Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently (3145 Views)

Help!!!. What Language Is Best For Developing A Payment App. / What Is The Longest Line Of Code You Have Written And In What Language / In What Language Was Photoshop Written? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by clevadani: 9:54pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hey Nairalanders,
As an upcoming programmer and someone who is a silent follower of the programming section, I would like to know the different languages and/or frameworks some of you guys are using. Or have used/learned.
I am an aspiring fullstack web developer and so far and apart from normal Html5, CSS3, I use javascript, nodeJs and I have worked with mongodb. I am also currently learning php, MySQL, reactjs and d3.
Over to you.
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by snyperboi(m): 3:46am On Mar 15, 2017
I'm a python developer, I use the kivy framework to create full functional cross platform app
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ebonflexy(m): 3:48am On Mar 15, 2017
snyperboi:
I'm a python developer, I use the kivy framework to create full functional cross platform app

Stop that nonsense.
You better learn Javascript/NodeJS and use ElectronJS for Desktop and React Native for mobile apps.

1 Like

Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by clevadani: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2017
ebonflexy:

Stop that nonsense.
You better learn Javascript/NodeJS and use ElectronJS for Desktop and React Native for mobile apps.
Not cool bro.
Make your contribution without attacking others. There's a better way to advise others.
So what technologies and/or frameworks do u use.
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Cooldude68(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
ebonflexy:

Stop that nonsense.
As if ElectronJS and React Native are the only tools available for use!
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Cooldude68(m): 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
ebonflexy:

Stop that nonsense.
in my own opinion, i dont think ElectronJS can do anything better than Java or C# when it comes to desktop apps...
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ebonflexy(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2017
Cooldude68:

As if ElectronJS and React Native are the only tools available for use!

They are if you want to remain professionally relevant.
Thing with software is, you need to always learn something new every 2 years.
And before you really get into something new, you need to be sure learning that thing will benefit you in the long run.
There's too much cognitive dissonance in this field, so best to stick with trends that are transferrable and that don't totally become useless 2 years from now. The Javascript eco-system is getting stronger by the years.

Say for example you are trying to get a remote contract somewhere (US, UK, etc), good luck with kivy.
This isn't an argument about which is better/fun/etc because all that is subjective. It's about which one opens more opportunities for you....thereby killing multiple birds with one tactical stone.

You owe it to yourself to at least be employable after all that "fun".
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
The term full-stack developer is always being misused. As a matter of fact, it is better we drop it already.

1 Like

Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 15, 2017
well i use my self built php framework, and plain ECMA 1.8 + little jquery for web things; and i use xamarin for mobile dev, other languages for servers nd desktop things.
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by danidee10(m): 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
ebonflexy:

Stop that nonsense.

Nonsense

Hope u know Electron's performance is terrible compared to other desktop frameworks.

Electron hasn't gotten there yet.

That's the reason why sublime text is faster and more responsive than Atom
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by cbrass(m): 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
as for me i no too sabi things, just loving my laravel and poking my nose gradually into nodejs but the thing looks scary to me
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by clevadani: 6:36am On Mar 16, 2017
dhtml18:
The term full-stack developer is always being misused. As a matter of fact, it is better we drop it already.
What do you mean by that? please explain...
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by danmention: 9:18am On Mar 16, 2017
ebonflexy:

Stop that nonsense.

I will like to contact you so we can talk ! trying to make a decision which is best to learn at this stage , for mobile app ...Ionic2 or React Native,
do you stay in lagos ..send me your details or call me up 08063427286
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 16, 2017
Python, framework is Pyramid
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
clevadani:

What do you mean by that? please explain...
Many people dont really understand what a full-stack developer means - even some that call themselves that.
I dont really call myself a full-stack developer (although i am supposed to be one if we go by the criteria).

