Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System (3513 Views)

2017 Generation Of Programmers - What Languages Are You Using? / What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently / What OS Are You Using On Your System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by funloaded: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
As for me, I'm using the popular windows 10, I'm considering changing to ios el capitan but i haven't got the installation disc. Some people use windows 8, 7, ubuntu e.t.c but some people don't want to upgrade their OS due to fears of getting their systems into shithole. I'm even surprised a guy told me he is still using windows xp....

What is your current OS and did you get problems during installation or after installation ??
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by oluspicy: 2:41pm On Nov 29, 2016
I am currently using Windows 7 on my Compacq Presario and Windows 8 on my Hp G56.

Early this year I upgraded my Compaq Presario front Windows 7 to 10, but the bugs on that OS was too much cos its not suitable for my nedia works in church. So I have downgraded to Windows 7 and I've been enjoying it ever since.
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by oluspicy: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
I am currently using Windows 7 on my Compacq Presario and Windows 8 on my Hp G56.

Early this year I upgraded my Compaq Presario front Windows 7 to 10, but the bugs on that OS was too much cos its not suitable for my nedia works in church. So I have downgraded to Windows 7 and I've been enjoying it ever since.

You shouldn't be surprised dat some are still using Windows xp...

Last week, a friend showed me his lappy and asked me to help install an antivirus. When I tried installing, the system refused to accept d antivirus cos its Windows Vista, with only 1GB of RAM.

I have to take time to upgrade d RAM to 2GB and install Windows 8 for him.

Now he's enjoying his old Packard Bell laptop.
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
Fedora...
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by jidez007: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Jregz:
Fedora...
Na you be boss na. I'm enjoying my Linux Mint.
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Emmach10(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
jidez007:

Chilling with my Ubuntu which I dual booted with windows 8 (though I don't use it anymore) and Kali Linux on Ubuntu via VM.

Windows is rubbish while all apples products are over priced pieces of Junk!

LINUX is the WAY!

1 Like

Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by SeunLanLege(m): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

That's the only OS on my laptop, used to dual boot it with remix OS but I removed it after I bought a phone.

Removed Windows from my laptop since 2013

Might install El Capitan on it before the year runs out. So I can work with xcode.
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Craigston: 8:07am On Nov 30, 2016
Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus). I recently moved over from Debian 8 (Jessie). But power management just got worse. My battery now discharges faster than before and "powertop --auto-tune" does not work. I find it annoying that the default screen brightness is too high and I have to force it further down every time. Going to Windows 10 could solve the power and driver issues but it'll bring me into more trouble with development (I find it easier to work on Linux).

1 Like

Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2016
jidez007:

Boss keh ? We know the true bosses
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Craigston: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Jregz:

Boss keh ? We know the true bosses
Huh? Baba Jregz don dey deny the title? We know them sha, but you sef dey. One day, we'll become true bosses.
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
Craigston:

Huh? Baba Jregz don dey deny the title? We know them sha, but you sef dey. One day, we'll become true bosses.

*dies*
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Craigston: 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jregz:

*dies*
Oh, that...is no problem. *pours ice-cold water into his ears and over his head*
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 03, 2016
Craigston:

Oh, that...is no problem.
*pours ice-cold water into his ears and over his head*
cheesy cheesy
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
OS X
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by jboy01(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kali. Recently move from ubuntu 16.04 to kali due to unable to wakeup from hibernate, and i will be having ethical hacking practical classes in school
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by uzoexcel(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
Windows 98 sad
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Marcelxyz(m): 10:56am On Dec 06, 2016
window 7
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by larisoft: 12:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
Ubuntu 16
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by TopKat(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
Windows 7
Hopefully http://clickfit.clkpfct.com/go/StoreCorner change to a Mac soon.
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by spoilerx: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ubuntu 16.10
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Echatbook: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kali Linux
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by nnasino(m): 3:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
OS X sierra and windows 10
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2016
Laptop 1 Dual Boot (KUbuntu 16.04) and Windows 10
Laptop 2 KUbuntu 16.04
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by snyperboi(m): 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
guys am currently using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS very fast and cool for my programming work....
my advice to all programmers in the house is to install ubuntu and ditch Windows os...
besided Ubuntu is the best linux distro
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by jboy01(m): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
snyperboi:
guys am currently using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS very fast and cool for my programming work....
my advice to all programmers in the house is to install ubuntu and ditch Windows os...
besided Ubuntu is the best linux distro
are you able to hibernate ur pc while running ubuntu 16.04?
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by snyperboi(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2016
jboy01:
yes... i use the terminal when ever I want to hibernate
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by dabigjoe6(m): 7:04am On Dec 18, 2016
Ubuntu 16.04.1
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by dabigjoe6(m): 7:05am On Dec 18, 2016
jboy01:
Yeah everything works out of the box for me
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by LoveDecay(m): 2:21am On Dec 19, 2016
Wont use anything but windows.... grin

competent in debian
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 19, 2016
Emmach10:

Chilling with my Ubuntu which I dual booted with windows 8 (though I don't use it anymore) and Kali Linux on Ubuntu via VM.

Windows is rubbish while all apples products are over priced pieces of Junk!

LINUX is the WAY!

I use Ubuntu (trusty tahr), no dual booting, Linux forever. I use wine to run most windows apps i need. Windows is defnitetly not rubbish, just not as developer friendly as Linux.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by jboy01(m): 7:24am On Dec 19, 2016
dabigjoe6:

Yeah everything works out of the box for me
which command are you talking about
sudo pm-hibernate?
the command work well when I was using Ubuntu 14.04, but when I switch to 16.04, it hibernate but show a black screen when ever I ON the pc. so I will need to power off and on using the physical button for it to display normal again. I have been putting my pc in sleep mode all these while sha. hoping to find a solution.
Re: What Operating System Are You Using On Your Computer System by dabigjoe6(m): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
jboy01:
which command are you talking about
sudo pm-hibernate?
the command work well when I was using Ubuntu 14.04, but when I switch to 16.04, it hibernate but show a black screen when ever I ON the pc. so I will need to power off and on using the physical button for it to display normal again. I have been putting my pc in sleep mode all these while sha. hoping to find a solution.
Well when I was using ubuntu 15.10 I do hibernate my system but ever since I installed 16.04.1 I only suspend but it should still work.
I think your display manager might be causing the black screen when you boot up. Gdm gave me such trouble when I was using gnome.
Try to install lightdm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Programming Now A Mediocre Thing???? / Aptech Students / I'm About To Start Applying For Remote Jobs. Any Tips?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.