoins, the transaction fees have gone up and how fast your transaction is completed depends on the transaction fees you pay, the miners choose transactions with the highest transaction fees and then gradually move down the pool. so just be patient you will get your bitcoins eventually

1 Like

Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by xremmys: 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Cyrilon:
Please is it OK to use GA to protect my wallet on blockchain.info. Am asking because I want to use it but someone now told me that GA doesn't work perfectly well on blockchain wallet. Please has anyone experienced any problem in using it.
Thank in advance

it is ok to use google authenticator. the person probably doesnt know how to use it.
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by xremmys: 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
2shure:
help
i use mtn

i had that problem too with my mtn line, had to change to etisalat. i dont know which wallet you use but i use coinbase and i was able to change my 2fa number even though it was quite tedious
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by xremmys: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
Olawaleolamide32:
Pls Help I Can't Login 2my Blockchain Acc...It Keeps Sayin(unable to establish session...pls what wrong?

they are probably doing an upgrade
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by Cyrilon: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2017
xremmys:

it is ok to use google authenticator. the person probably doesnt know how to use it.

OK. Thanks
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by obajoey(m): 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
Also be mindful of any redirect to this site blockchlain.info
it is blockchain.info
Re: Help..my Bitcoin Account (blockchain.info) Has Just Been Hacked! by SeunDobo(m): 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
engrrichie92:
Hallo house,

My brother you can't recover it again ... My liberty reserve account was hacked 2012 and I email and call but can't get it back

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Time Free Forex Trading Signals For Better Profit / Invest #1000 And Earn #40000 / Lcredit Loan App Removed From Playstore By Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.