Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,094 members, 7,863,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

5 Signs You Are A Chief Tenant - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Signs You Are A Chief Tenant (647 Views)

Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) / Chief Tenant Award .....surely This Is Not For You. You Deserve Your Own House / 5 Signs You Are A Chief Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs You Are A Chief Tenant by PortableAngel: 1:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
You Have Become the Chief Tenant
If you live in a place like Lagos, it is very easy to become a chief tenant. A chief tenant is somebody who has stayed in a house long enough to attain the position of an unpaid caretaker. He knows how to collect cleaning money, electrician money and dues for the landlord from all the other tenants. Yet, he still pays rent. He is the one they call upon in the house when there is an emergency. Everybody on the street knows him. He represents the landlord at functions and he is not the landlord. Most times, people attain the position of chief tenants unconsciously. It starts with helping Baba Landlord collect money for LAWMA. Then it graduates to other phases. Some things are common about chief tenants. Below are the top 5 traits:

You are In Charge of Paying NEPA bills for the House
I am not trying to insult anyone, but the truth is, most chief tenants do not have a defined job. Most of the time, while some of them are craftsmen, others are totally jobless. Thus, it is easy to see that they are usually at the helm of affairs in the house. They collect NEPA bills from all the tenants and go to the bank to deposit it.

They can decide to spend the money at times. In fact, most times. Especially when the landlord does not stay in the house. The secret only gets revealed when NEPA cuts the light. Also, one of the secrets of chief tenants is that they unplug the light from the centre switch at times to collect money from other tenants to fix it back. After collecting the money, they fix the light back and spend the money. So if you are in this category, then, you are a chief tenant.

The Landlord is Your Best Friend
Most chief tenants have the landlords support. They are the reporters that gossip everyone’s matter with the landlord. They are always the first to hear gist of people’s challenges. Their ears are always on the wall. They try to build a bond with the landlord so that he won’t collect rent from them, but he still does that. Baba landlord will collect his money complete. If you are also in this category, you are a chief tenant.

Other Tenants Insult You
Because of the depth of the relationship that chief tenant has with baba landlord, he comes in constant conflict with the other tenants. They don’t like him and he doesn't care. He’s always fighting everyone, and in the course of the fighting, they refer to him as a chief tenant, who will never build his own house.

Read More: https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/5-signs-you-are-a-chief-tenant/?utm_source=nairaland&utm_campaign=nairaland_29_11_2016&utm_medium=blog

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs You Are A Chief Tenant by Islamicpope(m): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Chief tenants everywhere. Interesting I luv dis topic. I have in my compound currently acting over board.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs You Are A Chief Tenant by kulobyno: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
This is so true about oga Tony my chief tenant but if I mention this to him my freedom after speech is not guaranteed.
Re: 5 Signs You Are A Chief Tenant by PortableAngel: 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
kulobyno:
This is so true about oga Tony my chief tenant but if I mention this to him my freedom after speech is not guaranteed.

lol. You can write the names of your chief tenants here

(1) (Reply)

Freshly Constructed Two Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Ikorodu. / Properties For Sale And To Let In Lekki, Oniru, VI, Ikate,ikoyi And Environs / Open Heaven Estate Phase2 Is The Cure To Earthly Dryness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.