Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Donald Trump Urges Ambassadors To Investigate Hillary Clinton - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Urges Ambassadors To Investigate Hillary Clinton (470 Views)

Macron Urges Iran To Avoid ‘escalation’, Voices ‘solidarity’ With US / Obama And Hillary Clinton Called Out Over Sri Lanka Church Bombings / Donald Trump Leads Hillary Clinton In USA Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Urges Ambassadors To Investigate Hillary Clinton by Bsc(m): 5:29am On Nov 29, 2016
During the US election race, Trump insisted if he got elected, he would hire a special prosecutor to investigate Clinton’s emails and the operations of the Clinton Foundation.

The hotelier businessman often criticised Clinton’s “sleazy” campaign and regularly led chants of “lock her up, lock her up” at rallies.

But after winning the election, the Republican billionaire appeared to backtrack on his promises, telling CBS he would “think about it” as he was more interested in focusing on healthcare, job creation and other pressing political matters.

Now, in what appears to be an effort to honour his promise while nevertheless maintaining a focus on domestic affairs, the incoming President is urging US ambassadors to encourage foreign governments to carry out investigations.

Trump is particularly keen to see probes launched in Haiti and Columbia - two countries that have been connected to allegedly shady operations of the Clinton Foundation.

A source close to Trump said: “Haiti and Columbia will be key diplomatic posts for this because of all the money involved.”

The Clinton Foundation Foundation is under scrutiny over claims it carried out charity work in Columbia with an ulterior motive.

It is alleged the foundation cleared large swathes of land, which were later reportedly sold to one of the Foundation’s key donors, Canadian mining magnate Frank Giustra, who pledged $100million to the Foundation in 2005.

Watchdogs are currently investigating the Foundation based on these claims.

Critics of the Foundation claim it operated “pay-to-play” arrangements to foreign donors, accepting funds in exchange for favourable US government policies.

Since Trump stormed to victory in the US election, several foreign governments including France, Australia and Norway, have taken the decision to cut or scale back links with the Foundation.

Source http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/737629/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-investigation-foreign-governments-ambassadors-haiti-columbia

Re: Donald Trump Urges Ambassadors To Investigate Hillary Clinton by AntiWailer: 5:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Because Clinton's campaign supported vote recount by the liberals..

That is his way of getting back at her even after saying "I dnt want to hurt the Clinton's because they are good people"

Americans voted a toddler

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump Urges Ambassadors To Investigate Hillary Clinton by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 29, 2016
AntiWailer:
Because Clinton's campaign supported vote recount by the liberals..

That is his way of getting back at her even after saying "I dnt want to hurt the Clinton's because they are good people"

Americans voted a toddler

the toddler in this case is hillary. I don't why accepting defeat is difficult for her. during the debate, when DT said he's going to look at the results if the election outcome was against him, she called DT a threat to democracy. Who's the threat to democracy now?
I never liked hillary from the onset. She can say and do anything for power. Donald Trump shouldn't spare her

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Trump Urges Ambassadors To Investigate Hillary Clinton by AntiWailer: 6:26am On Nov 29, 2016
mikezuruki:

the toddler in this case is hillary. I don't why accepting defeat is difficult for her. during the debate, when DT said he's going to look at the results if the election outcome was against him, she called DT a threat to democracy. Who's the threat to democracy now?
I never liked hillary from the onset. She can say and do anything for power. Donald Trump shouldn't spare her

So since Donald Trump did not accept outcome during debate. Why didn't he reject the result of the election ?

Trump and his supporters reason same way. I am not surprised.

(1) (Reply)

More Than 200 People Arrested As Inauguration Protests Turn Violent / Gambia:breaking News:President Adama Barrow Says He's Going To Appoint Female VP / Mexico Was Second Deadliest Country In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.