Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,209 members, 7,836,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate (22410 Views)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / You Can Now Renew You Driver's Licence Without Going For Capturing - FRSC / Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by bobochem: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Poisonous change

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by SycophanticGoat: 4:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lilimax:

Amen.
Little wonder they wan die on top of MMM wey dey help the common man embarassed

MMM activist.. I site you ma'am! wink

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by SycophanticGoat: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
bobochem:
Poisonous change

If it's just poisonous then it's manageable na. This one pass poison tho..
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
So they need money to cover their running cost yet i see this "Meanwhile, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) yesterday, November 23 approved the purchase of vehicles worth N464 million for the FRSC"
are u kidding me? so procuring vehicles are actually more important than providing money to cover costs of FRSC. its just so incredible the things this govt considers as a priority.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Aadeyinka(m): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
egojiokwu:
More are still coming as they want to increase price for data starting from December. This time is the worst in Nigerian history.
it is a fake news that FRSC gave driven license for N6,000 because i got mine N16,000

3 Likes

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by SycophanticGoat: 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
MrMcJay:
[size=16pt]Steal from one person and you're a criminal.

Steal from everyone and you're a government.
[/size]
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Duru009(m): 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2016
Buhari has finish us.. ...
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Bahddo(m): 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
God... If you truly exist, please save Nigerians from the hands of Buhari and his cohorts. I know we deserve it, but please, do something abeg. The suffering of 180 million confused souls should matter to you.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by omogidi234(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
This their JTB meeting, they agreed on so many far reaching decisions oh! Where is Keyamo and Falana? They need to file actions against these people Asap, this one that Oga Fred Agabaje is gone. NCC, FIRS, FRSC, NIS- they are all looking for more ways to rip Nigerians off and it is not that they would improve on those services oh!
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by physise(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Data plan price increase and now this
Naija which way.. Why una vote for Buhari self undecided
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by 2n2k(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
vodutive:
foolish man, you need more than $20 to print driving license, $40 for paint and aluminum for number plate? if your costs are too high then look inward at where you can cut down waste and inefficiencies.

The fees from driver license and number plate majorly belong to the states as a form of revenue. Frsc only take a part to cover the cost of producing them on behalf of the states.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by akaahs(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:
God save us.

Please anyone with the idea of getting work permit in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Estonia, or Latvia
pls bros if u got any information about any of those country u let me know.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by megareal: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
Aadeyinka:
it is a fake news that FRSC gave driven license for N6,000 because i got mine N16,000

True. I got mine for 17k. The thieves have been robbing us blind since.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Bluesearoll(m): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
MAKE DEM KUKU KILL US NOW, first data price now this?..... There is God oooooooo
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by TaiKuun(m): 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
<!doc type html>
<html>
<head></head>
<h3> Buhari is a bastard, get rid of him asap </h3>
</html>
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
2n2k:

The fees from driver license and number plate majorly belong to the states as a form of revenue. Frsc only take a part to cover the cost of producing them on behalf of the states.

it doesn't matter who is producing it, you and i Know nowhere in the world does the plastic license you and I have cost $20 to produce, nor does it cost $40 to stamp and paint a 12" X 6" piece of aluminum. If it costs that much it is because whoever is producing it for them has inflated the contract to accommodate the kickbacks some people are collecting.

You talk as if you don't know the kind of theives you are dealing with

One EX-FRSC boss just finished contesting election, you won't ask where he got money to campaign!!

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by ndcide(m): 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2016
If we talk some people go say na GEJ cause am.

Besides, people don't pay 6k for licence. No be Nigeria. It's, 12k and above
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by brightology3: 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Adegbenro7643:
Must everytin get hiked? Considering all dez happenings, I'm afraid we would stil b taxed 4 d renewal of citizenshipcheesy. But, y do I stil strongly hope dat PMB wil deliver cool?

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Explorers(m): 5:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
rhektor:

grin grin grin

No lele you are free to go anywhere I'm just joking. Who is not even tired of the state of things in the country?

May God help us o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Seeker2014: 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
When are we lighting these people up? They lied. They never loved us.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by gloryman91: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2016
These are some of the theivies in Buhari government.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
worlexy:
Removal of subsidy, skyrocketed prices of goods in the market, phone call tax, data tax, PAYE tax and now increment in Drivers license and plate number. They should kuku kill us
U still believe that scam of the FG removing subsidy ? ?
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
2n2k:

Rreason why they should have no biz in production of Licence plates and driving licence
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
@ Brightology cool, am xori baba. I can't jxt help it ni. Would u b so kind enof 2 tell me ow u were able 2 quit smokin ds shitcheesy?
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by 4everGrand(m): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2016
Seems this govt wants to implode, from all indications.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by worlexy(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
erico2k2:

U still believe that scam of the FG removing subsidy ? ?
whether it's subsidy removal or whatsoever they call it, all I know is that I was buying fuel at N87/L before and I'm buying at N145/L now.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by armadeo(m): 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2016
Explorers:
God save us.

Please anyone with the idea of getting work permit in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Estonia, or Latvia

Et tu explorers. You too want to flee this reccesion. Brother you are going nowhere. We are in this together.

Pm me if you get the details you asked for let me confirm it and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by redsceptic: 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by ceejay80s(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Na by force to drive car?
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by gfullmoon(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Driving Licence cost between 10-14k, if it is 6k Nigerians have never gotten it so may be except FRSC officials and cronies.
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by kechywillz(m): 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
This man is the worst president to ever Govern Nigeria how did that clueless illiterate get their at the first place angry
Re: FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate by 2n2k(m): 7:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
vodutive:

it doesn't matter who is producing it, you and i Know nowhere in the world does the plastic license you and I have cost $20 to produce, nor does it cost $40 to stamp and paint a 12" X 6" piece of aluminum. If it costs that much it is because whoever is producing it for them has inflated the contract to accommodate the kickbacks some people are collecting.

You talk as if you don't know the kind of theives you are dealing with

One EX-FRSC boss just finished contesting election, you won't ask where he got money to campaign!!

You didn't get my explanation. What you are being charged is not the cost of production. The fees are revenue to government and form part of the IGR of state governments. The fees are fixed by the Joint Tax Board (comprising the federal inland Revenue service, customs, frsc and states boards of internal revenue). Frsc is only reimbursed the cost of production while the rest goes to states as revenue.

Note that lagos state government produces number plates for lagos relying on 1999 constitutional provisions and was unsuccessfully challenged by frsc (because of the commission it loses) relying on the 1986 decree that set it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 World Car Of The Year Top Three Announced In Geneva Auto Show / What Is The Maximum Speed You Have Ever Attained While Driving A Car? / Woman's Leg Smashed In Delta By A Hit & Run Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.