Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Redundancy: Implications? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Redundancy: Implications? (3140 Views)

IQ Test- This Post Has Virus Implications, Dont Click O, FVCK!! / Job Lost And Redundancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redundancy: Implications? by Liss: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2009
There is currently a redundancy exercise going on in my Organisation, people come to work and are simply shown the door under the guise of
" Redundancy".
Any idea what implication being rendered redundant is? As in, do organisations hire people rendered redundant or just like terminations or dismissals, they think you did something horrible that got you redundant. (I hate that word) angry

Would love input from everyone who has a knowledge on what redundancy does to a person's carreer.
Re: Redundancy: Implications? by jaybee3(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2009
Redundancy is way different from being fired (sacked).
Re: Redundancy: Implications? by Liss: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2009
How so is what I really want to know. Any particular implications to it?
Re: Redundancy: Implications? by yemmight(m): 11:30am On Nov 09, 2009
Lets define Redundancy accoding Nigerian Labour Act to enable evryone understand:

Redundancy, as defined by the Labour Act, is the involuntary and permanent loss of employment caused by an excess in manpower.

The Labour Act stipulates that an employer is under obligation to give redundancy payments to those who are made redundant as a result of any necessary downsizing. In a nutshel, it does not mean such persons re underperming. So many companies went underground reccently as a result of global mentdown and staff in such companies are made redundant.

The Labour Act also stipulates that redundancy payment be given to employees who are made redundant as a result of any necessary downsizing.
100% of Annual Gross (Govt Option)
Re: Redundancy: Implications? by Liss: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2009
Are you saying that there are no implications whatsoever of being rendered redundant? Especially in the eyes of the potential new employers?
I understand the whole role about the Labour Law's view on redundancy but I am somewhat skeptical about how the potential new employers would view the candidate who was rendered redundant at his old place of work.

(1) (Reply)

Paint Production Training With Flex And Satin Paint / Free Youth Empowerment Programme Powered By Coca Cola / Career path, Learn Graphic Design Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.