Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi (490 Views)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC / FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi by Oloyenews: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2016
FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi

The Corps Marshall of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Boboye Oyeyemi, has cried out to the Joint Tax Board (JTB) to facilitate the payment of over N700 million owed it by various states in the country.

He also said the commission was tinkering with the idea of increasing the cost of procuring the driver’s licence and vehicle plate number, stressing that the current rate of N6,000 and N12,000 for both items respectively, was no longer sustainable judging from the hike in operational cost.

Speaking at the 136th meeting of the JTB held in Abuja yesterday, the Corps Marshall said the debt was crippling its operations nationwide, adding that its running cost keeps swelling as many states have failed to supply generators to the FRSC offices where vehicle plate number plates and drivers licence are procured.

He however hailed some states like Anambra and Delta for offsetting their debt, even as he urged others to toe the same path.
“FRSC is owed N700 million. I’ve written to the JTB. We need this money badly because it’s hurting our operations. Some states have credit balance of millions. We offer credit facilities but paying for service rendered is now very key.

I hope the JTB intervenes”, he said. On the plate number and driver’s licence, Oyeyemi said the FRSC was spending much more to produce the two items due to recession, a development that is forcing the commission to push for an increase in the cost of procuring them.

“N6,000 to get a driver’s licence and N12,000 for vehicle plate number is too poor. We are spending so much to produce them. I’m running over 200 in stations across the country. I shouldn’t be providing that. The states should.

“When I came in last year, the popular Mikano generator was N1.5 million, now it’s N3.8 million. Only Kwara State provided a generator. Majority of the states defaulted in providing that.

All states should have secured offices. They should own these stations and I want to relocate workstations there. I want to stamp out corruption. Enough is enough.
Continue Reading>>>>http://www.oloyenews.com/frsc-to-raise-drivers-licence-number-plates-fees-oyeyemi/

Re: FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi by Atiku2019: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2016
cry cry cry cry

As an Atiku Loyalist since 2007 all I can say now is GEJ We are so Sorry cry cry

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi by PaulIdu: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2016
GEJ I and my family are sorry ..O never thought I would say such a stupid sounding thing but I just did
Re: FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 29, 2016
Firstly,buhari policy on dollar and ban of foreign items created inflation.Secondly,Driver License is not #6k.It is between #15k for a new applicant and #12k for a renewal.An applicant cannot download the form and print by himself except he go through Vio, frsc and it agent who have the password to do it.Even if the applicant manages to print by himself,he will face hurdles from these officials.They will frustrate him to the extent that he will spend more than he wish.The frsc will stamp his photocopy printout and give him 5 month ahead to come for data capture,saying there is no Network.If he is able to bribe one of the official like #2k.He will be ask to come the next day for data capture.The same goes to Vio when they want him to recite the traffic rules.If he misses one,he will be ask to come back in 3 weeks.If he can bribe them,his form will be pass.Corruption is very much existing under Buhari.
Re: FRSC To Raise Driver’s Licence, Number Plate’s Fees – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2016
I still believe #6k for a driver license is too expensive.How much does a computer service center charge for an ID card?Is it no #500 to #1000?

(1) (Reply)

Monorail: Uncommon Transport System In African Countries. / 2001 Honda Accord Auto Transmission Slips And Jerks / Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.