Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,397 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United (1089 Views)

Lionel Messi Wants Neymar To Follow Him To Manchester City / Jose Mourinho Wants To Return To Management In The Summer / Mikel Obi To Return To To Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by bioemmy: 4:32am On Nov 29, 2016
The Manchester United manager is reportedly
willing to bring Chelsea's Mikel Obi to Old Trafford,
and could make a move in January.

The Nigerian midfielder signed for Mourinho's
Chelsea back in 2006 amidst controversy involving
Manchester United, his former team Lyn Oslo and
agent John Shittu.

The then 19 year old midfielder who had signed for
Manchester United claimed he signed for United
under duress and latter claimed wanted to move to
Chelsea. The issue was settled and the player
moved to London.

The midfielder is however facing thought times at
the London club as he is yet to feature under new
manager Antonio Conte this season, and Mourinho
is looking at exploiting his current situation at the
club.

According to The Sun, Chelsea are unwilling to
extend Mikel's contract which runs out at the end
of the season and Mourinho could get the player
for cheap in January, few months before he
becomes available for free.

Mikel is one of the few players that have survived
and thrived under all mangers that have managed
the London club since his arrival a decade ago
but it appears his stay at Chelsea is coming to an
end.

Source: www.mufcmetro.com/2016/11/mourinho-interested-in-chelsea-outcast.html?m=1
Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by AntiWailer: 5:29am On Nov 29, 2016
That will never happen.

Speculations is built around players and their agent so their current club will sit tight.

Mikel abused Mourinho after he left and I am 100% sure they can never work together.
Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 29, 2016
I just hope it ain't a stale news but if it's not, then that would be a good move by Mourinho.

Mikel has the quality and depth to keep Manchester United hope of chasing the EPL title strong and alive. He is big, strong and reliable. He is amongst the best DMF in the world. He can mark tightly, break up the opposition play, build up attack from the back, shield the midfield, take off pressure from his team mate by keeping possession, positioning discipline, help his team mate keep possession by his top notch passes, shield the back four and stabilize the midfield. He can be the unsung hero by sacrificing for the team.

If the deal goes through, Nigerians will forget his exploits and start singing the praise of Pogba as he will be free to express his self in the heart of Manchester United midfield.

Quality is not something you easily get in the Market.
Mikel is tested and proven.

2 Likes

Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by Teacher1776(m): 6:22am On Nov 29, 2016
If indeed such an opportunity presents itself, I urge Mikel to grab it with both hands. His performances at the Olympic and the super eagle world cup qualifiers clearly shows he still possess some quality. Conte is simply disrespecting the guy by keeping off the team list.
Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 29, 2016
Mikel is a short one.
Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by lakesidepapa(m): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2016
bioemmy:
The Manchester United manager is reportedly
willing to bring Chelsea's Mikel Obi to Old Trafford,
and could make a move in January.

The Nigerian midfielder signed for Mourinho's
Chelsea back in 2006 amidst controversy involving
Manchester United, his former team Lyn Oslo and
agent John Shittu.

The then 19 year old midfielder who had signed for
Manchester United claimed he signed for United
under duress and latter claimed wanted to move to
Chelsea. The issue was settled and the player
moved to London.

The midfielder is however facing thought times at
the London club as he is yet to feature under new
manager Antonio Conte this season, and Mourinho
is looking at exploiting his current situation at the
club.

According to The Sun, Chelsea are unwilling to
extend Mikel's contract which runs out at the end
of the season and Mourinho could get the player
for cheap in January, few months before he
becomes available for free.

Mikel is one of the few players that have survived
and thrived under all mangers that have managed
the London club since his arrival a decade ago
but it appears his stay at Chelsea is coming to an
end.

Source: www.mufcmetro.com/2016/11/mourinho-interested-in-chelsea-outcast.html?m=1

FALSE.! Hungry blogger.
Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by Kog45(m): 8:49am On Nov 29, 2016
comshots:
Mikel is a short one.
We are always ready for hater like u.Pls which one is short one again?
Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by bioemmy: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2016
@ lakesidepapa I'm not hungry, and the source is a British publication.

I am a Manchester United fan, and I know the probability of the move is very low, but in football, never say never.
Re: José Mourinho Wants To Bring Mikel Obi To Manchester United by lakesidepapa(m): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2016
bioemmy:
@ lakesidepapa I'm not hungry, and the source is a British publication.

I am a Manchester United fan, and I know the probability of the move is very low, but in football, never say never.

Sorry for the insult, I just confirmed the news on chelsea website but not certain. Very sorry.!

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Fan Arrested For Stealing While Celebrating Premier League Win (photos) / What????? Another Versatile Midfielder Set Out Of Chelsea After Matic Departure / Why We Opened Bet On Buhari’s Return – Naija Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.