Have a look at this - http://www.laurencegellert.com/2012/08/what-is-a-full-stack-developer/ - to give you a good idea of what a full-stack developer ought to be.
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 1:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Python, framework is Pyramid
Can we work on something together outside NL programmer to programmer? smiley
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Can we work on something together outside NL programmer to programmer? smiley
Sorry I prefer not to interact with people outside of the forum, nothing personal smiley

Plus I'm just a learner when it comes to Python so doubt I'd be of much use smiley
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Sorry I prefer not to interact with people outside of the forum, nothing personal smiley

Plus I'm just a learner when it comes to Python so doubt I'd be of much use smiley
You and this slogan, lol.
We could both learn it together in the process, pair programming is fun smiley
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToyinDipo:

You and this slogan, lol.
We could both learn it together in the process, pair programming is fun smiley
Lool. Nah I'm ok, nothing personal though smiley

Which languages are you already familiar with?
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Lool. Nah I'm ok, nothing personal though smiley

Which languages are you already familiar with?
I would really like to hear your voice via Skype.

I'm a core Java programmer, I work with JSF and Spring framework
I'm also good with Javascript precisely MEAN stack
I was learning Python a while ago, I later dropped it.
Recently I started learning c++, but I've been kinda busy these days, it's been a while I spent time on it.
You?
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToyinDipo:

I would really like to hear your voice via Skype.

I'm a core Java programmer, I work with JSF and Spring framework
I'm also good with Javascript precisely MEAN stack
I was learning Python a while ago, I later dropped it.
Recently I started learning c++, but I've been kinda busy these days, it's been a while I spent time on it.
You?
Haha, nothing personal o smiley

Learnt Java at uni, also did a bit of C++ although that was a while ago and the bare minimum. Some PHP also (although some don't consider it a 'real' programming language lol)
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Haha, nothing personal o smiley

Learnt Java at uni, also did a bit of C++ although that was a while ago and the bare minimum. Some PHP also (although some don't consider it a 'real' programming language lol)

That 'some' actually consists of all Java programmers, lol.
What your favourite programming language or language you've worked with the most.
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToyinDipo:

That 'some' actually consists of all Java programmers, lol.
What your favourite programming language or language you've worked with the most.
Lol ok technically it's a scripting language. Probably Java, why did you end up dropping Python btw?
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Lol ok technically it's a scripting language. Probably Java, why did you end up dropping Python btw?
I was learning it then, because it's one of the fastest programming languages in terms of processing. People say Java is verbose, but I found Python more verbose in a way. There were just too many 'repetitive' syntax structures that I found unnecessary, especially the iterative syntax.
Also, I was hoping to work on a project with it then, which I ended up not working on.
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToyinDipo:

I was learning it then, because it's one of the fastest programming languages in terms of processing. People say Java is verbose, but I found Python more verbose in a way. There were just too many 'repetitive' syntax structures that I found unnecessary, especially the iterative syntax.
Also, I was hoping to work on a project with it then, which I ended up not working on.
Lol really? I've so far found Python to be 'simpler' in terms of syntax than Java, fair enough. I see, sorry about that. Did you get into programming via school or by yourself?
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Lol really? I've so far found Python to be 'simpler' in terms of syntax than Java, fair enough. I see, sorry about that. Did you get into programming via school or by yourself?
I started from school, with pascal, c, c++. I learnt vb6 and Java SE via self study while in school.

1 Like

Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
@1bkaye, I need some tutorials on Python, when are we starting? smiley
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToyinDipo:
@1bkaye, I need some tutorials on Python, when are we starting? smiley
Lol unable to help you with that, sorry smiley
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 4:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Lol unable to help you with that, sorry smiley
Unable or unwilling or both cheesy
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToyinDipo:

Unable or unwilling or both cheesy
Unwilling cheesy
Re: What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently by ToyinDipo(m): 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2017
1bkaye:
Unwilling cheesy
That hurts embarassed cheesy
This is the week of showing kindness, remember? smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anybody Here Know How One Can Password/encrypt Sqlite Database in C++? / Google Cloud Not Accepting My Debit Card. What Do I Do? / A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.